“Ok, but not worth it” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #549 of 3,167 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: The Plaza Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Theme Park takes you back to Victorian America with accented mirrors, art nouveau art and turn-of-the-20th-century flourishes.The menu at The Plaza Restaurant contains timeless lunch and dinner classics, such as grilled deli-style sandwiches, burgers, hearty salads and hand-dipped ice cream fountain favorites.
Pittsburgh
“Ok, but not worth it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ate lunch at the Plaza with 4 adults and 2 young kids. The restaurant was not crowded, yet the service was VERY slow! It took forever to get our meals, which made it really difficult with small kids. The food was just average, with no one raving about it. We sent back one of the kid's meals - grilled chicken fingers and couscous - because the chicken was so dry that it was inedible. The server was very nice about it and brought out a cheeseburger instead.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Macomb, Michigan
“Great food and customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We enjoyed the Plaza restaurant and will probably go back again. The food was very good and our waitress was nice and attentive. There is a good variety on the menu, so there is something for everyone. I am only giving the restaurant 4 stars, however, because of the check-in process. Although there were were three employees at the check-in podium, they were all helping one customer. The customer had endless questions and I couldn't understand why the other two employees weren't checking in other people. In the meantime, the check-in line became very backed up. In fact, another Disney employee, acting as the Town Street mayor, went through the line to ask who had a reservation, then informed people they were booked solid throughout the day. I was probably in line for 10 minutes before I reached the podium to check in. The employee rushed through the process (even though she took more than enough time to assist other customers). When I asked her how long the wait would be, she said they were backed up and it would be awhile. She handed me a buzzer and suggested that I take a seat. When my DM and DS and I went to find a seat, the buzzer went off within a minute of waiting which we thought very strange. In any case, if the check-in process was any indication of how the meal would be, we would have run the other direction. Maybe they were having a bad day, but it seemed very disorganized and not managed well. Thankfully, the food and waitstaff were excellent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
austin
“Good view of Castle”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice place with castle view, however that is where it stopped. Service was adequate. Waitress acted put off that we were not on the dining plan. Ordered one cheese burger that was presented without cheese. A Reuben sandwich on tasteless marble rye. Corned beef tasted like a hot dog….very weird. Club sandwich was good. Next time we will save time and money and go to Cosmic Rays.

Visited February 2013
“Great lunch food, bad service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Plaza is great for lunch at the Magic Kingdom! The Reuben is absolutely delicious. My husband did not like the meatloaf at all, said it tasted frozen, so I would stick to the sandwiches, which all looked great. It is attached to the ice cream parlor so the desserts are not to be missed. It's a great way to get ice cream and be able to enjoy it inside. The mayor, or a towns person comes in and gives a free dessert to the 100th costumer of the day, which is entertaining. The service we had was poor, I was done my ice cream before my husband got his milkshake. We had to ask several times for the same things. Overall, it is a great spot to have a good lunch inside at the park.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Disney Flop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had supper for my sons 10th birthday their this weekend. Despite it being a reservation sit down restaurant and Disney the food was counter quality with a higher price. It was time for the fireworks so I asked for a table by the window as it was a birthday dinner but was ushered to another. I asked again, seeing vacant tables by the window and disgruntedly told to go back outside and they would do something. They then brought us to a windowed table. Served on paper plates. Birthdays are no longer celebrated even though I confirmed that I would get a celebratory cupcake or somethng when I made the reservation through disney hospitality at the front of the park. The bakery in the park has been closed to build a coffee shop and the waitress said that is why they no longer do something for birthdays. Three tables around me came for the same reason and were all disappointed. It was a big topic of conversation. I went and complained to hospitality staff afterwaqrd (payying these kind of prices for paper plates and no service) and was comped a "treat: at the confectionary.

Visited February 2013