“Clean sheet and bathroom” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8700 S Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #274 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Stuart, Florida, United States
“Clean sheet and bathroom”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room in general and bathroom was clean. There were stains on the carpet but everything else was clean and looked new. When I arrived the strip at the bottom of the door was coming off and sticking out at a 90 degree angle; however, they had it screwed back on that night.

The toilet ran profusely the whole time I was there (4 nights) and no amount of telling the front desk or maids coming in every day remedied that. Their water bill must be huge.

I am generally cold-natured and usually freeze in motel rooms but I had this one set at 60 degrees and was comfortable so I'm thinking it wasn't working too well. The 3rd night, the front of the AC fell off without me touching it. Again, maids came and went and it was not repaired.

The 2nd night when I returned to my room, my card did not work and I had to go get it reprogrammed. Staff was nice though.

Internet was very slow and you have to keep signing in constantly.

Lastly, it is right next to a railroad track. If you are a light sleeper, the train horn might wake you every night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Miramar, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed two nights and told them about a couple of broken lights and they hadn't fixed them until we left. We were able to manage but more light in the room would have been better. The internet access wasn't working and the front desk guy said that it doesn't since they changed their provider.

Breakfast was nice. Eggs, bacon/sausage, Sliced bread, bagel, danish, muffin, hard boilded eggs, milk cereal, juice, coffee, tea. Two toasters, no microwave.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Groton, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Wish we read the reviews before deciding to book this hotel. But since our weekend trip was kind of a last-minute plan, we didn't really had the time. But anyway, the toilet seat in our bathroom had some orange stains on it. At first I thought they were just one of those things that kind of results from wear and tear, but when I wiped them off with the hand towel, they actually came off! You don't need to be a genius to figure out what those stains were. Ick.

• Stayed April 2013
Gander, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The best part of the hotel was the breakfast and location near the airport, The room smelled. The beds and linens new but did little to make one feel clean. The dumpster awoke us at 4 and we were then up for the rest of the night. The breakfast was good but would not stay here again. Many other choices in the vicinity....wish we had not prepaid ( the receptionist would not check and see if we could use this towards a better hotel in their chain nearby).

Room Tip: Away from the dumpster
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Seriously, the hotel should actually be called "No-Quality Inn & Suites". I couldn't believe how truly bad the room was, despite having read other reviews. I wish I had listened, but the hotel offered conveniences that I felt I couldn't pass up given my situation. I wish I had just looked elsewhere.

Our flight was getting in late to Orlando airport so we were looking for a hotel that offered a cheap stay with airport shuttle that was close to an Avis car rental site. Low and behold we found Quality Inn and Suites at Florida Mall and thought the convenience was perfect for our needs. They even offer a free breakfast in the morning so we could sleep in, grab a bite to eat, check out and get our car rental (the Avis is located in the lobby of the hotel). I read the other reviews here and took a chance; the other reviews are not exaggerating how disgusting this hotel is.

First there was our experience with the airport shuttle. Granted it is a free service but this was something that was exceptionally frustrating for us. We were supposed to arrive just before midnight but our flight was delayed and we got in just before 1 am. So we were already losing sleep time. On top of that it was the start of daylight savings so we would be losing an additional hour - that's not the hotel's fault, obviously. I was aware it would be a 20-30 minute drive from the airport and that we would likely need 5-10 minutes to check-in and get to bed, but I had no idea we would end up being up as late as we were because we somehow missed the airport shuttle and had to call them back. What made this frustrating is I was told to call for the shuttle as soon as we landed, before we got our baggage. So I did so. I was told to meet the shuttle at A1 and had to correct the employee on the phone that we were on the B-side. So we were told to wait at B1. We did. After 15 minutes (25 minutes after the call) we began to doubt we were waiting at the right spot so we walked down the one-way street checking every sign and vehicle (even those that drove past) and we did not see the shuttle - it was clearly marked when we eventually saw it. So we went back to B1 and waited some more before calling. They told us the shuttle driver had been there and waited for us and left. We waited for an eternity for the shuttle to come back. I will say this, the driver, once he picked us up, made every effort to get us to the hotel as soon as possible. He didn't ask for a tip but we were happy to give one despite the earlier mix-up (and I'm certain he was never at B1 until he picked us up).

So when we got there we didn't get a great look at the room because we were tired from travelling and waiting and just wanted to sleep. But the room was absolutely disgusting. There was what appeared to be blood splatter on the bed skirt; the door would not close without excessive force because the weather-stripping was broken; there was a very visible dust bunny in front of the night stand; there were oreos in the garbage can; there was a sticky candy on the floor; there were stains on the floor and bed sheets; the front panel cover on the air conditioner was not attached for some reason; even the free paper pad had writing on it. I just don't understand how ALL of these things are missed. That is certainly not quality, as per the hotel's namesake. We told the hotel employee that checked us out about these issues and she wrote them down and apologized but made no effort to ensure we would be a repeat customer.

The hotel itself isn't terrible. Two floors; rooms are accessible from the exterior; the lobby is average; the grounds in the middle around the pool are nice but the pool was dirty/grimy. The free breakfast features hot and cold food but it was perhaps the worst free food I had ever eaten. We took a bit of everything back to our room and hardly ate anything - and we are not picky/fussy eaters.

I wanted to like this hotel for some of the conveniences it offered but if you're going to be called "Quality Inn & Suites" then you need to offer some degree of quality. Whomever cleans those rooms should be fired (unless they have brought these concerns to management and they have ignored them) because there's no way any effort was made to clean the room other than to straighten it up and perhaps change the towels. I have never had such a negative experience at a hotel and I am certainly going to be passing on my feedback to the any one at Quality Inn & Suites that will listen because such disgusting amenities are just not acceptable. I'm glad we only ended up in the room for several hours. We couldn't stand to be in the room any longer than necessary.

I did check for bed bugs and did not find any in the room we stayed in. It wouldn't surprise me though if they existed in other rooms as other reviews suggest based on the poor effort to clean the rooms.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here... there's plenty of other options available.
Arcata, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Wow, blood on the pillow! So gross! Do not stay here! Hairs everywhere, i wish i saw the bed bug reviews before hand, i really wish i wasnt in a tight spot and had to stay here because this is awful in so many ways!

CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I chose this hotel because I was only staying in Orlando for one night and needed to save money. I probably should've just stayed in the airport but at least this hotel had a free shuttle. Front desk was nice and helpful. Only things I didn't really like: floor wasn't vacuumed, stains on the walls (some fingerprints behind the front door), no coffee filters. Also the wifi was horrible. But at least it had tv and I had 3g on my phone so for one night, it was ok.

Room Tip: I didn't know about the train until I read a review after I checked in. Super loud in the mornin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!