“Delicious Colombian Cuisine at a reasonable price, but be prepared to wait” 4 of 5 stars
Review of OH Que Bueno Restaurant

Cuisines: Colombian, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious Colombian Cuisine at a reasonable price, but be prepared to wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The restaurant has several different seating experiences, you can sit outside in the back patio if weather permits, inside the main restaurant portion or in the section where the bar is depending on what your looking for. Most of the dishes available come in very large portions and are reasonably priced for what your getting. Try the Bandeja Paisa which contains steak, egg, rice n beans, plantains, chorizo and even fried pork with an arepa on the side. They have a variety of natural fruit juices that when combined with milk make for a tasty milk shake!.

The only drawback is the service is underperforming vs other similar restaurants like the peruvian ceviche house next door. The waitresses take there sweet time in everything they do. The strange part is that there is plenty of staff at all hours of the day but most of the time they are found sitting behind the kitchen/bar chatting with each other instead of checking on their tables.

Great food and ok service can lead to a mixed bag of experiences, but I would definitely try this place out at least once if your in the semoran and lake underhill area.

• Visited June 2012

83% Recommend
Orlando
“Big portions, reasonable prices, nice scenery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The food tastes great, the portions are HUGE, the prices are reasonable and the waitresses are pretty. The only thing I didn't think was excellent is that the food didn't come out from the kitchen too quickly......

Visited May 2012
Isle of Wight
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Dropped in by chance and got a great table. Excellent food and service. Ask the waitresses for dvice and they are really helpful. Good atmosphere.
We will be going back

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
FL
“Good place for colombian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This place will be very crowded most of the time during weekends so if you go you should be ready to wait. I was part of a large group when I went so we had called ahead. Even though I understand that large groups have to wait even longer, I do not understand why it took so long for us to get something to drink. And even though we had all ordered our meal at the same time we ordered our drinks it took way to long for us to get any food. Latin restaurants will usually give you warm bread as a courtesy while waiting but that did not happen here.
The menu had plenty of variety but not many pictures. There were many drinks to choose from as well. If you choose a fruit juice, they will let you choose between water or milk to mix it with. I selected guanabana fruit it's called soursop I personally love it. Mixed with water is more refreshing than mixed with milk. Maracuya it's another good flavor, very popular, it's passion fruit. The server was happy to answer questions.

When we finally got our food everything looked nice except for someone at the table that got something he didn't order due to a misunderstanding between him and the server. Even though he calmly said this was not what he ordered, the server did not like that at all and she started going back and forth with him about: "No, this IS what you said" She wanted to make him eat something not even close to what he ordered. She later brought what he had ordered in the first place and apologized.

As to my food, it was cold and was not what I expected but it was not bad. It was called "churrasco marinero" it's a piece of steak covered in seafood. Everybody's portion was more than enough and mostly all plates had a side of salad with rice or any other side like fried yuca (cassava), sweet plantains, etc My husband loves the Bandeja Paisa except for the blood sausage, (my husband doesn't eat blood sausage).

It would've been better if they were a little faster and also we were seated next to some kind of party that were very loud, so it would be better if they had a private room for private parties.

• Visited May 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good fresh food, exotic to me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had never previously eaten Colombian food, and have now had two really good meals at Oh! Que Bueno. The name is a little to cutesy, but the service and food are excellent. I don't speak Spanish either and both times asked the waitress for recommendations. The first time I was alone and the waitress was friendly and checked in to see how I liked my meal. The second time, I was with a group. We clearly enjoyed our food and beer, so still friendly but not as much checking in.

Tips:
-The parking lot is small and easier to enter from north bound Semoran than from south bound. Just be patient.
-The restaurant is very popular, but there are usually tables. If you have a group, be prepared to potentially wait a little while.
-Most plates come with beans, rice, a traditional corn cake, fresh large soft avocado, and a fried pork skin. That last one sounds like Andrew Zimmern & Bizarre Foods, but it's like chewy bacon.
-Entrees quantities are large.
-The grilled items are all excellent--steak, pork in many varieties, and chicken. Whoever works Oh Que Bueno's grill knows what they are doing.
-The food is not spicy. If you want spice, they can bring you some including a homemade green hot sauce that is delicious hell.
-I think the website for the restaurant is offline. But at least as of this week it was open and hopping.

• Visited April 2012