Stayed here in the week that included New Year's. We were in building 3 and able to see Orland and Sea World fireworks - beautiful even in the far distance - from the comfort of our screened in porch. Anyone could have seen them from the lakeside pool. There was a small but enthusiastic New Year's party on the grounds as well - at the other pool area.
The property really is beautiful and is well-kept - inside and out. There are natural ponds and a lake (rentals of paddleboats and boats and fishing gear on site). There is a partial boardwalk around the lake and also a 'pier' for nature viewing of the lake and/or fishing. We were on the lake - so we heard the birds were singing each morning and you could see tropical birds occasionally all around the freshwater ponds on the property and around the lake during the day as well.
The swimming pools were great! Lots of options for swimming and play areas (including a waterslide) for the children and teens, and more 'adult' appeal areas as well. We were able to swim, even in the cooler nights due to one of the pools (under the club house) being partially enclosed at night. The steam room there prepped us for the 'run to our rooms' after the night swim. There's a bar & grill at both pool areas. There are programs for children and adults at both pools as well. However, we (and others) were given the wrong info for a 'zumba' program from the front desk - so big frustration in getting the leader and the participants at the same pool (40 min delay).
And information from some at the front desk (customer service) and follow-through continued to be problematic throughout our stay to the point that a manager gave us a $75 room credit. Some staff were very helpful while others seemed either full of false info and misleading times re: service delivery, or, woefully ignorant of just basic tourist info - like where is the nearest bank or currency exchange. While we appreciated the gesture of the $75 credit, the loss of vacation time (in waiting around for towels, daily TV repair, soap, and being given the wrong directions, etc.) was significant each day! When the service says "Someone will be right over", we're not thinking that means 2 hours or more.
There are two computers with Internet (and printer) in the 'club house' and it was not hard to gain access - people seemed to respect the time limits. And this was good considering that Internet connection was extremely poor in our condo (and we heard this from others as well). If use of a cell phone or computer in your suite is essential, then stay elsewhere. Again, calls were made to 'customer service' and forwarded to service personnel and we waited and waited for callbacks that came erratically.
We were a family of 5 adults. There were two bedrooms in our timeshare condo and two bathrooms. The king beds were "excellent" in both bedrooms. However, the pull-out in the one bedroom was very uncomfortable (for my niece) and the livingroom couch queen pull-out was also 'springy'....so don't put any of your family with back problems on either of these. (We put the younger ones on them....still... just FYI re: really only two fantastic beds and two uncomfortable beds).
The full-kitchen was well-equipped with utensils and dishes for 6 (not 8). There's a new stove & oven, microwave, full side-by-side stainless steel fridge & freezer, large sink, dishwasher. etc. The eating area table sits 6 too (not 8 as advertized). Now, you could put the others at the kitchen bar, on bar stools, or out on the porch with those chairs and tables....but then that's not what most see as family meal seating.
It was nice to have an apartment-sized, stacked, washer and dryer. The washer was extrememly noisy in the spin cycle but both appliances did a good job...again with the repair no-show...probably something on the hummer with the washer but I can't care any more than the facility.
We would stay there again - but with lowered trust in what the front desk - or whomever answers the phone under "customer service" - ends up telling us - so we would NOT wait around for service people or towels,etc....just hope that the problem is fixed by the time we get back from enjoying our vacation. (There is a safe in each room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida