“Very Good Gumbo and Jambalaya” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #454 of 3,095 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: "Boatwright's Dining Hall is a Southern, shipyard-themed casual restaurant serving dinner at Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside. It's a shipbuilder's paradise parked alongside the Sassagoula River that winds through the resort.This restored boat-construction warehouse features the large wooden hull of a fishing boat suspended from the ceiling, from which dangle rustic, rope-strung lanterns. Fantastic shipbuilding tools and artifacts adorn the high walls, while shop rags are used as napkins and tool boxes contain salt shakers. Fireplaces keep the vibe and the interior quite cozy.This popular table-service restaurant features Southern-style cuisine as well as American dishes imbued with the South. Savory entrees such as jambalaya and blackened red snapper, and more traditional fare like prime rib, pasta with shrimp and filet mignon, grace dinner plates. Southern sides and pecan pie round out the dining experience.A children's menu is available for dinner.
Dayton, Ohio
“Very Good Gumbo and Jambalaya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed in French Quarter side, so just walked to this restaurant on the Riverside end. Thanks to Tripadvisor reviews, we decided to try this restaurant. Unlike restaurants in Downtown Disney or any other theme parks, this place was more relaxed. I ordered a gumbo and regular jambalaya. My wife had vegetarian jambalaya. Gumbo was great. my jambalaya was somewhat dry and not too hot (temperature wise). I wish I ordered vegetarian jambalaya. My wife's jambalaya was moist and tasty. Cornbread was very large and tasty as well. We also ordered a pecan pie, but it was okay. Nothing special. Anyhow, if anyone is wanting some cajun cooking, I recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

73% Recommend
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Good start to the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our family ate here after checking in to the resort. We had the prime rib and the pork chop. The kids had burgers. For dessert we shared the bananas foster and the bread pudding. Our meal was really good. The bread pudding was better than the bananas foster. The service was excellent, but it wasn't all that busy either. True Disney prices apply here so make sure you are on the dining plan!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Duck River, TN
“okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We road the ferry boat from our resort to Riverside. The last two times we stayed with Port Orleans French Quarter we never made it to here and always wanted to go. It was okay sort of a busy time at dinner so service was a little slower. Husband loved his appetizer and said gumbo was okay. I had the steak which was a nice cut of meat and cooked to my liking - medium. It just didn't have any flavor -told because I asked to leave off the balsamic vinegar which I do not like. Oh well.

Visited June 2013
“Great creole flare!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Food is great. Service is wonderful. Dessert it amazing!! I ordered the jambalaya. It was very good. Great atmosphere!

• Visited May 2013
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Great dinner! One of our better Disney Dining experiences! Underrated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Boatwright's is extremely underrated! We had one of our best Disney Dining experiences here. Our waitress was courteous and efficient. She brought plenty of corn bread...yum! I enjoyed the blackened fish (mahi mahi that night), and my wife had the shrimp pasta. Both had a Cajun flair to fit with the theme of the restaurant/resort. We really enjoyed the spiciness! For dessert, the pecan pie was great (a very large piece!), and my wife took the chocolate cake to go. We highly recommend this restaurant. It was so great to be able to enjoy a nice meal at our resort after a long day at the park!

• Visited May 2013