“Good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #231 of 3,168 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: The Grand Floridian Cafe offers a moderately priced breakfast, lunch and dinner of American favorites. This casual, light-filled restaurant has a charming Victorian setting and overlooks the lovely gardens and pool at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.Start your day with a plate of Mickey Waffles or a hearty Three-Egg Omelet. For lunch, choose from an assortment of salads, soups, sandwiches and daily specials. Dinner selections include fresh seafood, chicken and delectable steaks.
Michigan
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Citrus pancakes and sausage were very good. Coffee was top shelf. Lobster Benedict was a little fishy for me.

Flossmoor, Illinois
“Great breakfast. Try the citrus pancakes. Great even ordered gluten free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This has become our new favorite breakfast place at Disney. Visited twice in a week. Good value and excellent food. Citrus pancakes have become our new sweet tooth favorite. Boys 16 and 21, even rated it higher than Polynesian tonga toast. Even my stack of three pancakes that they specially made gluten free were great.
Kids went into magic kingdom for early entry at 7 and made it here via monorail to meet me at10:30 for our breakfast ADR. Lots of bacon comes with the pancakes and it to is the best we've had at any restaurant. Service both times was excellent. The room is light and airy a great way to end an early morning over a cup of tea. Enjoy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Very Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When my family and I came to Disney this past Christmas, I originally thought we wouldn't eat breakfast Christmas morning. When I decided a couple of weeks before our stay that I would like to have a good breakfast that day, the Grand Floridian Cafe was the only place I could get a reservation for. Our reservation was for 10:20 am. We've stayed at Disney several times, and I've learned to leave about an hour and a half before any dining reservations. Yes, you are likely to arrive well before your reservation time, but that gives you time to check out the beautiful scenery. We did arrive at the GF about half an hour before our reservation. The door we came in was right by the restaurant, and we noticed empty tables. At other restaurants (1900 Park Fare to name one), they will not seat you before your reservation, and I have been treated very rudely when I simply ask if checking in early is okay. Despite this, I decided to ask if it would be possible to check in early. The hosts/hostesses were very pleasant. They said absolutely and got us a table right away. I was very pleased right away.
Our server was great. I cannot remember her name, but she was young and from Moracco. She was very attentive throughout the entire meal. I ordered the Vanilla Laced French Toast and it was very good. I regretted ordering something so sweet when I noticed other people ordering more savory meals. Several people at the table next to us ordered the Lobster Eggs Benedict and it looked and smelled wonderful... Next time! My husband ordered the Ham and Cheese Omelet with potatoes. I think it's difficult to mess up an omelet, and my husband really enjoyed it. The hash brown potato casserole was very good, another thing I wish I had ordered! My daughter ordered the Mickey waffle and actually ate it all. One thing I do not like about Disney restaurants is their bacon. I don't know what it actually is, but they need to stop calling it bacon. The bacon at the GF Cafe was great, as was the sausage.
There was only one thing I did not like about this restaurant, and Disney can do nothing about it. The snobby people that arrived after us almost ruined our meal. When shown to their table, they all had a disgusted look on their faces and said "No, we will not sit here". It was a party of four and no table was good enough for them. They were very rude to the host and any other employee they encountered. One thing I must say - I was very impressed with this staff. Being Christmas, everyone wished us a Merry Christmas several times. Most days people seem scared to say "Merry Christmas" out of fear of offending someone not of Christian faith. I was very glad to hear the phrase many many times throughout the day. In regards to the rude party, I was disgusted by the way they treated the hosts, but not once did they seem annoyed by the requests. I was annoyed for them, but they kept their calm. I have worked in restaurants and eaten in restaurants a lot, and usually people who treat the help so poorly are treated poorly in return. The main host just smiled, even when his back was facing them. I honestly thought once he walked away he would roll his eyes or make a face, but he kept his composure. That gave me great respect for this restaurant and its employees. 1900 Park Fare could really learn from this restaurant!
And the price wasn't ridiculous here as it is everywhere else on Disney property. I was very surprised. After accidentally booking too many table service restaurants, this was the place we decided to not use our Disney Dining Plan for. I am so glad we did - the total was about $40, that's almost less than the price of 1 person at 1900 Park Fare! Such a relief! We will be back here in the future!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Western NY
“Pleasantly Quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had breakfast one morning before heading over to the Magic Kingdom. At around 8:15 AM the place was quite empty and was a sunny and pleasant place to enjoy a good breakfast. I had the lobster eggs benedict and my husband ordered the ham and cheese omlette. The food came out very quickly and was excellent. We'll go back again on our next trip.

Dade City, Florida
“Always good, mean hostess..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food here is always very good. I recommend the hamburger, it's not cheap, but worth every penny. The reuben is wonderful too. Service has always been good, but there is a hostess that has been there for a long time, that I don't know how she keeps her job. She is cold and mean. Reminds me of Riff Raff from the popular mid seventies cult classic. Everyone else has always been great.