“good enough for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
mt pleasant
“good enough for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

pretty good salad bar - great service from a fella named Roy - you get what you pay for.. we mainly wanted the salad after sweating / waiting in the parks - and for $10 tyou get a nice salad bar and a pretty decent chicken dish or chopped beef patty. nice fresh baked buns and cookies.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Valrico, Florida
“Not the ponderosa I recall as a child”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This ponderosa was easy for our family of 6 to locate. We expected a decent meal. We also chose the salad bar-food bar option. It was lackluster, very basic, simple buffet food. Lukewarm, and visually unappealing. I was disappointed in the place overall. I did not expect a top quality meal at the price charged, but this totally disappointed me.

Visited July 2013
Rochester, Massachusetts
“Good, but not great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I guess my mistake was ordering fish at a steakhouse. My friend ordered grilled steak tips with mushrooms, but she thought the meat had a look like it had been steamed, not grilled. Neither one of us finished our meat. The salad bar and dessert bar were good. Next time I would only pay for the salad bar, I would still walk away with my belly full, no need for a meat option, which costs more. We enjoyed a glass of wine for $3.99, which was the best price we had paid all week in Orlando.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gorleston
“Great Food - Great Price and Clean!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a couple of meals in the Ponderosas in Orlando. They are clean and have a wide variety of choice. You pay for a main and the sides and deserts are in the price. The steaks we had were super and one of the best I've had abroad. The jacket potatoes were also beautiful. The children could eat and try what they wanted which was a bonus. The only downside is that the bill doesn't include gratuities and they can be expected to receive 15-20% which is way over the top for the service received considering it's self service. For six of us we gave a 10$ tip which I thought was more than enough. We would definitely eat at the Ponderosas again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“Ponderosa just does not measure up to Golden Corral”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

for the same price you can get a much better selection at Golden Corral and have a choice of meats to eat. left much to be desired. and the food they had wasn't that great. The only good thing we could say was the service was good and at least it wasn't crowded. this used to be a good chain, but quality has dropped over the years. they need to up their game if they want to stay in it.

Visited June 2013