“Nice Property if you can deal with the ROACHES!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bluegreen Fountains Resort

Save Saved
You added Bluegreen Fountains Resort to your Saves list
Bluegreen Fountains Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   12400 South International Drive, Registration: 12450 S International Drive, Orlando, FL 32821   |
Ranked #111 of 328 hotels in Orlando
sanford
“Nice Property if you can deal with the ROACHES!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

we had alread visited this resort, just to make sure it was something we liked about 3 weeks ahead of booking. we stayed there on the 5/17-5/19 on their 3 day 2 nights option for $249 BEWARE IF YOU GET THIS PACKAGE CHECK IN IS AT 4PM CHECK OUT IS AT 10AM. YOU ARE NOT EVEN GETTING 48HRS AT THE HOTEL IT IS A SCAM TO SAY 3DAYS. 3 DAYS IS 72HRS, 2 NIGHTS IS 48 HOURS. YOUR TOTAL STAY AT THE HOTEL IF YOU DONT CHECK IN EARLY IS EXACTLY 42 HOURS NOT EVEN TWO FULL DAYS
if you do the time share tour. so we requested the rooms that we were shown with a large soaking tub (building 2 or 3). when i arrived of course this room is not available and they are at "%100 capacity" sureee...Tia the front desk attendant flippantly told me those rooms are first to go as they are deeded out to bluegreen owners. thats fine but dont show them to non-owners then tell a person they are avail for request. I was then left with the option of building 7 (not renovated but jacuzzi tub) or building 5 (renovated no jacuzzi). I took building 5, then thought about it a sec as a jacuzzi or large tub was important to me and then told Tia i changed my mind. she then proceeded to loudly exclaim "I HATE YOU, NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER!!...astounded i replied i hate you too, you guys showed me rooms that i had no chance at getting then told me i could reserve them when they are given to owners first! off to room 7302 I went. the room was old. Holiday InN 1999 old. The first thing I notice are nasty white refrigerators, and box TV's. I go into the master there is a jacuzzi, nothing to get excited about it is old and dirty as well. I go into the master bathroom where a loud whirring noise is emitting from the ceiling and immediately i see a ROACH scuttle across the toilet. i grab my things and go back to the check in and speak with the manager of promotions who moves me to building 5 first floor. the room is remodeled. flat screen tvs and clean upon initial inspection. no loud noises coming from the bathroom. i settle in to a nice bath. i had bought the kids there to celebrate my sons birthday on sat. fri was just me and my BF, so we ate and really had no dealings with the kitchen. Sat however was different story. after having tons of fun at their very cool and modern waterpark. then going over to the indoor outdoor pool and playing pool and drinking $8 12oz drinks lol. we come back to the room to cook hotdogs and burgers for the kids. as i go to turn on the oven the first thing i notice is ROACH trapped in the oven display WTF....okk... we keep on trucking. next we notice a ROACH crawling up the side of the oven. by this point im covering everthing up and praying nothing gets on the cake. around midnight i go into the kitchen and count 3 more ROACHES, not including the small baby roaches that are out in gangs, one has even found his way into some old hot dog water that was left on the stove. disgusting. my bf even found a baby roach on his pants in the am. gross
the next morning upon checkout I let the manager no. he is not concerned, only cares that i am 20min late to the 10am sales presentation. so i trek over to the sales center and i let the girls at the front desk now about the roaches., then i let the salesman who was really putting on the pressure know about the roaches, he tells me to fill out a formal complaint paper which will be faxed to corportate. the sales pitch ran about 90 min. although i was 20min late so it was probably 2 hours for some people. very high pressure. i did not buy, i did get a $125 gift card (visa). sunday evening i was called by a manager and told i would be refunded 100$ of my stay because of the issue with the pest. overall this a nice resort if you dont get a roach infested room. i would probably not go back, because of this roach filled experience though.

Room Tip: try to get building 2 or 3, try to check in early

830 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family and I just got back from a great vacation which included 4 nights/5 days at this hotel. It was the BEST! The layout of our room, which was for 4 adults and 2 kids, was PERFECT! Washer and dryer in the room was a bonus. It was very clean. Very well organized and their pool(s) were fabulous!!! We were even surprised to see turtles in the water on our way to the pool. Service was excellent and we would definately go back if the opportunity came! 5+ stars in my opinion... thanks Bluegreen for a fabulous first visit to Orlando!

Room Tip: We were in building 8 with two toddlers... it was perfect... nice and quiet :)
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Fountains Resort while our some participated at a conference at a Disney resort. Our unit was nice with great amenities. The resort itself was nice with tons of stuff to do and the location was ideal. We did attend a time share presentation and didn't buy in. The salesperson was nice, but a salesperson nonetheless. The resort staff was very nice and accommodating except for a few lapses we witnessed in their dealing with unruly tenants. On more than one occasion situations arouse where we felt the staff failed to tend to out of control partiers. Would we stay again? Maybe.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Really great condo units...very spacious...great location...timeshare deal you cant beat for the accomidations! i recommend stay here for anyone young, old, teenagers and children!!!! Im in love with this place!!!

Room Tip: Any room really they have all been renovated!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Fountains Resort and we were pleasantly surprised. We purchased a package deal and was a little skeptical. After reading several reviews on Trip Advisor, during check-in, I made sure to ask for a renovated room and building during our stay. This was the nicest resort that we have ever stayed in while visiting Orlando, FL. We stayed in Building 5 on the sixth floor. Our condo unit had 2 bedrooms one with a king size bed and the other with 2 full size beds. We had 2 bathrooms as well as a full kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and a stove. The unit also had a washer and dryer. The dining area had a huge table with 4 chairs. The living room area had a sectional sofa with a very large and nice flat screen tv mounted on the wall. Each bedroom also had a flat screen tv. The balcony was accessible from the bedroom or the living room through a door and was nicely screened in and overlooked Lake Eve. The resort offered daily activities for adults as well as children. The game room had a variety of games and activities.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here in January. We are Bluegreen owners and have had positive experiences at other resorts, including the lower-end BG Sunshine Resort in Orlando. Because of this, we expected...well, something better. There were a few issues with the room, including a broken coffee table and a moldy jacuzzi tub. These would not have been so bad if they had been tended to immediately by the staff. Perhaps it was an off day, but the staff seemed unconcerned and unwilling to take care of the issues we brought up. Finally, after many calls to the front desk, and a manager calling me a liar, they sent someone to clean the tub and fix the coffee table, telling us they could not move us to another room because they were at capacity (which I did not believe, since we saw only a few, very few people while we were there and the pool area was dead, given that this was January.) The person sent to clean the tub was there for over an hour and told us he could not get all the mold out. The manager then told us that most people do not use the tub. To which we replied, "Ẅhy, then, do you have one in the room?!" After we insisted to be moved, we got a new room after four in the afternoon. It faced the pool area, rather than the busy street as did our previous suite. At no time was there an apology or any concern shown by the staff, but the attitude was very much, "Deal with it." I am very disappointed and, after this stay, my husband and I are ready to sell our points and cease being Bluegreen Owners. I recommend that you do not fall into the BG trap and become an "owner".

Room Tip: Hereś a tip: Do not stay here. If you do, though, request for your suite to face the pool. IT is q...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed here before, and we have stayed in building 10. We have always been happy. This time we were placed in a building over by the club house, I believe building 12. The building had been remodeled, and was very clean. I enjoyed the stay, and the staff as always was friendly. Staying here is like having the best of vacation life as well as all the comforts of home.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms that I have found. Check the amenities and pick what is important to you and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bluegreen Fountains Resort? Share your experiences!