We signed up to receive this 1 week promotion for timeshare at the Fountains from a kiosk in our local Bass Pro Shop. $699 for 7 days with $175 given to us in bass pro gift cards. I was skeptical about it since it seemed too good to be true and told the salesman that I had no intention of buying. I was told my wife and I just had to attend a 90-120 minute presentation no strings attached. After coming home I googled bluegreen and read all the negative comments about their sales staff and presentation and was concerned. We booked this vacation almost a year later during peak season Dec 26-Jan 2 despite my concerns.
We stayed in building 10 (newest on the property) in a 2 bedroom condo style suite. The suite was well appointed with a full kitchen, 2 full bathrooms and laundry. Our family shared the suite with another family and all 8 of us were (4 adults and 4 kids) comfortable. This time of year we were only able to go to their outdoor pool twice as the other days were too cold, but they also have an indoor outdoor pool which we used on those days it was too cold to go outside. They had fishing, basketball and a variety of children activities which we did not do.
Overall a great spot Pros: close to shopping and parks, excellent deal for the price, great amenities, staff were friendly and the site was very clean. The only cons were: if you do not have a pool view room the parking lot is not very attractive and pool towels were not available at the pool and were left in your room (meaning you had to either launder them or get new towels each day at the reception), and the "free" wireless was useless (extremely slow).
The presentation was fine. The sales staff were pleasant, we were never taken to a back room and were met with in an open space, we never felt pressured, but the staff tried hard to make a sale.
I have heard that some people with this promo were made to stay at other resorts or stayed in old rooms. That was definitely not our experience. I think that you get a higher priority if you take the 7 day promo versus a 2-3 day promo so there is less chance of a negative experience.
It would be good value at 150-200 per night, but as a promotion for under 100 per night it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida