“Thanksgiving Dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #123 of 3,233 Restaurants in Orlando
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Liberty Tree Tavern tantalizes patrons at Magic Kingdom theme park with patriotic plates including clam chowder, traditional roast turkey and pot roast, as well as salads and sandwiches.Check in at the Liberty Tree Tavern restaurant podium and rest until the town crier summons your party. Be escorted through this authentic recreation of an 18th-century American inn, then sit and enjoy a New England-inspired meal.Comprised of six comfortable rooms, Liberty Tree Tavern is furnished with colonial artifacts and provides a pleasant respite from the bustle outside.
Chicago, Illinois
“Thanksgiving Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

While the tables are wobbely and the service was less than mediocure the food was great. The meal is served family style which is awesome. They are suppossed to bring you as much as you want of whatever you want. I believe our waitress had too many tables although the restaurant was not overly busy because she was extremely slow at returning to see what we needed. The salad came first, 2 big bowls for 7 people more than enough. It took sometime for her to return with the actual entrees and when she did there definitely was not enough for 7 to even get started, she didn't judge that very well. It took an ungodly amount of time toget refills on the food as well as the drinks. We were on the dining plan, all on the same one and when she brought the bill they had us as all seperate and she seemed like she didn't want to deal with that. I'm not sure if that is why our service was so bad throughout or if it was just the waitressherself. We watched another family of 5 come and go and sing happy birthday before we even got dessert. It was just very slow for us.... I think we will give it another chance when we go back again. I don't know if I could eat thismich food during the summer months and spend the day at a park I think this may have to be my fall and winter pick. Turkey. Pork roast, beef roast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, Mac and cheese, veggies, salad, dessert and I'm sure there is more I am forgetting. Defjnitly a feast if you have good service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Indiana
“Home style!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Traveling with 9 made this place a little hard to get us all seated together so we were at two tables. Home style serving was a nice touch, but foods were NOT hot when they should have been. Very tasty, though. I felt the cost was too much - but, again, I must consider the location. Go back to it? No. I would try another place.

Visited January 2013
Juneau, Alaska
“Christmas Dinner 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place totally rocked! It was like time travel and the food was as wonderful as the service. It's so homey that even tired crying kids in the place were no distraction. We were a multi-generation family: grandmother, my husband and 2 teen girls. They all still ask to go again because it was awesome. We ate at Brown Derby, Coral Reef to name a few but the one everyone talks about still is Liberty Tree Tavern Christmas Dinner! We ate there for Christmas dinner and had the Turkey, stuffing, cranberries. It was served family style: they brought it out in lg portions appropriate to # of guests with plates for us to fill. If we wanted more of one thing or another we asked and it was brought right away with thoughtful delightful staff that looked as if straight from the colonial era. The Food was so yummy we all talk about that too still. The building was beautiful. I'd always thought how neat a place like this would be to get to see in person when seeing amazing sets for movies set in such eras. It as like a dream come true! We had the Disney dining plan that was a promotional free service that came with our vacation package so the value was spectacular! It made Christmas all the more special.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“Very good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Daughter and I had dinner here. They serve this meal quite differently than lunch. It is family style and a set menu. They bring the courses to the table and you serve yourself. Boy to they bring you a lot! It was all very well prepared, fresh, hot, delicious. Highly recommend this place for dinner. We have eaten here many times and will continue to do so. On the pricey side.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Otsego, Minnesota
“Comfort food in the middle of Magic Kingdom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food at Liberty Tree Tavern was pretty good- a bit salty, but the turkey was tender, the sides (mashed potatoes, green beans, mac n cheese) were all very good, but again a bit salty. It is nice to come with a bigger family or group since for dinner they serve the food family style. A nice change of pace from your usual burgers/ sandwiches eatery. If you're in Disney and want a bit of a change from the usual eats, try this place, a fun experience anyways, it's colonial themed and when your table is ready they call your family name and where you're from- kind of a cute idea.

Tip for dinner guests- come hungry, they give you lots of food and you can reorder as much as you'd like (we didn't because we were stuffed!) but it does come at a price so also be aware of that- I think our 5 yr old's meal costed $15.95 or something, which I think is a bit ridiculous, but that's just they way they do it I guess.

• Visited January 2013