“Could have been worse..” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #241 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Houston, Texas
“Could have been worse..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was in town for a quick trip and knew in advance there wouldn't be any free time, so I decided to find a place near the hotel. The shuttle ride was good and when I arrived the line was starting to get long. I had to wait a fairly long time and there was only one person at the front desk trying to check everyone in. I can't believe the front desk woman did not have anyone helping her. As I got closer to check-in, I observed the woman doing an amazing job handling everything and being so courteous to everyone, even though you could tell all in line were agitated since we were having to wait so long. When I finally got to her, she handled everything smoothly and did a wonderful job. I think her name was Heidi, she looked Asian I believe, great smile and attitude. But in reality, there should have been two people up front during the rush, not sure why there wasn't.

I was not really impressed with the overall cleanliness or quality of the room. The lobby area and rooms could use an upgrade. The fitness center is not very impressive at all, it just has a treadmill and a bike. However, I realize this is not a luxury hotel, so I can't blast it too much more. I rated the restaurant a 4, because there was a frickin' Waffle House across the street. I love my chicken and waffles!

Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Shamir P, General Manager at Travelodge Orlando International Drive, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear guest,

It appears you have reviewed the wrong hotel... We do not have anyone named Heidi working at the front desk, we do not have a restaurant either, and there are no waffle houses anywhere near us.

We would very much like you to stay with us in the future:-)

Best regards,

G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Bad bad place to stay. Dirty unclean. Nasty staff. Over charged my credit card twice with no reason. Bad manager. Not nice at all. Blood stains on sheets and prostitues in hallways. Took 50 min to check in as not enough staff on call. Shuttle service is shady. Please book somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
Hebron
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Bedding was filthy, glad I had my own blanket because I brought it in. The air conditioner did not cool very well and you could see daylight through the door to outside. They have the nerve to charge a resort fee for this dump. No kind of breakfast items. The staff was not friendly at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to apologize for the fact that we failed to meet your expectations.

We take your feedback to heart, as we try to improve our customer service. The resort fee charge is simply a county fee added for the location, I am sorry that it was an inconvenience to you and hope you will consider giving us a second chance to make it up to you.

Best regards,

G.M.
Bay Shore, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Even though this hotel is local and around everything I have to say there were good and bad things to say.
The reception desk- Paul & Melvin was great helped out a lot.
They were helpful,courteous and funny.
Problem I had was a charge for a microwave. I thought that came with the room.
Also they had no towels to wash with the last few days of my stay.
The bathrooms are really small.
The rooms were clean.
Rod who was at the recption desk was no help rude, lazy and quite nasty.

Room Tip: This hotel is near everything in walking distance.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Arima, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, clean room, all the amenities you want in a room - safe, functional aircon, small fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker, friendly staff, close to theme parks, and walking distance to Resturants, in all, free wifi in all areas, value for money.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Travelodge Orlando International Drive? Share your experiences!