I can't complain much about the facilities- they are actually decent from what with only a few minor complaints such as the dryer not working properly or issues with music by the pool.
The experience with the front desk was quite different. Well in advance to our arrival we discussed with the front desk our reservation and what we were expecting. At check-in the room provided to us was completely different. The notes were even in our reservation and the person who we spoke with about it was at the desk when we arrived but they were indifferent. After arguing at the desk for 2 hours they offered up a room that was somewhat closer to what we were promised.
The following day we went out to a restaurant to have my credit card declined. After calling my bank I learned the resort had put a +$20,000 hold on my card!! I went straight back to the front desk and spent almost 3 hours arguing that they did this (which they finally admitted they did) and getting them to reverse it.
The following day the front desk called our room and advised me that it was a mistake to put us in the room they did and we needed to move rooms (no simple task for a family of four that fully unpacked for an 11 day stay). I told them we were not moving and to figure something else out. Additionally, I wanted to speak with the manager. The manager made little effort to connect with me but finally via phone advised me we would be given 2 free nights, we could stay in our room but no apology.
Fast forward 3 months later and a $74 charge shows up on my credit card. I call the resort and can't get an explanation why its there. I am instructed to speak with accounting- I leave a message for accounting but nobody calls back.
The 2 nights free don't make up for the lost time on my vacation or heartburn this place gave me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida