“Good food and enjoyable time at Restaurant Marrakesh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Marrakesh

Restaurant Marrakesh
Morocco Pavilion, EPCOT Center, Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL 32830 (Walt Disney World Resort)
407-939-3463; 407-827-5330
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
New York City, New York
“Good food and enjoyable time at Restaurant Marrakesh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My friends and I decided to try one of the more exotic food options available at Epcot and thought Moroccan food sounded fun and different. I could not be glad we chose Restaurant Marrakesh and have had some serious cravings for the Lemon Chicken dish I had ever since we went. We'd made reservations so we were seated at our table almost immediately. We had a great table right near the dance floor which was great because the belly dancer and band were performing. The one issue I had with being so close to the band was that it was difficult to hold conversation with my friends because it was so loud. We ordered our food and it came pretty quickly. My chicken dish was a really good portion as well. Everyone seemed to enjoy what they had- some of my friends also had teas with their meals which they enjoyed. It was an enjoyable night and a quick meal (though not rushed).
In terms of location the restaurant is all the way in the back of 'Morocco' so you have to walk through some 'Moroccan alleys' to get there which almost makes it feel more authentic.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

74% Recommend
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The highlight of our week-long trip to the Disney parks.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

It's not often that I find a restaurant that I'm willing to brag about, but Restaurant Marrakesh is the exception. We'd make reservations for this place in advance of our trip to Epcot, and were looking forward to the experience. The architecture of the building is authentic, and the interior decorations, furnishings and tile-work are exceptional. You'll feel like you're in Morocco. While eating our fabulous goat cheese and crispy bread appetizer, we were entertained with the live music and Moroccan dancer. She even recruited some younger guests to do a little dancing with her. The entrees were wonderful and full-bodied, definitely living up to their billing. The baklava variety plate topped off the perfect meal. The staff is all-Moroccan...very helpful and willing to answer any questions you may have. If you've never tried Moroccan food, or if you're just looking for something beyond the ordinary, look no further!

• Visited June 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Great stmosphere, but not the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I have a new found liking for Middle Eastern food. On my last trip to Disney I had a reservation for Restaurant Marrakesh. We decided to eat about an hour before our reservation and had no trouble getting seated immediately.

The service was great, and our server helped with any indecision we had in ordering and was quick to bring the food. The atmosphere is fantastic. Not only is the restaurant in the Morocco section of Epcot, but it's towards the back. Therefore, between the Moroccan section and the restaurant's setup, you really get the feeling you're in Morocco.

The food unfortunately didn't live up to my expectations. There were several new items I had never tried before, but overall the food was fairly basic and lacking in any ingenuity. It would have been acceptable if not for the really high pricing. At $110 for the two of us, I expect a bit more from the food.

I will continue to eat in Morocco at Epcot, but it may be a while before returning to this one particular venue.

For further detail on the food I ordered, with photos, see my photo page here:
About 2/3 down the page.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Authentic cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Restaurant Marrakesh was definitely worth the stop. The food was delicious, if a bit on the expensive side. Several vegetarian options. The baklava for the dessert was excellent, but the other two options were kind of bad. The band and the belly dancer were entertaining, and the wait staff were some of the most friendly in the park.

• Visited February 2013
Glendale, California
“Great for vegetarians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's hard to find non meat options in the parks. But this place delivers. Thank heavens. I loved the belly dancing and music, the food was really very good and the atmosphere was perfect.

Visited May 2013