“Very Impressed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bluegreen Fountains Resort

You added Bluegreen Fountains Resort to your Saves list
Bluegreen Fountains Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   12400 South International Drive, Registration: 12450 S International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Ranked #123 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Very Impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

This Resort is perfect for a family...We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit (building 3) that was plenty big enough for 4 adults and 2 children. We booked this through our time share-RCI and would definately go back. The pools were warm, staff was very helpful, units and balconies were so nice. We had no issues with sheets fitting, or any other of the silly complaints.

Our unit over-looked the lake and at 10pm every night we would watch the fire works from Sea World.

It was minutes away from all Disney parks. Publix is 1 mile away. Walmart 5 min. Huge outlet mall...15 min. away (best Victoria Secret outlet! everything 14.99 and under)

I would highly recommend The Fountains to any family.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — no wireless internet access in the rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

We just returned from The Fountains where we stayed from July 29-Aug 5. Since we had never stayed at a condo before, I was very apprehensive about time share sales people and the overall quality of the rooms. Boy, were we pleasantly surprised. It was fantastic. Check-in went very smoothly. In fact, we were originally scheduled to stay in building # 6, but we asked for building # 8 since it was the newest and closest to their huge new pool area. Our request was filled without a problem.
Upon entering our 5th floor unit, we were pleased with the layout and the cleanliness of it. The kitchen and bathrooms were well stocked with incidentals. Both bedrooms were very clean as were the 2 bathrooms. We had absolutely no complaints at all with our unit. We were very pleased.
The new pool area was incredible. The kids loved it. The property has a real resort feel to it, with many activites in and around the pool. Examples of these activities are: raft races, 3 point shooting contest, fishing contests, paint your own coconut, and guitar hero contests. We received a nightly recorded message listing the next day's activities.
The guard shack at the front of the property was truly a working guard shack, since they checked EVERY car, EVERY day for complex parking passes. It made us feel very secure. While checking out, I noticed a $12. phone call listed on our bill which should have been a .50 cent local call. I brought it to the clerk's attention, and it was removed without hesitation.
Two final things: When you check in, you have to go to the condo sales desk across the room to obtain your parking pass for your vehicle. Once there, they attempt to get you to sign up for a sales presentation. I told them I would think about it, and was never bothered again. Totally harmless. Second, I had heard stories that International Drive (I-Drive) had gotten a bit run down over the years, and was concerned since the entrance to this property is off of I-Drive. It is actually listed on my GPS as International Drive SOUTH, and is NOTHING like the I-Drive I remembered in the 90's. This part of I-Drive is populated with high end condo properties only, and was very attractive.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed at the Fountains July 16-21st and from the moment we stepped onto this property we were awed. This resort is incredible. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. From the security to the activities staff we were impressed. Upon our check in we were amazed at the size of our room. Wow! The rooms were complete with everything you would need and more.

The resort grounds
Clean, impeccable and a nice display of landscaping. This resort does an incredible job of keeping the grounds in tip top shape. The lakes are of impressive size and if you have time take advantage of the paddle boats (they are shaped like swans). They also have a tennis court and several grills on site for you to grill.

The pools
Again, wow! Two large sized pools. Wakoola Springs is immense. It boasts a zero entry kiddie area for younger kids and a water slide for older kids. There are at the least 5 sections, which are large enough. Since the pool is so large you do not feel crowded and can easily swim without bumping into people. Wakoola Springs also has a rather large hot tub on site that can accommodate quite a few people.

The indoor/outdoor pool is also very large. It boasts a separate kiddie pool with a fountain. My daughter absolutely loved it. The indoor/outdoor pool has a volleyball net inside if you have an interest in playing water volleyball. Also, there is a steam room, bot tub, and pool table at this location.

The rooms
We stayed in a two bedroom villa that was equipped with a full kitchen (they had everything you would need to cook and eat off of and more). At check in you are also provided with dish detergent, paper towels, clean dish linens, and laundry detergent. Our room had two separate bathrooms, with one of the rooms having a jacuzzi in the bedroom. We had a private balcony overlooking one of the lakes and near Wakoola Springs.

Overall Impression

This resort has impeccable grounds and full array of activities for adults (happy hour, music by the pool,etc) and children alike (dancing contests, raft races, movies and pizza, karaoke, etc). If you have the time you really need to take advantage of their facilities and activities. Everyday they had scheduled activities at the pool and despite what others say, the pool did not close for the day and there were several days of severe storms. Overall, this resort will not disappoint you unless you are a someone who finds reason to complain about everything.

• Liked — The whole experience
  • Disliked — nothing not to like
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
merseyside/england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

When we booked this holiday i was dreading it as all my holidays have been ok,but the rooms,any when we arrived i fell in love with it straight away clean,modern,loads of space perfect i went with my husband and my 3 children they all loved it ,the pools were great the people were great and the food and drink were great the only disapointment was we had to come home defo going back next year

• Liked — rooms,service,people,pool,everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WestCentralGeorgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

The Fountains looked amazing. The resort looked new, a water park was being built and there were lakes on the property. The rooms were decorated nicely and were very clean. The front desk was extremely busy, but the staff was courteous and we were quickly checked-in. We were really impressed with everything we had seen so far. Like others, we're Bluegreen owners, but unlike others, we didn't receive a sales call and we weren't badgered to attend any meetings. That was great, really great.

Now for the not-so-good stuff. We were usually at an area attraction from lunch to late at night each day. Every evening after returning and putting the kids to bed, my wife and I would stay up for a while before going to bed. We'd hear the usual sounds from rooms next door, but we noticed we could understand what was being said. We made note of that and didn't think much about it until my wife went to bed.

I'm a night person so I'm usually up alone until 1:00 each morning reading, watching tv, or scanning the internet (I didn't here because of the cost). On the first night as I was reading, I could hear someone in the room above us use the bathroom - not just the flushing sound, but the sound of urine hitting water followed by the flush. Just about the time the person was finished, I heard the same thing from the room next door. This was soon followed by the same sounds from a third room above me, but to one side.

The next morning, I went to the front desk and reported this. The clerk said that they have never had that complaint before. She checked room availability, but she was not able to move us since there weren't any rooms similar in size for my family. I said that was okay and that I was just passing infomration to her.

Well, the next night, I stayed up and watched tv and the same thing happened, not from all the rooms, but only from the one next door. As I indicated earlier, this wasn't bad or an annoyance, but was kind of humorous. When we checked out, I talked with another clerk about it and he stated that others have complained about thin walls. I told him that I wasn't complaining, but just giving information.

Overall, our stay was good and we'll stay again because of the location to Disney and Seaworld, and the swimming pools, but I think I'll turn-in earlier in the evening to avoid the above scenario. I'd also recommend the Sunshine Resort, we stayed there for three nights before moving to The Fountains for three more nights.

• Liked — The many amenities on site
  • Disliked — The paper thin walls.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

From the time I arrived at The Fountains I fell in love!! When I checked in I told the lady I wanted the newest building and top floor!! She gave me both and the room was great. It was spacious and had a great view. I loved the fact that housekeeping didn't come in our room while we stayed there!! I just don't like the idea of people cleaning up after my family and I while we aren't there!! Once we got settled in the room we called and ask for directions to different places (restaurants, malls, parks). The lady printed them off and we picked them up on the way out. Yeah it is true that they close the pool when it starts lighting but they are looking out for the guests’ safety. When it's just raining or thundering outside the inside pool is still open. They have gas grill outside that is very nice and my husband loved fishing in the stocked pone. The location was very good it took about 10 minutes to get to Magic Kingdom parking lot. There are about 30 restaurants or more right down the road from the resort. Another review I have seen a lot was about the bed sheets not fitting correctly. I didn't have any problem with any of the beds. The room was very clean when I arrived and any time that I asked for something they were knocking on my door within 5 minutes. Yeah I did go to the timeshare meeting or whatever they call it and all I did was say I know my family wouldn't use it. The manager came over asked me did enjoy the Fountains so far and told the lady to sign us out so we can continue our vacation!! If I was ever to go back to Florida I would definitely stay at the Fountains!! I have stayed at many resorts and hotels but this one is definitely in my top 5!!! I would suggest this resort to anyone that is going on a vacation! Hope everyone enjoys it as much as my family and I did :-)

• Liked — The room, location, pool, and staff
  • Disliked — the shuttle doesn't run at night
Cleveland Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

The rooms were great, loved the balcony and the two seperate bed rooms. Awsome decor and living space. But don't expect to be swimming here because every threat of lightning or just a few rain drops is enough to close the pool for hours. I went with my whole family of 18 who loves a great day by the pool and night swimming after dinner. This is seemingly impossible at this hotel. We overheard the pool attendents talking about how they cant wait for it to rain so they can go watch T.V. by the closed wet bar. We would constantly call asking when the pool would reopen telling how it was sunny out. After awhile they started to shorten the time the pool would reopen in. Finaly we called the desk and they said the pools were open, so we went down ready to swim. We found the pool attendents sitting there watching soccer and they told us to leave because the pool was closed. after about 5 mins. of arguing they decided to call in and see if weather or not the pool was open and it was. Needless to say they felt like complete idots for not knowing the pool was actualy open. Another day it was slightly raining when they closed the pool and we called the front desk to ask why, they told us it was raining. We asked if that made it dangerous, they said yes. Then we asked if it was because electricity caried in rain drops they said yes exactly. HA they need to hire some smarter people or just some that speak fluent english. I loved the hotel just wish you could actualy use some of the stuff there. Take my advice, don't go during rain season (June).

• Liked — The amount of space in the rooms for a low price.
  • Disliked — The great things (pool b-ball/tennis courts) constantly being closed
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bluegreen Fountains Resort? Share your experiences!