“Upbeat Service, but Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Upbeat Service, but Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

There were 6 in our party. After some discussion, we ended up at a beef house. Every seafood item was deep fried, which I didn't want, so I ordered ribs. They were tender and flavorful, but not as hot temperature-wise as I would have liked. The other food on the plate was hot and fresh. Everybody else seemed to enjoy their food (mostly hamburgers). It was a bit noisy in the restaurant, even though it was Sunday night.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Cornwall
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Each time we visit the US we are astounded by the quality of the servers in almost every restaurant we go in UK staff should be ashamed of themselves and we are never reluctant to pay 20%tips. Santa Fee is a good value place with decent enough food, bit of a chain but the kids are very well looked after and that makes all the difference for us. And who doesn't like chucking peanut shells on the floor! Bit of advice though, don't order the dirt pie it is foul!

Visited November 2012
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“perfect steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

quite a new restaurant that we only found because of traffic. A nice friendly reception when you enter the restaurant. It did get very very busy between 6.00 and 9.00 but the wait was worth it. during the busy time service can get a little strained but that was the same in all places. We ate in here about 6 times, each server was friendly and chatty with us and enjoyed a little banter. Food was excellent, The chefs did my steak perfect everytime and for once my wife never complained. We liked the peanuts but found it awkward to throw the shells onto the floor so we used to put the in the read basket. Beer was ice cold and I had sports on the screen.Just heaven. We will return without a doubt. It could do with a little music to help the atmosphere sometimes

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hartford CT
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was a great place to eat, had really good service, food was great and priced well! Had a combo that you share with steak, ribs, and chicken came hot and was very good. There was enough for both my husband and I even had leftovers. Would highly recommend.

Visited April 2013
Chicago
“Santa Fe Ka-put”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very disappointing. Our server was nice but expedition was slow on everything. Our bread basket was brought out with our main dishes if that tells you something. Our ketchup bottle was totally empty. If you are setting the table for the evening rush during spring break wouldn't you check to make sure condiments on the table were filled? My husband and I ordered our steaks medium. Mine was rare (can't remember the name but know it was marinated in Jack Daniels) and my husbands (the ribeye) was medium well. Luckily we switched plates. My kids did like eating nuts and being able to throw the shells on the floor. We couldn't wait to get home.

• Visited March 2013