“Loved it!,” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bluegreen Fountains Resort

Save Saved
You added Bluegreen Fountains Resort to your Saves list
Bluegreen Fountains Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   12400 South International Drive, Registration: 12450 S International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Special Offer
Orlando Stay & Play Deal
Ranked #118 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
Kissimmee, Florida
“Loved it!,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here with some friends who have a time share interest in Blue Green Resorts. The pool was amazing, probably the largest I've ever seen in a hotel. The rooms were beautiful. It had a great view of the pool. The cabana is well worth the extra money for shade and to keep your stuff in. The entertainment was nice as well. Highly recommend. Oh by the way, beautiful grounds all around the hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This was my first time staying here at The Fountains and it was fabulous! i had purchased a 249 for 2 night deal, and as expected i sat through the presentation for the 90 or so minutes. if your not interested, id suggest telling your sales rep from the begining. youll have to sit through the entire tour but theyll be more easy going with you. i checked in on memorial day weekend so as expected it was busy. so i wasnt able to get a room till check in was guaranteed at 4pm. makes sense, ive been to plenty of hotels before. the fountains is a beautiful resort, the grounds are well maintained, the activities are great! the rooms are faboulous too! i loved all associates at the front desk. the woman who checked me in was tia and she took great care of me! i was placed in building 6, brand new renovations! i loved it. family stayed in building 3 in a deluxe which was also beautiful but a little bigger of a unit. (they were owners). at check out i spoke with ariel & lisette, they were sweethearts talking with my little boys while i settled the bill for my room. overall, i had a faboulous experience at the fountains. ignore all the negative reviews! just be patient with the front desk girls and theyll take good care of you

Room Tip: building 6 is the newest building on property. building 7 and 8 are the only units with jacuzzi tubs...
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Absolutely beautiful suite! Very comfortable beds, huge shower, friendly and helpful staff. I have been to the Fountains twice but this time upgraded to the premier suite. Definitely worth it. The only comment is that the kitchen counters were not cleaned when I arrived and the unit smelled like freshed popped popcorn. The carpets likely needed to be cleaned. Wonderful, central location close to outlet malls, Disney World, Sea World, etc. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for number 10 building.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Swartz Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went in on a daily pass with family and hung out at the pools. Disappointed that the grills were charcoal and not gas, had to go back out and get supplies. But over all hanging at the pool was great. Didn't have a room or enter hotel at all. Lobby was pretty.

• Stayed May 2013
Echo Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This resort is everything it looks to be. It was an amazing experience. The grounds are beautiful. We actually got here a day early and they hooked us up with a room. We had to switch to our room the next day but hey we got the other room for free after attending an owner's update. :)

Saint Augustine, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We came for three nights (with husband, 14 year old and 5 year old) because we were offered awesome freebies if we came and sat through the big sales presentation. The presentation was supposed to be 90 minutes, BE WARNED - it is not - 2 1/2 hours later we finally had to be rude and blunt and tell them we were not interested. The people were nice but they are everywhere - you feel surrounded and outnumbered at times! Anyway, we finally got done with that and we were able to enjoy the resort... Amenities are nice but not the best - Reunion is much better. Also, it is obvious that most of the crowd/clientele is here for the deal/freebies... You can guess what I'm insinuating, sorry. Kids had fun at the pool. No decent restaurants on property. The room was clean. (We were not in the renovated building but it was fine.) Bathroom by the pool never had any soap. No wait staff at the pool - you have to wait in line for 20 minutes at the bar for a drink. Facilities are nice and they have potential.

Room Tip: Buildings 7 and 8 not renovated yet.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can't complain much about the facilities- they are actually decent from what with only a few minor complaints such as the dryer not working properly or issues with music by the pool.

The experience with the front desk was quite different. Well in advance to our arrival we discussed with the front desk our reservation and what we were expecting. At check-in the room provided to us was completely different. The notes were even in our reservation and the person who we spoke with about it was at the desk when we arrived but they were indifferent. After arguing at the desk for 2 hours they offered up a room that was somewhat closer to what we were promised.

The following day we went out to a restaurant to have my credit card declined. After calling my bank I learned the resort had put a +$20,000 hold on my card!! I went straight back to the front desk and spent almost 3 hours arguing that they did this (which they finally admitted they did) and getting them to reverse it.

The following day the front desk called our room and advised me that it was a mistake to put us in the room they did and we needed to move rooms (no simple task for a family of four that fully unpacked for an 11 day stay). I told them we were not moving and to figure something else out. Additionally, I wanted to speak with the manager. The manager made little effort to connect with me but finally via phone advised me we would be given 2 free nights, we could stay in our room but no apology.

Fast forward 3 months later and a $74 charge shows up on my credit card. I call the resort and can't get an explanation why its there. I am instructed to speak with accounting- I leave a message for accounting but nobody calls back.

The 2 nights free don't make up for the lost time on my vacation or heartburn this place gave me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bluegreen Fountains Resort? Share your experiences!