“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #169 of 3,089 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resort offers all-you-care-to-eat buffets at breakfast and dinner in a lively, beach-themed restaurant.Character Dining at BreakfastStart your day with Goofy and friends at the Beach Club Breakfast Buffet! During this Disney Character Dining experience, delight in a variety of breakfast favorites, including Mickey Waffles, a fresh fruit and yogurt bar, fresh-baked pastries and other favorites.Seafood Buffet at DinnerIn the evening, feast on a seafood buffet that includes crab legs, mussels and clams freshly steamed center stage, as well as a tantalizing selection of non-seafood dishes such as carved meats, ribs, chicken, seasonal seafood salads and pastas.As you dine, enjoy the nostalgic New England decor and seaside setting of Disney's Beach Club Resort.
central ohio
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The supper buffet at Cape May can't be beat! The crab legs just kept coming as well as all of the other choices. Even if seafood isn't your thing there is no reason anyone should leave this place hungery. Many options. I really like that the dessert portions are small enough that you can taste many things and not feel stuffed too!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
Miami Beach, Florida
“Nice character breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband,11 year old and 2 year old sons and I ate a Cape May for my birthday in late October, however no one asked if our reservation was for a special occasion. but that's ok because my children's happiness is all I need to enjoy my day :) My kids loved seeing the characters in their beach attire and we took a lot if pictures and the characters came to our table several times during the hour that we were there. The food was delicious! especially the french toast! yum! they had a very good selection and we all enjoyed it. The waitress was not good, especially not for Disney. It's a buffet, so all the waitress has to do is pick up the dirty plates and bring us drinks and she could not manage to do this. I even brought it to the attention of a manger and he cleared the plates, however, she still did not get the memo! and at almost $80 for breakfast it's not ok. Nevertheless, the character experience and the food was worth it. I drink the kool-aid and I love it.

London, United Kingdom
“so fresh, surprised it doesn't just walk up off your plate!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been here twice now with my family. The food is delightfully fresh, mainly serving a buffet of a range of seafood, a lot of shell fish, but have other things such as steak, mash, vegetables etc. A buffet so can go up as much as you want. Very typical floridian decor. desserts are good too and everything is fresh.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago
“Convenient Character Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We did the character breakfast buffet here one morning...we were staying at the Beach Club resort. They had a good-sized spread at the buffet, and my kids certainly enjoyed all the options. Service was prompt and nice, and the characters all visited in the time we were there. They do warn you it may take 45 minutes for them to circle around the room to get to everyone. The convenience and relatively low cost make this one of the better character meal options at Disney.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Good character breakfast at a cost”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife, 2 year old daughter and I had a character breakfast here. We made advanced reservations online and only waited 5 minutes to be seated. My daughter's dairy allergy was handled very well. The chef made her dairy-free Mickey Mouse waffles and an omelet. Goofy, Donald and Minnie stopped by to say hi and take photos with my daughter. Donald Duck was especially amusing. As for the food it was a standard breakfast buffet selection. Nothing stood out as being particularly delicious. The Mickey waffles were cute and I'm sure the little ones will get a kick out of it. However, at $25 pp for breakfast it is a bit steep.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere