“Character breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

407-586-2000
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 3,263 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Character breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Shrek(DreamWorks) buffet was wonderful! Lots of good healthy choices. The children LOVED the characters.Shrek sometimes scared a few, but that added to the entertainment.LOL

Visited December 2012

uk
“Nice Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We came here to celebrate my birthday 10 of us and we had to wait a little to get in as there was a queue once seated the food is a buffet and there is plenty of choice salads breakfast cut meats hot meats roast potatoes desserts. All very well presented and good in flavour. Sunday lunch I think was around 38 dollars a head and half price for kids I think a little steep. You can get the same in the week for 20 dollars which is a great price The hotel in its self is an amazing complex with lots going on and defiantly worth a visit

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Port Orange, Florida
“A great weekend get away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We came here to get away for the weekend and this place did not disappoint! The atrium is unlike any other we have seen. They resort has all their Christmas decorations including a 54ft tree set up in the atrium. They have Christmas shows on the stage in front of the tree each night and they are a must see. Live music, light show and a lady that performs up in the air above stage which was very good. They even have an area in the atrium that has live alligators exhibit.

The on site restaurants are very good but they are expensive. The sports bar is the place to be on the weekend. They have a ton if televisions and there is two floors with a main screen so big you can see it from both floors.

The rooms were very clean and no unpleasant odors were noticed not did I see any dirt. We stayed in the St. Augustine section on the 6th floor with an atrium view. You get to see the main atrium from this section and I highly recommend this section otherwise your interior view may be of people eating like in the Key West section. No sense getting a room with an exterior view as there is really nothing to see we're the resort us located.

We made use if the in site spa and while my girlfriend thought it was just ok I loved it. Great back massage and they have have great showers you get to use for free with any service that have nine different shower heads including some built into the sides of the shower.

While it was too cold to use the pool they have two pools on site. The main one is huge but as to be expected it was over run with kids. They do have a very large adult only pool that was set up very nice with plenty if chairs, sun and shade spots as well has cabana's. they have a nice place to eat and a bar by the pool as well.

We will fit sure be back to this resort!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Wonderful service and good food in a beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Took my family to Villa de Flora for their Sunday breakfast buffet and celebrating my daughter's birthday. We were warmly welcomed and the two gentlemen that served our table were very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The restaurant is beautifully decorated like an outdoor Mediterranean restaurant in a garden setting.
There was quite an array of foods made available for breakfast, including an omelet station. The usual basic breakfast items were there, along with quiche, lox and bagles with delicious fresh smoked salmon, and fresh fruit. The omelet station made eggs (any style) to order and was the best item in the buffet in my opinion. However, a few of the buffet items were somewhat flavorless or overcooked (such as the bacon.)
We happened to be there during the "Shrek Feast" Christmas holiday promotion, and all of the character actors that visited the tables really made my kids and I feel special and welcome. The kids loved it.
Overall, the service was excellent, my family and I loved coming here and because of the great service we will definitely return in the future.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jackson, TN
“Not as good as in the past”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Seeing we use to live in FL we have eaten at the Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet many times, so before we left FL last week, I said we just had to go there for dinner. My husband and I were very disappointed with the food for the first time. They no longer have the coconut shrimp and other items on the buffet just didn't seem to have much flavor. I was thrilled to see they had a spanish dish I am very familiar with and when I scooped into it, it really was just yellow rice and some clams. Very dissapointing. Two years ago when we celebrated our 50th anniversary with a group of 26, we were all very pleased with the food. I wonder if they have changed managers. What ever it is, I hope they go back to the quality of what they served in the past.

Visited November 2012