“Very nice buffet” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #179 of 3,178 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resort offers all-you-care-to-eat buffets at breakfast and dinner in a lively, beach-themed restaurant.Character Dining at BreakfastStart your day with Goofy and friends at the Beach Club Breakfast Buffet! During this Disney Character Dining experience, delight in a variety of breakfast favorites, including Mickey Waffles, a fresh fruit and yogurt bar, fresh-baked pastries and other favorites.Seafood Buffet at DinnerIn the evening, feast on a seafood buffet that includes crab legs, mussels and clams freshly steamed center stage, as well as a tantalizing selection of non-seafood dishes such as carved meats, ribs, chicken, seasonal seafood salads and pastas.As you dine, enjoy the nostalgic New England decor and seaside setting of Disney's Beach Club Resort.
Staten Island, New York, United States
“Very nice buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We had 5pm reservations therefore we sat and ate right away The food was plentiful and very good. I generally don't like buffets but this was fine. The crab legs were good and the seafood paella was better than expected. We were on the Disney dining plan and this was one of the better restaurants we tried.

Birmingham
“Half a step above Golden Corral”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were so looking forward to a seafood buffet including crab legs. We arranged our table through Disney Dining Reservations weeks ahead for our extended family. Upon our arrival, the host was unable to seat us together because we had two reservation numbers. We were finally seated half an hour late and were told we could not abandon our reservation because it had been credit card guaranteed with a sizable penalty. We were a captured audience.
The crab legs were decent but the rest of the spread was barely better than Golden Corral back home. We'll not return to this restaurant. The Snooty host, pricey uninspiring food and late seating ruined it for us.

CT
“Great Buffet!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at Disney for 4 days and we felt this was our best meal. It was busy but the food was always kept fresh. The king crab legs were great and my daughters friend loved the salmon. For the non seafood lover there were plenty of options including prime rib which was tender and great tasting.
Because your at DW there is always something special that can happen and our waiter made it happen. I travelled with two teenage girls, so as we were ready to leave a family from Wales sat down next to us with two teenage boys. The waiter made the boys sit next to the girls and have their picture taken. It was funny and made the dinner very memorable.

Visited July 2014
“Good selections and good service. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is a buffet with carved beef, roasted chicken and seafood. A lot of seafood, such as baked fish, crab legs, fried clam strips, steamed mussels and calamari.

The hand carved beef was perfectly cooked and very juicy. Great flavor. The roasted chicken was very, very good.

There are quite a bit of sides offered, such as steamed green beans, asparagus, roasted potatoes, mashed (thankfully, not whipped) potatoes and more.

There are a good variety of salad options as well as cheeses too.

There are roasted chicken legs and Mac & Cheese for the kids.

There are cookies & brownies for dessert, but there are "premium" desserts as well. The premium desserts come as bite-size and were all good. The best was the mini Flour-less Chocolate Cake (I know. I was surprised too.) and the second was the Strawberry Shortcake in shot glass. The others were a Boston Creme Pie bite, a mini-Caramel Flan with berries and a mini Pistachio Cheesecake.

This was a really good meal (5 plates + dessert plate) to me. I liked the variety and the freshness. Nothing was old or cold as it didn't last long enough and was constantly being replenished.

My server, Patsy, was very friendly and checked on me often. She never hovered, but there was never a dirty plate on my table when I returned.

I recommend this to anyone who likes seafood or comfort food. I especially recommend this to a group that has a lot of individual tastes or likes.

New York City, New York
“Breakfast great, dinner not great ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Came here for the character breakfast buffet with my family and I loved it. Great selections, and very delicious. Fun meeting the characters too.

Dinner buffet here is a different story. I did not think they had enough options. And the items I received were not very good. I wouldn't return for dinner.