“Happy accident” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resort offers all-you-care-to-eat buffets at breakfast and dinner in a lively, beach-themed restaurant.Character Dining at BreakfastStart your day with Goofy and friends at the Beach Club Breakfast Buffet! During this Disney Character Dining experience, delight in a variety of breakfast favorites, including Mickey Waffles, a fresh fruit and yogurt bar, fresh-baked pastries and other favorites.Seafood Buffet at DinnerIn the evening, feast on a seafood buffet that includes crab legs, mussels and clams freshly steamed center stage, as well as a tantalizing selection of non-seafood dishes such as carved meats, ribs, chicken, seasonal seafood salads and pastas.As you dine, enjoy the nostalgic New England decor and seaside setting of Disney's Beach Club Resort.
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Happy accident”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family wandered into Cape May Cafe for breakfast because we were staying at the Beach Club, and it was the first place we stumbled across--it turns out later that Cape May is essentially the only breakfast option at the Boardwalk. Cape May has a character buffet breakfast. Our toddler was ecstatic when Goofy, Donald and Minnie walked in, but it was almost as if they avoided our table! We watched as they visited all the tables around us, my son calling out the characters names desperately. It was heartbreaking, but eventually Donald and Minnie came over, and overall the food was great. Lots of options for every taste and delicious caramelized bananas for my french toast. The price is always high for character meals, and we weren't expecting to pay $100 for breakfast. I'm not sure the price justified the experience, but if you're looking for a character breakfast, this is a pretty good one.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jasper, Alabama
“Best Buffet in Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We didn't know what to expect. But hands down it was amazing and reasonable priced! I had 2 helpings of the salad it was so good. We sampled shrimp, crablegs, chicken, great cheeses and olives and the deserts were divine! Make a reservation!

Visited June 2014
St. Louis
“Gluten free and kid friendly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My family had a wonderful experience at the character breakfast buffet! The service was amazing and the characters come by the table multiple times and never rushed! I also have a gluten allergy and the head chef was awesome! She walked me around the buffet and pointed out what I could and could not eat. There were very few items that were not GF. She then offered me GF waffles, bagels, toast, donuts and brought whatever I wanted to my table. It was so nice and very accomodating!! We had to get up very early for a reservation but it was SO worth it!!! Loved it!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very consistent and continually good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Made reservations a couple of days ahead. Upon arrival, waited about 5 minutes to be seated, which was excellent. Our favorite part of the buffet is the crab legs. The food is very fresh and server was extremely attentive - on top of drink refills, clearing plates, etc... Dessert were also great. Will be back next year :). Reservations are a must.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Best Buffet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I might be a bit biased, because I was on the meal plan, which I highly reccommend. When we got to Disney our meals were pretty much already paid for. I am SOOO glad we primarily booked buffets. Cape May in particular is where it's at! For starters, I loved the resort it is in, and am thinking about taking my wife back for our 10 year anniversary. The place smells a bit FISHY, but don't let that deter you, it's just the massive amount of fresh seafood they have coming in and out of the place. I was going nuts on the crab, shrimp, and clams. Everything was so good. There was plenty of other selection, including chicken, pizza, and pasta, so don't go in thinking it's solely seafood! Everything was so delicious. We had an amazing waiter, who made us a makeshift crib out of two chairs for our sleeping 2 year old. He was a super nice guy. This kind of food and service makes us want to come back for more!

-steve