we had alread visited this resort, just to make sure it was something we liked about 3 weeks ahead of booking. we stayed there on the 5/17-5/19 on their 3 day 2 nights option for $249 BEWARE IF YOU GET THIS PACKAGE CHECK IN IS AT 4PM CHECK OUT IS AT 10AM. YOU ARE NOT EVEN GETTING 48HRS AT THE HOTEL IT IS A SCAM TO SAY 3DAYS. 3 DAYS IS 72HRS, 2 NIGHTS IS 48 HOURS. YOUR TOTAL STAY AT THE HOTEL IF YOU DONT CHECK IN EARLY IS EXACTLY 42 HOURS NOT EVEN TWO FULL DAYS
if you do the time share tour. so we requested the rooms that we were shown with a large soaking tub (building 2 or 3). when i arrived of course this room is not available and they are at "%100 capacity" sureee...Tia the front desk attendant flippantly told me those rooms are first to go as they are deeded out to bluegreen owners. thats fine but dont show them to non-owners then tell a person they are avail for request. I was then left with the option of building 7 (not renovated but jacuzzi tub) or building 5 (renovated no jacuzzi). I took building 5, then thought about it a sec as a jacuzzi or large tub was important to me and then told Tia i changed my mind. she then proceeded to loudly exclaim "I HATE YOU, NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER!!...astounded i replied i hate you too, you guys showed me rooms that i had no chance at getting then told me i could reserve them when they are given to owners first! off to room 7302 I went. the room was old. Holiday InN 1999 old. The first thing I notice are nasty white refrigerators, and box TV's. I go into the master there is a jacuzzi, nothing to get excited about it is old and dirty as well. I go into the master bathroom where a loud whirring noise is emitting from the ceiling and immediately i see a ROACH scuttle across the toilet. i grab my things and go back to the check in and speak with the manager of promotions who moves me to building 5 first floor. the room is remodeled. flat screen tvs and clean upon initial inspection. no loud noises coming from the bathroom. i settle in to a nice bath. i had bought the kids there to celebrate my sons birthday on sat. fri was just me and my BF, so we ate and really had no dealings with the kitchen. Sat however was different story. after having tons of fun at their very cool and modern waterpark. then going over to the indoor outdoor pool and playing pool and drinking $8 12oz drinks lol. we come back to the room to cook hotdogs and burgers for the kids. as i go to turn on the oven the first thing i notice is ROACH trapped in the oven display WTF....okk... we keep on trucking. next we notice a ROACH crawling up the side of the oven. by this point im covering everthing up and praying nothing gets on the cake. around midnight i go into the kitchen and count 3 more ROACHES, not including the small baby roaches that are out in gangs, one has even found his way into some old hot dog water that was left on the stove. disgusting. my bf even found a baby roach on his pants in the am. gross
the next morning upon checkout I let the manager no. he is not concerned, only cares that i am 20min late to the 10am sales presentation. so i trek over to the sales center and i let the girls at the front desk now about the roaches., then i let the salesman who was really putting on the pressure know about the roaches, he tells me to fill out a formal complaint paper which will be faxed to corportate. the sales pitch ran about 90 min. although i was 20min late so it was probably 2 hours for some people. very high pressure. i did not buy, i did get a $125 gift card (visa). sunday evening i was called by a manager and told i would be refunded 100$ of my stay because of the issue with the pest. overall this a nice resort if you dont get a roach infested room. i would probably not go back, because of this roach filled experience though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida