“Delicious Meal, Friendly Staff, Great Escape From the Heat or in our Case, the Rain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Bongo's Disco Bar & Grill

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

We decided to head to Downtown Disney to walk around and find something to eat. It was the one day of our trip when the rain was an issue. After waiting for the last downpour, we got out of car and walked into Downtown Disney and the first restaurant we saw was Bongo's. We figured, that since it was still drizzling a little, lets eat first and maybe the rain will be gone when we finished our lunch. To our delight, it was a perfect course of action.
The restaurant was quiet, a few kids screaming but that is expected in Disney, however, it was not crowded.
The waitress was very nice but it took forever to get a refill on our soda and ice tea which was really the only problem we encountered wile visiting this establishment.
One guest ordered the black bean soup. It was mild and lacked any seasoning. It was good, nothing wrong with it, but I like my black bean soup jazzed up a little. If you like it bland, then this is your soup.
Another guest ordered the triple meat burger, it had a name but I forget. I did not taste it, but she loved it. She raved about it the next day too. The fried plantain chips that came with the meal were nothing special. We all tried them and agreed, don't waste the calories.
I ordered the Bongo Combo. It was $21 and is meant as an appetizer for two people. I thought my friend who just ordered soup would help out but he didn't. I could not finish the dish and brought it back to the resort where it was devoured the next day. The food on the combo was good, especially the pork and onions. I think I would pass on the combo next time but it was a great way to sample all of the items and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indiana
“Black bean soup and Peekay is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

Stopped by the restaurant around 2 pm during the middle of May while visiting Disney. The place was not very crowded due to the time of day. Had the black bean soup which was excellent -- I also had the marinated pork as an appetizer -- the waiter asked if I wanted their own hot sauce which was pronounced peekay -- it was Very hot but awesome! Had their specialty, roast chicken, it was good but just a little dry.

Austin
“Disappointing meal at Downtown Disneys Bongo's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

Our final night at Disneyworld we chose Bongo's Cuban restaurant at Downtown Disney. The service was slow and poor, the ceviche and Catch of the Day fish dish were both bland and even the martini needed to be redone. Very disappointing. Not a good example of the usual Disney sit-down restaurant fare. We do not recommend.