“What a Great in a Disney Property!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #234 of 3,180 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: The Grand Floridian Cafe offers a moderately priced breakfast, lunch and dinner of American favorites. This casual, light-filled restaurant has a charming Victorian setting and overlooks the lovely gardens and pool at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.Start your day with a plate of Mickey Waffles or a hearty Three-Egg Omelet. For lunch, choose from an assortment of salads, soups, sandwiches and daily specials. Dinner selections include fresh seafood, chicken and delectable steaks.
“What a Great in a Disney Property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Chef Scott was fantastic. He addressed allergy issues with those with allergies and was super accomodating.

The shrimp and grits meal was fantastic! It was his recommendation!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Not a cafe at all. Very much a pretty decent sit down.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

QUICK TIP:
This place is a perfect spot to visit when you want to take a break from Magic Kingdom. You can hop on the resort monorail, check out the Grand Floridian, dine at the Grand Floridian cafe and make it back to Magic Kingdom for the Electrical Light Parade, Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. Make sure you give enough time to get there but on the way back, it is the first stop. It will take you about 10 minutes to get to Magic Kingdom from here.

Atmosphere - Part of the Grand Floridian theme, this place is very nice. I have become numb to all that Disney has to offer since we go to so many different spots. However, we had visitors from out of town and their reaction was that this place was very nice and a bit more upscale in appearance compared to some of the other places that they have dined at Disney. It probably wont give you the kid theme by no means however its nice to get away from that a little bit. One thing I did notice is that it is more well lit than most of the Disney restaurants which I find to be a good thing. It gives it a nice clean feel.

Service - Believe it or not, I booked my reservations on the day of and they could not seem to find me in the system. Not sure what happened there. Nonetheless, they still found us a table. As you can tell by my statement, the fact that I was able to make reservations for 5 on the morning of our reservations should alert you that this place does not get very booked. Hint 2 I suppose would be a last minute dining reservation. Our waitress was very attentive although perhaps a bit too attentive since it seemed like her visits to our table was not often enough. We needed our check since we were going to catch the show at Magic and she set us back another 10 min. Otherwise, all was good and I have no complaints.

Food - Standard fare here. Nothing too fancy. I had a burger but my wife had a some pasta with chicken. Both were good and not overly seasoned. Guests tried a shrimp alfredo looking dish which they said was good. The menu also sported a filet for around $28 which seemed ok priced for Disney. They served bread and butter so that was nice for my already starving stomach. Overall, the food was good. I cannot complain about how it tasted nor how it was prepared. However, it was not memorable either which is not something I would knock points off for.

Overall - The best thing about this place is that it is in the Grand Floridian. So if you are planning a day at Magic Kingdom and you don't think you can last all day at the park but still want to watch the fireworks, I think this is a great place to visit. During Christmas, the Grand Floridian has a Ginger Bread house exhibit as well so another reason to stop by this restaurant. These places are the gems around Disney that people often miss because they are too focused on being in the parks. The lobby of the Grand Florida sports plenty of places to sit and relax in air conditioning. There are plenty of souvenir shops in this hotel as well and some items you cannot find anywhere else on Disney property. I think I saw some Vera Bradley stuff with Mickey Mouse print on them. I don't think I have ever seen that anywhere else.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, Georgia
“Convenient, decent prices and a great breakfast staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here 5 breakfasts out of 7 on our recent trip. The staff was enthusiastic, prompt and courteous. They handled our large party with aplomb, including the parking of my dad's scooter. The food is good, although not adventurous. Our very large group dinner wasn't handled as well, with a VERY lax waitress who didn't deserve the built in tip.

Visited September 2013
Orlando
“Great Food and Worth the Money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Met a family friend who was staying at the resort. Was able to get reservations which I recommend. Like everywhere else in Disney, the food was pricey, however I this these prices were well worth the food and service. Had the pork chop and my only regret is I didn't order a second one! Sweet mashed potatoes were great as well. Others in my party enjoyed the shrimp and grits. Exceptional serving staff, and although the place was packed, they were very timely. Full recommend this restaurant to any in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Feast for your eyes and belly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Grand Floridian is just gorgeous. The cafe does not disappoint! As always, Disney service is wonderful. The food here was amazing. We had a variety of different dishes - seafood, beef and pasta. All of it was wonderful. I would HIGHLY recommend the Dessert Sampler. It has the best of everything and even a SOLID chocolate Mickey!

Visited October 2013