“Orlando's Best Irish Pub!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,058 of 3,116 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Irish, British
florida
“Orlando's Best Irish Pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Finally made it to this fantastic pub that has been in my neighborhood for almost 2 decades! So sorry I didn't come in sooner. The Guinness is expertly poured and delicious! Enjoyed a scotch egg and the steak and mushroom pie! The pastry was flaky and perfectly browned on the pie. The gravy holding the steak and mushrooms was thick hearty and tasted like Guinness may have been used! Nice big slices of mushroom and chunks of melt in your mouth steak. The scotch egg was spicy and delectable! The atmosphere is what I would expect an Irish Pub to look like. In fact I felt like I wasn't in Orlando anymore while I was there. Service is casual and friendly. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“a wee bit of Ireland in orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I am lucky enough to live close to the pub - I know people who travel from all over to come to this pub. If you're looking for modern, shiny, wide open space or the most modern fads in cuisine then this isn't for you. This, my friends is step back to the old world. I've been in and around Orlando for several decades and this place is the closest place I could find to the pubs in England and Ireland. The pace is slow and casual, you will think you've just stepped in off the streets of Kilkenny or Limerick into this quiet unassuming pub. The food is great, the owners and operators are from Ireland. Like their countrymen, they are friendly, welcoming and just fun to be around.
I don't mind if the prices may be slightly more than some other places. It is just worth it for the best pints and Irish food in town. There is nothing like it that I have found this side of the pond.

Toronto, Canada
“great pies!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

This slow-down-or-you'll-miss-it hole in the wall is quaint in a reasonably authentic way. The place is seemingly always packed but that could just be because it's so small. My English husband and I went there a couple times for the pints but he wasn't all that impressed by the price of the pints considering the cider (Magners the last time we were there) was flat out of the tap.

The pies are phenomenal, though. there are only 3 types and are all homemade. the menu is highly limited (hope you like pie!) but if you don't mind paying above-market price for a pint, then it's not a bad place to spend a few hours.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando
“Best Pub in Orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

This is the best place in Orlando to have a drink and talk with friends...many different types of beers. The Strongbow cider is what I prefer to drink. All food is handmade by the owners, contrary to a recent post the Pub does NOT serve salads so I do wonder what place he went to. I go several times a week, sometimes just to meet up with my friends..Pies average around 7.99, scotch eggs are a must, around $4....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando,FL
“Best Pub Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

I've been going to the Claddagh Cottage for about a year now... it has an authentic, homey,addicting quality! Once you go there, if a real irish pub is what you're looking for, you'll def. be back again! Not only is it family owned by some really great people & has a really awesome staff but the customers are welcoming as well! I actually met my boyfriend there on my 2nd visit... so the Pub has a special place in my heart because it's where I met him & where we had our 1st kiss! If you are anywhere near on St. Patty's day you should def stop in!! Good times are always in store at the pub!! :-)