So we are just back from a week at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa and we couldn't have asked for better
IMPORTANT NOTE; this is not a standard hotel, but is a Condo style resort. This however is its selling point, more so if your travelling with kids, they have their own room and you have yours. No having to stay quiet all the time because you are all in the same room.
Where do I start????
Well we stayed on the 12th floor of Block 5, with a lovely view of the Pirate Ship Pool. The room was MASSIVE, and the kitchen was fully stocked with every appliance you could want to keep yourself fed and watered for the length of your stay! As for the freezer........you could nearly climb into it yourself to keep yourself cool (well not really but ya know what I mean)
The master bedroom with the en suite, whirlpool, and walk in shower was everything I had expected and more!!! Nothing more relaxing than a soak in a hot bath after a day at the parks walking. (I'm 6'5" tall and fit in the tub very comfortably with some room to spare)
Now I had read some reviews complaining about the beds being hard and pillows too soft but I have to say our bed was perfect, I think both sides of the bed were in different postal zones it was THAT big,)
We didn't go for the freshen up cleaning and maintained the apartment ourselves, quick run over the rooms with the Hoover and a load of towels on at night and into the tumble dryer before heading off to the parks, perfect! Side note, also came home with most of our laundry done!
Now I have to agree that the prices of the onsite Mini Market ARE above what you'd pay in the Walmart that's about a mile further out the RT 535 from the resort, so if you have a car utilise it and shop for all your groceries, it's a 24 hour store!
And the onsite Outlet Stores are one of the best around to find bargains in, the Premium Outlets is only up the road and they do have a bigger selection of the more obscure stores but I found everything I wanted in the lbv outlets!
I'd definitely recommend to anyone who was planning a family trip to Orlando as a base for their holiday due to the facilities and location, HOWEVER I personally would have to say that having a car would be a requirement to stay at this resort, unless you wanted to be waiting for the complimentary shuttle buses or getting taxis everywhere.
All in all a fantastic stay, with very pleasant staff who were all very helpful
The complimentary wifi was an added bonus
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village