“Hands down best place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #73 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
New York, New York, United States
“Hands down best place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

This resort has ruined me for other hotels! We (my husband, baby daughter and I) have stayed twice and will be going again this Friday (we visit about every 6 months)! The spa is WONDERFUL, rooms/suites are nicer than some of the apartments I have lived in, front desk always uber helpful... If you have kids (my daughter was 5 months the first time we came and 11 months the last time) they have complimentary high chairs and sleepers/pack & plays, I can not tell you how convenient that is! Wal-Mart is down the road, Frankie Farrell's Irish pub & Grille (awesome burgers!) on premises, and the Lake Buena Vista Outlets right out front! I can't find a bad thing to say about this place! :D

Room Tip: We get pool view of the pirate ship which is surprisingly not noisey! (We also stay on the 13th floo...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for your positive review! I am delighted to hear that this was your second stay at our resort, and that you have already booked your third stay we us. We truly appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We will never rent a hotel room again now that we've stayed in this huge condo. It was 2 bedrooms and was lovely. The check in was easy - no crowd- and when I asked for building 5, they accomodated us with no problem and even gave us "fireworks view". All no extra charge. We got an excellent hotwire rate. The condo had a beautiful masterbath with jacuzzi tub (huge) and separate shower (huge), We were all pleased. Building 5 had underground free parking with a quick ride right up to the room - very convenient.
This place is attaced to a factory outlet mall which we went to but didn't care for. Frankie Farrel's is an irish pub we ate at. Fish n Chips were good. The Condo's are a few miles from a 24 hr Walmart that also carries a boatload of Disney Souvenirs at a much reasonable price! You do need a car to get around from here but it is close too all attractions 10 - 20 min away for everything. The pool at bldg 5 has the pirate ship- pool was nice as were the 3 hot tubs. Our kids (older teens) had a blast playing pool, swimimming, hot tub, videogames, etc... There is a pizza hut express on the property and it was good. It was very quiet there--never heard any neighbors...The furniture was nice, the people were nice and the spa looked great with good prices and specials. We would definately stay here again! Loved it! The kitchen was well equipped right down to a corkscrew!

Room Tip: Building 5 has the largest pool with the pirate ship
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear that from start to finish you had an excellent stay with us. I’m so glad that you enjoyed all of our amenities, and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. I hope that you will choose our resort the next time you are visiting the Orlando area.
Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We had a wonderful time at this property. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was huge and boasted amenities like a whirlpool tub and granite countertops. Maid service is not included unless you pay extra, but we knew that ahead of time, and the price of the room was more than reasonable. The front desk was very helpful with extra towels or other necessities when needed. The location was perfect, only 10 minutes from Walt Disney and very accessable to everything.

Room Tip: We opted for the fireworks upgraded room. It was fun the first time, but I wouldn't pay extra a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review. It sounds like you and your family had a great time at our resort. We appreciate your comments about the helpfulness of our staff, and we look forward to showing you the same hospitality on your next visit!
Brownsburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

This hotel would've received a higher rating from me if it hadn't been for a horrifying check-in. Upon our arrival, after driving 17 hours, we were told OUR room wasn't ready. I emphasize OUR because the second half of our party, who had driven down as well, got in their room immediately. We had asked for early check-in, however, the front desk didn't have any record of our request..oh well. This extra time allowed us to visit the pool bar, very nice. The drinks were well poured and the bartender, I believe his name was Steven, was very accommodating and friendly. Added bonus for the pool area...all Jimmy Buffett all the time. Upon a third check to see if our room was ready we were again told no....but wait...one of the other front desk folks whose name alludes me, intervened and found not one, but several rooms we could have. The girl who was working with us (the same girl who had informed us our room wasn't ready before) finished our check-in and sent us on our way. Again, I don't recall her name, however, she looks like Madison Pettis (Sophie) of Cory in the House. Anyway, once we arrived at our room, bags in hand, we inserted the key, got a green light, turned the handle, and......the thingy that prevents the door from opening all the way stopped us in our tracks. At this point the person actually occupying the room rushed to the door, visibly shaken, informing us in a loud voice that someone was already in the room. Needless to say my wife, my mother, my sister, my daughter, and I were beyond embarrassed. I immediately went to the front desk and asked for the manager. The manager, a very nice young man with a very thin beard(?) immediately went to work to rectify the situation. He apologized over and over and insisted on accompanying me back to my family with keys to another room. I am happy to say that this room was guest-free.
The room itself was very nice. It was clean and spacious and a welcomed comfort for weary travelers. The rest or our stay was nice, and event free until the last morning. The morning of our check-out was going along just fine until I made the mistake of asking the woman behind the bar at the pool for some ketchup. We had made breakfast in our room that morning and my daughter wanted some ketchup for her potatoes. I went downstairs to the pool bar, where I believe they serve breakfast every morning, and asked for some ketchup. The woman behind the bar's reaction went like this....."we're not supposed to give this stuff out" (this stuff being ketchup packets) and very rudely slammed ONE packet of ketchup down on the bar in front of me. As she slammed the packet down she immediately turned and walked away before I had a chance to thank her for the ONE packet of ketchup.
All-in-all this hotel is very nice and the staff very accommodating, however, based on the two not so small hiccups I couldn't give it higher rating. Will we return? I don't know. We are supposed to return to Orlando in January or February and we haven't made up our minds where we intend to stay.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the main pool, make sure to ask for a room in one to the two buildings that fla...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review. I’m so sorry about the hiccups that you encountered during check in, but I’m glad to hear that they did not stop you from enjoying our resort. I appreciate all of your comments, and will certainly pass them on to the relevant departments. We would love to see you and your family back at our resort again on your next visit to Orlando.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011 via mobile

Basically this was a short weekend trip to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. We wanted a bigger place since it was two couples and a fifth wheeler. the two bedroom, two bathroom room was more than ampule space.
The place was very clean and every staff that we encountered was super friendly. What else more could you want?
Well there was one little issue with not being able to pick up wifi from my phone in the room, but other that it was smooth sailing.
I've been going to HHN for the last 5 years and this place has been my favorite so far. Also don't forget to check out the pirate ship slide. It's goes faster than you think.

• Stayed October 2011
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for your positive review! I am so glad that you chose our property for your annual outing to Halloween Horror Nights, and am even more pleased that you liked our resort best of all the places that you have stayed! We hope that you will choose us again next year for your visit. Thanks again.
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at this condo resort in mid-October during our family vacation to Disney World. The check-in process was quick and easy - we were given a room at around 12:30pm on our check-in day which we really appreciated. For our stay we had a 3 bedroom/ 3 bath condo in the older tower. The condo was quite spacious and clean, but the furniture and decor was a bit dated. The hotel was kind enough to provide pots, pans, dishware, dishwashing dtrgnt, laundry soap, etc. We asked for a baking pan and the hotel staff kindly delivered one to our room in the evening. My group was excited about having jacuzzi tubs in each of the master bedrooms - this was great, but we had an issue every time it was used. For some strange reason about an hour after use of the jacuzzi jets and everything is turned off - the jets come on by themselves (usually right when you've fallen asleep) and there is no way to turn them off. This happened EVERY time the jacuzzi tub was used and it was very annoying. The pool is very nice with a pirate ship slide and zero entry area for the kiddos - ours really enjoyed it. Finally, the location was about 15 minutes to WDW and an easy drive.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

The hotel was reasonably clean and generally comfortable.
My party consisted of 4 adults and 2 children. We stayed in a 3 bed apartment on the 15th floor.
I was slightly concerned prior to arrival as some reviews has reported mould and worn / damaged furniture. I am pleased to say that I didn’t encounter any of these.

The actual suite had the air of a well used holiday let. The carpets were well trodden, there were marks on the walls, the lounge area coffee table was chipped round the edges were I suspect it had been used as a footstall by previous guests. That said the suite was clean and the towels and bed linen were clean and fresh.
On the subject of bed linen, on the two double beds the fitted sheet was too small and did keep pinging off during the night, which is undesirable. I didn’t report it to reception so there is no way of knowing whether they could have provided larger bed sheets had I asked.
The master suite was of an open plan design, including the toilet area which offered no privacy if you needed the facility during the night! Definitely not ideal! This could be because we were staying in an adapted apartment for disabled guests. There was the family bathroom that could be used as an alternative, but does somewhat defeat the idea of an en-suite. It may be worth clarifying with reception when you check in.
The kitchen area is reasonable. It does not seem designed for guests to cook an evening meal, more to prepare a light breakfast. It lacked work surface space. It was stocked with pots pans and all the basic kitchen equipment you would expect to find.
The balcony offered a reasonable view, and patio furniture was provided.

The communal areas of the hotel are cleaned daily and are spotlessly clean, if a little shabby in places. This is excluding the reception which is immaculate and belies the rest of the hotel somewhat.

The hotel reception and the concierge staff were polite and knowledgeable.

I personally did not go in the main pool, but I did accompany my party to poolside. The main pool is open from 7am to 10 pm daily. The pool is definitely designed for a children / family perspective, which suited us, but might not suit couples. The galleon ship is actually a single water slide. There is a much smaller second pool. All pool facilities were clean and well maintained. The pool bar provides drinks and refreshments, but is rather costly, and you are not permitted to take your own refreshments to poolside.

The hotel offers free Wi-Fi which you have to register for at reception. While this facility is there is is sometimes hard to to get a signal on the 15th floor of the 3rd block.

From a location perspective, this hotel is ideally suited if you have a family with impatient children as you are literally 5 minute drive from the main Disney road network, and only about a 10 – 12 minute drive from the Seaworld area and International Drive. There is a main shopping outlet area immediately over the road which you can walk through to from the hotel. Wal-mart is a 3 – 4 minute drive away. There is a resturant, Frankie Farrells opposite which serves Irish / british style food - with an American take on it. Its a bit pricey but good quality, though the resturant does lack atmosphere.

The shuttle bus service only operates at limited times to selected parks, so it not ideal as the only transportation link. It is however easy to book and arrives and departs punctually. Ideally you do need your own hire car.

Overall I would probably recommend this hotel for families, but probably not for couples. However it is fairly expensive, and you can get better facilities for less money, but this can be offset against time spent travelling to and from attractions. If you dont expect frills and fancies, then you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: beware lower floors in block 1 as these have a/c units outside the apartments.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of the feedback, and are sure that future guests will appreciate your tips. We hope that you will consider staying with us again. Thanks for your feedback.

Been to Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa? Share your experiences!