“Sad to say it is going downhill” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #45 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Seminole, Fl
“Sad to say it is going downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Since this resort opened a few years ago, my family and I have stayed because it was brand new, exceptionally clean and spacious, nice furnished, etc. We come several times a year.
However, it is really starting to go downhill as far as maintenance. I heard that there was a new management company, but I don't know anything about it or when they took over. All i know is that recently I've been noticing the hallway flooring smelling musty and looking colored, the walls not being kept up painting, the furniture looking worn and tired, and frequently the bathrooms aren't as clean as they should be. On my last trip here, there was some mold in the bathroom, the bathroom floors weren't mopped, and there were a few pieces of worn furniture. The televisions in the living rooms have less than stellar reception. It is sad, because I used to tout this condo to everyone who was coming to the area. I am going to stop, now, and look elsewhere. It's a shame, because the pool is pretty cool with the pirate ship slide. But I like my hotels extremely clean, and I can see it is not that way any more. If someone came in and fixed the worn furniture, required better maintenance, and cleaned better, it would be back to stellar shape in no time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
We’re sorry to learn your most recent experience at our resort did not compare to past experiences. We will direct these issues to management. We hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future so we may better serve you. Thank you for your insights.

2,895 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
Southborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The hotel itself was well appointed and for the most part we were very comfortable. However there were more than a few things we had to scratch our heads about. The 2 bedroom condo we were in was very nice, but you had to pay for maid service. We don't mind cleaning up after ourselves, but there was no sweeper or broom to be found in the place. After four days of dinners in and 2 eight year olds, we had to break down and pay for the rug to be vaccuumed. Really?? Also, for a condo there was absolutely no pantry space to put dry groceries...we ended up stacking cereals, bread, etc on the shelf that divided the kitchen and dining area, and some we had to put in the second bathroom linen closet. What were the condo designers thinking??

The pool and pirate ship were a lot of fun for the kids and the pool bar was nice. That said, the hotel was situated such that the buildings blocked all afternoon sun. Maybe it was the time of year we were there (April), but again, this place has a lot of open space around it and we would have thought the builders could have situated the buildings better. It was too cold and breezy in the shade for the adults to enjoy the pool unfortunately.

The concierge was a young very inexperienced person when we stopped by and was not really helpful, even with basic Disney Park information. Another nit...the pillows were way way too soft and made my neck hurt, so I asked at the front desk and was told the whole place only has one kind of pillow. Huh??

I don't want to completely dismiss this hotel, because in general it was fine, but for the potential it just lacked in some basic areas that made our trip not as comfortable as it could easily have been. Each of these alone would be no big deal, but together they add up to an experience we won't be doing again, unfortunately.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to see things from our guests’ viewpoint. We have passed your comments along to the relevant departments for future improvement, and hope that you will reconsider staying with us again the next time you are visiting.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We chose lbvrv&s because we liked the images of the suites and thought it would be ideal for our honeymoon with our 9 month old! We arrived tired at about 8pm after being the last on our flight out of the airport, was conned for the hire car we thought we'd paid for and we got lost finding the place.
We were staying in building 1 and liked the look of the suite and main bedroom with spa bath!
We decided to order a pizza to our room from the pizza hut based in the same building while unpacking and getting the baby to sleep.
I called the pizza hut and asked for a delivery as I was tired and didnt know where pizza hut was, at the end of the conversation the women said "you can come and collect it in 10 minutes" I replied "can't you deliver it?" she said " it's in the same building you can collect it in 10mins or it'll take a lot longer" I asked how long and she said "30mins" after initially saying ok ill wait I went to collect 10mins later. The staff were all outside chatting with their mates. Ok pizza hut may not be in direct control of the hotel but if your offering the service the management should make sure they can deliver the service they promise, 20 mins extra to walk it upstairs when they have multiple staff was a bit of a joke.

Positives....
* size of apartment - lovely and big
* stocked with sample size washing up liquid, washing powder, a few dishwasher tablets etc. these get you through until your first trip to Walmart
* spa bath is awesome in the bedroom
* despite other reviews we found the bed comfortable and very spacious
* washer and dryer were a blessing. It saves taking dirty washing home too!
* tv in both living room and bedroom

Negatives....
* continually having room key issues, not opening when returning from long days out
* our balcony over looking the back car park, which isn't a problem but there was a an extract duct from the pub/ bar below which was quite smelly and noisy which meant we never sat out on balcony
* toilet blocking issues!!! Due to the embarrassing nature my husband had to tackle this numerous times as was quite disgusting!
* tv remote in bedroom only worked the volume.

Our boy also cut his head on a small nail/staple sticking out on the skirt of the armchair, it didnt look like it was from a bodged repair so we weren't heavily blaming the hotel but we had to contact reception twice before they came to knock the nail out so it couldn't happen again. I would expect more urgency when a baby has received a head cut from a damaged piece of their furniture. We had to go out after that and returned to find a small snack basket and a note wishing the rest our trip better (I guess in this lawsuit world saying sorry would be admitting liability) but our minimum expectation was fulfilled.

All said and done we have enjoyed our holiday, and would consider staying again, we just feel a little bit of tightening up and improved service would make it a top contender with the leading hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Request pool view or away from frankie Farrell's pub.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments, and will certainly pass them along for future improvement. We hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can show you better hospitality next time.
Clare, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife and I, along with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandsons just spent 8 nights at the LBV Resort and Spa. It was our second stay here, the previous being two years ago. The room size and amenities are excellent for the price. We rented a 3 bedroom suite with full kitchen and washer and dryer, as well as two bathrooms. The rooms are large and there is a TV in the living room and one in each bedroom. The master bedroom has a whirlpool tub as well. The decor is slightly dated, and the carpet somewhat worn, but the overall condition of the room is very good. There is free wired internet, and I brought a portable router with me to provide a suite-wide private wireless network for the duration of our stay. The pool is large with a zero entry end and a pirate ship with an enclosed water slide. Because this is a condo, housekeeping services are an additional charge. We knew this going in, however, and planned for that. The hotel provides complimentary soap for the dishwasher, as well as laundry soap. We washed our towels frequently throughout our stay, and did the light housekeeping chores ourselves. At our last stay there was no vacuum in the room, but this time we were pleased to find a vacuum cleaner in one of the closets.

We arrived at the resort at 12 noon, and were immediately checked in and our room was ready. We had called a couple of days prior to arrival and informed them of our early arrival time. Checkin was flawless and the desk staff friendly and helpful.

In contrast to some other reviews, the walls are not thin. We did not hear any noise from above or below, or from adjacent suites. The hotel seemed very quiet in spite of the many families with small children that were staying there at the same time as us.

The beds are a little firm, but overall comfortable. If you are looking for a pillow top mattress, you'll be disappointed, but these are above average hotel mattresses.

The location is close to Disney, but I would recommend renting a car for easy access to the local attractions. Indoor parking is provided, but late in the evening it can be difficult to find a parking spot as they are all filled by 10 pm or so.

I can highly recommend this resort, and my family and I plan on returning here for future vacations.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing the pirate ship pool. We stayed in building 3 both times we have stayed...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We pride ourselves on our customer service and are pleased that we met your needs. Thank you for the recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband, daughter, granddaughter and myself spent the week of May 4th to May 11 at this resort and we have nothing but praise for the location, the suite, the staff and,oh yes, the pool!! We were in building #5 overlooking the pool and we could not have been more pleased. We ate at Frankie Farrell's Pub only once but we would have returned if time had allowed because our lunch was fantastic. After long days at the Disney Parks, which are close by and easy to find, this resort was the perfect place to come "home" to.
Our suite was clean, cool, well furnished and cozy. We would return in an instant!!

Room Tip: Building #5 overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you were impressed by our resort and that your family enjoyed your weeklong stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

We traveled with our 1 year old and needed the washer dryer and functioning kitchen. We requested a pack and play and a high chair with the reservation and it wasn't in the room when we got in. An hour after I requested them again, the pack and play was delivered with a mismatched sleep pad that was to small for the pack and play and barely large enough for my baby to stretch his little body. The high chair was unusually short and feeding at their glass dining room table was dangerous as my childs chin just met the glass!
There were large industrial staples In the second bedroom I found just as my toddler was putting one in his mouth. I found lots of random trash items under the twin beds in the second room.
The carpets were FILTHY! Your feet turn black at the bottom if you don't wear shoes. The bed was rock hard and the pillows were like little sand bags. I could hear the people in the next room blow their nose and go to the bathroom. No security and no service. Room layout was great no time is spent on important details like insulation, bedding and cleanliness. After 2 nights of sleeplessness from noises and hard bed and dangerous conditions for my child I had to cut our vacation very short :(. What a poor decision this hotel was.....

• Stayed May 2012
We are so sorry to hear that you recent stay did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback, and will pass your comments along to the appropriate departments. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you better hospitality in the future.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We travelled with three children and three adults. Our suite had three bedrooms, (one with an ensuite) a family bathroom, an open plan kitchen, diner and a laundry in a cupboard. There was plenty of room for all of us and was the best value for money that we could find. The children loved the pool and the slide into the pool. there were three spa pools by the pool that we enjoyed also. There is an outlet centre next to the resort and a Walmart down the road for groceries. very convenient.Hi

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We’re thrilled you were pleased with our accommodations and enjoyed your stay in Orlando! Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Been to Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa? Share your experiences!