“Run away, don't walk! This hotel is horrible!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Orlando

You added Knights Inn Orlando to your Saves list
Knights Inn Orlando
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5870 S Orange Blossom Trail, FL Tpke Exit 254/B-Line Exit 4, Orlando, FL 32839   |
Ranked #302 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“Run away, don't walk! This hotel is horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I came to Orlando for an interview in the Belle Isle area. The hotel is conveniently located near the city of Belle Isle (south and east of Orlando proper). Upon checking in the clerk was very friendly. However, after paying she explained that the room I had been assigned did not lock from the outside. What? She said that when I left the room to take EVERYTHING with me. I went to look at the room, and she was correct, the door does not lock from the outside. Instead, you must bolt the door upon entering. Only one light in the entire room worked. No lighting in the bathroom or bedroom area, just the one (very dim) light by the door. The room was really gross. The internet did not work, and there is no WiFi signal for Knights Inn. Instead, you must access internet from the free wireless offered by the McDonald's next door. The room faced an alley and homeless people (pushing their stolen grocery carts) walked by, along with a very large prostitute wearing a cat suit and pink wig. A strange guy kept walking by and stopping in front of the window to my room and staring in. I stayed long enough to access the free internet from McDonald's to find another place to stay. I obtained a refund and left. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone! I'm not sure that the whole "no locks on the doors" is even legal. If it is, it shouldn't be. Just down the road is a Quality Inn. It cost $10.00 more than the Knights Inn, and is worth it (believe me, it's like night and day). I can not express enough how scary and creepy this place was. Surely Knights Inn has standards??? If these are their standards, shame on them!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Wow, that's about all I can say. How anyone could even attempt to rent a room in such deplorable condition is amazing to me. I don't expect much from a 1 star, but I do expect clean and in decent repair. I have been a hotel manager for the past 11 years, and I've come to understand the complexities of maintaining a property. At no time would I EVER think of putting a room into service like this one.

First impression of the room was not good, as there were boot marks on the steel door from where someone tried to kick it in. Once I got in the room, I found a large hole in the wall that was not recent and had the insulation (fiberglass) sticking out of the hole. There was no clicker for the tv, the reception on the tv was horrible and couldn't be watched. There was a rusted metal lid for the tissue holder, but there was no tissue holder... There were water marks and stains on the walls, around the AC, and on the bureau. The lamps on the wall was hanging off the mount and was not stable. The microwave looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months and had stale food underneath it. And then the coup de gras, There were roaches on the table, behind the refrigerator, and under the microwave. When I called the front desk to tell them what I found, I was told "Uh...yeah. Well, we're not a 5 star place you know..." Needless to say I checked out immediately and went in search of a new place to stay. On my way down the street I counted 9 hookers, 5 police cars.

After I left the Knights Inn, I found a Travelodge in downtown Centroplex. Was quite nice for the price. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Tuktoyaktuk, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I stayed here two nights. The only places to eat were McDonald's and a pizza place, but the neighborhood was so sketchy we didn't want to leave our room after dark. Lots of weirdos hanging around outside the rooms. The first night, our room had a broken phone and lots of bugs, plus weird grime on stuff, so we asked for a different room the next morning. It took over an hour to get our new room, which wasn't any better -- there were still bugs, the bathroom had loose tiles, and two of our lamps didn't even have light bulbs in them. Plus weird spray-stains on the walls. At least there weren't bedbugs (we checked). The second night, our neighbors got into a very loud fight and trashed their room, breaking their window even. Police came and had an altercation with them right outside our door. This kept us awake for a long time. In the morning, very loud repairs started as early as 7... We called down to ask for a late checkout to catch up on our sleep, and the desk person hung up on us! Aaaaah. Later the manager, Louis, phoned up and was very nice, giving us the extension we needed. We still left early because this place was way too disgusting and scary. It's too bad the motel attracts such a bad crowd, and I'm not sure what they can do to change that, but they should at least clean the filth off the walls, fix the lights, etc.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
AjalManagement, General Manager at Knights Inn Orlando, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Im very sorry that during your stay you had encounterd the problems you did. And I also appologize for the discomforts you experienced. We have been working very hard to make a complete turn around here at Knights Inn. If you are ever in Orlando Fl I would personally like to extend a complimentary night for an upcoming stay if you choose to reutrn.

Lewis Belle
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

The staff was very helpfull in making my saty an enjoyable one. They kept the rooms clean and were knowledgeable about attractions and great places to dine. I plan to stay again there in my future travels.

Mark rios

• Liked — claenliness
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

I booked a room in this hotel for one night stay through Wyndham Rewards fka Trip Rewards in October 2008. I really needed to sleep well as I was attending a very intensive 2 day workshop in Orlando. I dont know where to start from when I saw the hotel. It is not in a very safe neighborhood, and yet when I reached the hotel at 10 pm, I had to wait outside for 25 mins. The room was stinking when I entered. There were roaches near the wash basin. The bedsheets and the throw had several stains. The pillow cover had holes in them. The furnitures - dressers, bedside tables had mold, The carpet was dirty and stained, and the bathroom tiles were cracked. I asked for another room, and that was in similar condition too. When I finally fell asleep at 1 am, I suddenly woke up at 3 am as my bed was shaking, the walls were shaking with loud screams and laughs from my next room. The rest of the night till 6:30 am, I was pretty much awake as people constantly left and entered their room banging their doors and shaking the nearby rooms. When I left the hotel at 7 am, I walked past a disgusting dirty towel lying in front of the room from where the screams were coming at night. I have no idea how a hotel with such standards for health and safety can still operate. Their license should be revoked and the building should be demolished.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AjalManagement, Manager at Knights Inn Orlando, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
If this was our Knights Inn Hotel we apologize for everything that you have encontered. We pride ourselves in our customer service, and superior lodging accomadations. We offer a 100% satisfaction garantee, and will gladly refund your stay if your not happy with us. Try us and see!
NE Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

Booked thru yahoo travel. Had trouble finding this place on a map, and even more trouble finding it once the driving began.

The person behind the desk was not much help and the hotel was nowhere on our GPS, either.

Room below average in comfort, loud neighborhood, generally not our most pleasant experience.

Stayed March 2008
AjalManagement, General Manager at Knights Inn Orlando, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
We Applogize for you not being able to find the hotel. If your ever in the area again we would like for you to come by and give us another chance to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. If you ever need directions or help finding us, Give us a call and we will guide you to us..

Been to Knights Inn Orlando? Share your experiences!