“a wee bit of Ireland in orlando” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,054 of 3,118 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Irish, British
Orlando, Florida
“a wee bit of Ireland in orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I am lucky enough to live close to the pub - I know people who travel from all over to come to this pub. If you're looking for modern, shiny, wide open space or the most modern fads in cuisine then this isn't for you. This, my friends is step back to the old world. I've been in and around Orlando for several decades and this place is the closest place I could find to the pubs in England and Ireland. The pace is slow and casual, you will think you've just stepped in off the streets of Kilkenny or Limerick into this quiet unassuming pub. The food is great, the owners and operators are from Ireland. Like their countrymen, they are friendly, welcoming and just fun to be around.
I don't mind if the prices may be slightly more than some other places. It is just worth it for the best pints and Irish food in town. There is nothing like it that I have found this side of the pond.

90% Recommend
Toronto, Canada
“great pies!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

This slow-down-or-you'll-miss-it hole in the wall is quaint in a reasonably authentic way. The place is seemingly always packed but that could just be because it's so small. My English husband and I went there a couple times for the pints but he wasn't all that impressed by the price of the pints considering the cider (Magners the last time we were there) was flat out of the tap.

The pies are phenomenal, though. there are only 3 types and are all homemade. the menu is highly limited (hope you like pie!) but if you don't mind paying above-market price for a pint, then it's not a bad place to spend a few hours.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando
“Best Pub in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

This is the best place in Orlando to have a drink and talk with friends...many different types of beers. The Strongbow cider is what I prefer to drink. All food is handmade by the owners, contrary to a recent post the Pub does NOT serve salads so I do wonder what place he went to. I go several times a week, sometimes just to meet up with my friends..Pies average around 7.99, scotch eggs are a must, around $4....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando,FL
“Best Pub Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

I've been going to the Claddagh Cottage for about a year now... it has an authentic, homey,addicting quality! Once you go there, if a real irish pub is what you're looking for, you'll def. be back again! Not only is it family owned by some really great people & has a really awesome staff but the customers are welcoming as well! I actually met my boyfriend there on my 2nd visit... so the Pub has a special place in my heart because it's where I met him & where we had our 1st kiss! If you are anywhere near on St. Patty's day you should def stop in!! Good times are always in store at the pub!! :-)

Muncie, IN
“A true neighborhood pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

Many places try to pass themselves off as Irish – one chain in particular stands out – but this place is the real deal. It's not easy to get to if you are a tourist, but certainlyworth the effort.

A family-owned pub, Jimmy & Kathy Mulvaney pour the best Guinness in town and serve excellent food. The bar staff is a veteran crew of close friends and family.

The mood is very laid back, a "kick back and relax" sort of place, so don't get in a bunch if takes a few minutes to get a drink, or if something on the menu isn't available.

The Cottage also offers boards for steel darts, which is a rarity more and more, these days. If you don't have a set, don't fret. You can buy dart sets and supplies, or Lucinda keeps a set of "loaners" behind the bar that you can borrow.

It is one of my favorite places to go in Orlando. You should try it.