“Great Hotel and experience” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #45 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We spent two weeks here and had a fab time with very few hiccups. The guys down at the pool bar, Tom and Matt kept us entertained on the days we spent around the pool which was great. They were always polite and helpful. Our son absolutely LOVED the pirate ship in the pool! I will agree that the onsite shop is a total rip off but a short walk to Walmart solves this.

The location was perfect for getting to all the parks via an included shuttle bus twice a day from the hotel.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to those visiting the parks especially for its location.

Stayed April 2014

2,890 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

These apartments are fantastic for those wanting a relaxing disney stay. The rooms are well equiped and have everything you need to have a two week self catering holiday. We found it handy to come home with a pizza on evenings you were exhausted and to watch a movie. Also, having a simple breakfast some days really made a difference as we were getting a little sick of fried breakfasts. The pool area is nice and clean although drinks down at the pool are pricey! The main bedroom in the aprtment has a great jacuzzi tub although i admit, i never used it. The walk in showers were great though. The main family bathroom was in good working order and the 2 other bedrooms were a decent size. The lovely big balconies are great to have a morning cup of tea on and watch the sun rise. Would highly reccommend. Car hire compulsary as nothing really around restaurant or shop wise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A nice change to a hotel room when visiting Disney/Universal with a family. Apartments very large and with a kitchen area fairly well equipped, and washer and dryer to hand. Nice balcony with table and four chairs without a squash!
Rooms very tired and dated, and bedding also shows more than a bit of wear. Holes in the sheets and blankets and be warned - servicing is NOT included at all! You get the option of a daily, weekly or ad hoc service of your room but you have to pay extra. (I was not told of this so taking up with Travel Agent and expecting a refund!)
Pool is nice, a bit on the cool side, but once you are in then it is fine. Pirate ship a big draw with the kids, although only one slide and you can't actually go on top or along the boat itself so my two were a bit disappointed. Pool bar well stocked and well priced. Staff friendly and quick. Ditto for Reception staff - no problem with the various things I needed, like store vouchers printing off etc. (there is a computer too in the Reception where you can print off your boarding passes for flights etc).
All in all I'd say an equivalent of a 3 plus star rating. Close to a petrol station, Walmart and there is an outlet store behind the complex - literally a 2 min walk. On site parking free but can get a bit congested when everyone comes back about 5-6pm.
Would we go again? - maybe. I think the rooms need a refurb first though!

Room Tip: We had Block 5, rooms 5710 and 5706. Both pool facing. My brother had block 5, 5511 - facing towar...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Totally agree with all positive reviews. Clean. Friendly helpful staff. Booked a 2 bed but allocated a three bed on arrival, could sleep 8 as sofa a fold out bed. Plenty of room all appliances you need. Pool provided towels Only negatives instructions on how to work appliances, though i did work out washer and drier for myself, and little supermarket was verrry expensive. Turn left and just up road is a Walmart. Would recommend a stay here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
va beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Okay...where do I start???? Let's just say if you're not picky about hotels/resorts, then this may not be important to you since you'll probably spend most of your time enjoying outdoor activities. However, if you're like me and care about where you lay your head, please keep reading.

My husband and I decided to take the kids to Disney for Spring Break. I always go to Trip Advisor to find a nice resort. We could have returned to some of the past resorts where we usually like to stay, but I like experiencing different resorts. I found a vacation rental on TripAdvisor- 3 bedroom condo @ Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa. I immediately submitted a request to see if the condo unit was still avail. The next day I received a call from Lisa Johnston @ Holiday Villas, who called to confirm the condo was still avail. I completed the paperwork, submitted payment and received an email confirmation. At the very last moment, Lisa called me back to see if I was okay with renting a 2br unit b/c the resort indicated it had rented it's last 3 br unit. This was no problem as my children tend to sleep in the same room when we travel. I was a bit confused by this though b/c I thought we were renting the actual unit as advertised on TripAdvisor. Lisa reassured me that all of the units look the same and not to worry b/c many families enjoy this resort and return year after year. This put my mind at ease.

When we checked into the resort everything was smooth sailing. We drove to Building 1, parked and headed for the entrance. Immediately, I knew things were about to go south (no pun intended). The entrance where the elevator was located looked run down and shabby. The trash can needed emptying and the walls needed a fresh coat of paint. We headed up to the 4th floor (I believe) and, again, the hallway needed sprucing. The minute I opened the door, I was disgusted. The carpet was old and badly stained, the tub and sink area was in need of fresh caulking, the dingy sheets did not properly fit the cheap mattress, the sofa, loveseat and chair in the living rm area were so dirty that I warned my kids not to sit on it or anything else. This condo unit looked like something you'd expect to find at a Motel 8. The tv's were even outdated (no flat screen in sight). I immediately returned to the front desk and demanded another room. I was given a key to a unit in Building 2. I left my family in the car while I ran up to check it out as I was expecting it to look very similar to the 1st unit, since the lobby area looked very similar. When I went up to take a look, the only difference was there was no hole in the carpet and the outdated tv's were at least flat screens. I returned to the front desk to ask for another unit because I knew there was no way for me to demand a refund from Holiday Villas as it was after hours. The front desk clerk advised me there were no other units available. He suggested I return to the front desk at 11AM to request a room change b/c freshly-cleaned rooms would be available then. Reluctantly, we took a handful of our belongings to the unit in Bldg 2 as I was afraid of what might crawl into my belongings if we brought everything with us. We did not take showers, my kids slept together in the same bed, my husband donned a pair of pj bottoms and I slept with all of my clothes on. I only slept for a few hrs as I was eager to contact Holiday Villas to demand a refund so we could check into a different resort. I called repeatedly but never got a live person on the phone. At this point, I wasn't convinced I was going to get anybody on the phone so I rushed to the front desk to speak with a mgr. The mgr offered an apology, gave me an upgrade to a room with a pool view in building 5 and sent me on my way. The room was much better than the previous two, although it was still not the same quality resort to which we are accustomed. The kitchen area was pretty nice, but the rooms are not well decorated and it had somewhat of a drab feel. The sofa, loveseat and chairs werent dirty like the ones in the other rooms, but there was no real wow factor and everything was dated- even the lobby area of this building (although it didn’t look as bad as some of the other buildings). The only bright spot: my kids did enjoy the pool. We made the best of it- considering I never heard back from Lisa Johnston from Holiday Villas, but I would NEVER rent anything through Holiday Villas nor stay at this dated resort again!!!!!!

Room Tip: Buildings 1 and 2 look worse than the buildings closer to the pool, although all of the buildings we...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just returned from 2 week stay. We originally were given a ground floor room in block 2 with a view of the Nike store, the room was a bit damp smelling and lacking in daylight because of the way it was facing and generally felt it could do with a spruce up. We stayed a couple of nights and thought we would ask reception in any rooms were available in Block 5 of which there were. We moved straight away into the 12th Floor of Block 5 at an extra $5 per night we had a pool and forest view and the rooms were lovely and sunny and had such a better feel it really made a difference. I would suggest in Block 2 that it needs a clean and paint but you can't do anything about its lack of sun sadly. Overall we did have a great stay and the staff were very attentive although probably well used to people wanting to move into Block 5, this review may not have been so great had we not moved room. We would definitely recommend to friends to stay here but ensure they book Block 5.

Room Tip: Book Block 5
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, today
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay, despite the hiccup at the begining. We are glad that our staff were able to assistance you, and that it didn't stop you from having a great time. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have just returned from a two week stay 5adults and two children 5yr old and 20 month baby.after reading reviews that we're not very good we were a bit concerned as to what the hotel was like.thankfully our fears were unfounded as we all had a brilliant holiday .The apartment was lovely every thing we could wish for and more .The staff were very helpful we had no problems and will book this hotel again as we had such a good time.We stayed in block 5 on the 9th floor our daughter son-in-law and two grandchildren stayed on the 6th floor.If you are thinking of booking this hotel in our opinion and we.are a bit fussy about hotel rooms you will not go far wrong .

Room Tip: Ask for building 5 high floor very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much! We are delighted to heart that you were impressed with our resort, and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, and will pass your compliments on to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Been to Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa? Share your experiences!