We stayed here last April during the Easter break while Orlando was having an early freak heatwave which worked out brilliant for us as the pool here is fantastic, all three of them (2 outdoor & 1 indoor). It is located on International Drive and regulalry serviced by the iRide Trolley (local tourist bus service for I Drive) which stops right outside, weekly tickets can also be purchased from reception at a 5% discount I think it was. It is close to the retail outlets on Vineland Avenue (walking distance) and a large supermarket (Publix) where you can stock up on groceries etc. It is also close to Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet and Wild (all on the iRide Trolley route). Disney can be reached by getting the 50 Lynx bus outside of Seaworld (about a 45 minute bus ride though)
Our party was made up of 5 adults and 1 child and we stayed in a two bedroom apartment which is very well equipped with 3 tv's, dvd player, washer /dryer and full working kitchen (along with a corner jacuzzi in the master bedroom, which my 5 year old loved). My only gripe was that the room decor was a bit dated but this may have been because I had seen online some of their renovated rooms which looked stunning and I was a bit peeved that we didn't get one of them despite requesting to be put in a a newly renovated building when booking, but the rest of our party thought it was fine, and if I hadn't seen pictures of the other rooms i would have thought that it was grand too.
It worked out close to €1450 for the two weeks which for six people was really good value. We booked through travelrepublic and experienced no problems with any of our booking when checking in or checking out. I have seen huge differences with what some websites charge for this accomodation so do make sure to shop around for the best price. They do try get you to sit through a sales pitch for timeshares though, but you can just say no, they are not to aggresive in this respect.
All in all this place was well worth the money we paid for it and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a self catering holiday to Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida