“Purple Haze and jumbo combo appetizer!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Universal CityWalk, 6050 Universal Studios Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)
1-407-351-7625
Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 3,095 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Neighborhood: Florida Center
Georgia
“Purple Haze and jumbo combo appetizer!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were here on vacation and wanted to try it as some in our party had never been to a Hard Rock. We had a 45 minute wait so we sat at the bar and the bartender recommended the purple haze drink. It was really good, as was the Southern Rock. When we were seated, we were treated to great rock music and performance of YMCA by the servers...fun. My daughter and I split the jumbo combo appetizer for dinner and couldn't finish it. The eggs rolls were awesome! I would definitely recommend this!

Kyle Y, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you were there during the YMCA. It’s always a good time.

81% Recommend
Troon, United Kingdom
“You are just a number!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Now this a review of my experience at the hard rock, and the reason for me creating a tripadvisor account. This is the worlds largest hard rock, and believe me you are treated like just another digit on the tick list of the day. We were taken care of by James F at table 54, this was on our ticket while we waited on our table. Upon sitting down, James introduced himself and we placed our drinks order, a beer, a wine, 2 waters, simple no??? Not in the hard rock, we waited 45 mins for our water, the beer and wine arrived but James was too busy to come back to realise we had no water, so we thought, in actual fact James then explained he hadn't brought the water because the largest hard rock on earth didn't have enough water glasses and our 2 glasses were just out the dishwasher and if icey cold water was poured in our glasses they would have cracked. Luckily the glasses reached ambient temperature after an hour and water followed. We then placed our "app" order, but were undecided on our mains. During the wait we were offered a lovely photograph of ourselves half in front of a hard rock sign with the top of our heads chopped off, we declined to purchase which was met with disgust from the photographer. Our "app" then arrived piping hot and no concerns, we asked James if we could place our main order, this was done, luckily James has a built in pad and pen between his ears so no need to write anything down, what could go wrong? After a total of 2 hours we received our mains, but James' built in notepad must have skipped a page and the wrong burger arrived with a steak cooked all wrong. To which James immediately realised by the look on his face but them told us that it was correct, I'm pretty sure the red, white and blue burger doesn't have guacamole on it but James knew better than the menu, lucky us. After all this was over and seeing James 3 times during the meal, in 2 hours we were only offered new drinks once (the drinks menu in this place has no prices btw, could be $1 a beer could be $100, who knows), we decided enough was enough and wanted to head away.
Now I'm going to take this point to point out that I firmly believe in a 20% tip at all times regardless of how big the bill, and never in my time in any restaurant, in any state has it been demanded by a waiter, but James decided to tell us and circle the bill to make us aware of his skills. Thanks James.
We were only 2 people, the food was edible, we were treated terribly, but who cares, plenty more fish on the universal city walk!

Visited June 2013
Joe_Lester_AGM_HRC, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for making us aware of your experience with us. I am very sorry that we disappointed you so badly. We would love to follow up with you about this. If you would please contact our Customer Care team at www.hardrock.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Medina
“Very good but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Food was very good. Service very nice. Prices were high. Was close to both Universal parks and located inside City Walk's stores.

Kyle Y, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent visit to our Hard Rock Café Orlando! See you next time.
“Cool place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I went for dinner when we were in Orlando for the weekend. Cool place with all the stuff on the walls for you to look at, and the food was pretty good also.

Kyle Y, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for visiting us here at the world’s largest Hard Rock Café!
“Pricey but good food and cool memorabilia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am a 16 year old girl who is a big fan of classic rock...so of course I liked this place! I loved seeing all the pictures of my favorite bands. The environment was very nice; when i went 2 days ago they were celebrating that they opened in 1971 on that day, so the workers were dressed as hippies!

However, I think the food is overpriced. I ordered a chicken/bacon sandwich ($14) and it was a bit burnt and hard. Their nachos were really good though. I recommend this place!! I will travel to different Hard Rock cafes once i'm older :)

Kyle Y, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m glad you were able to celebrate our anniversary with us!