“Good, but I'd probably spend my money elsewhere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #245 of 3,088 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Middlefield, Connecticut, United States
“Good, but I'd probably spend my money elsewhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Le Cellier is always billed as one of the top restaurants in Disney. I recently ate there on vacation this past weekend, and while it was good, I would probably choose to spend the money at another location. I ordered the Le Cellier filet mignon, and I just don't feel that you truly get your money's worth at this restaurant. The difficulty at Disney is that almost everyone that dines there is on a meal plan, and because of this, I don't believe that there is any incentive for Disney to put out a exceptional meal. People will dine where they can use their meal plan credits, and move on. For those of us, however, who are not on a disney dining plan, the cost of a meal is important to us and we expect something in return. And I have to say that at $43 per filet mignon, that is a lot of money, and Le Cellier is not the same quality as a Ruth's Chris steakhouse, Morton's or even a J. Gilberts. I'm glad that I dined there once to satisfy my curiosity, but I would probably never go back. There was not anything objectionable or wrong with the meal, I just do not think that Disney restaurants put forth a quality food product anymore to justify the prices they are charging non-meal plan diners.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Thai first
Melbourne, Florida
“A place for a great Alberta beef steak and with award winning wines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We met my wife's sister and her daughter there for their parting dinner after they had spent a week in WDW. We reside in Florida, have an annual pass to WDW and a Tables in Wonderland discount plan so we prepared ourselves for a "beef dinner" par excel lance. We were not disappointed. Paired with a wonderful bottle of wine that Le Cellier has an exclusive contract for their signature dish, filet with mushroom risotto was worth the long wait for a reservation. It is pricey but as the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for". We spent over three hours dining , talking and enjoying our meal. Although the restaurant is kid friendly we we by ourselves this time. It might be over the top for kids but I cannot say as I only looked for the adult entrees.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kissimmee, Florida
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The restaurant never disappoints. We eat in this restaurant a couple of times a year, we always get a great meal and friendly service. The cheese soup is excellent and the steaks are always great!

Visited January 2013
Lexington, South Carolina, United States
“Will go to Le Cellier everytime we visit Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I LOVE Le Cellier! The best meal I've had at Disney! I always get the filet migon, Canadian cheddar cheese soup (& I dunk the pretzel bread in my soup...YUM!), & the maple creme brulee for dessert. It is always delicious & the service is excellent! Our server, Alice, was very sweet & attentive. When planning our Disney trips, I always look forward to our visit to Le Cellier! It's more of a date night meal, but they do have a great kids menu & can accomedate parties with kiddos. I think we will stick to it being a date night for us though. It's a must at Disney!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Be Careful - menu changed "No Lunch" long wait for table of 2”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We made reservation for lunch - you MUST give a credit card number to make the reservation - they will charge the credit card if you are a no show. We arrived 5 minutes early for our lunch - the larger parties that arrived after us were all seated before us (Party of 2 seems you have to wait longer). We were seated 15 minutes late. Not sure why the wait since there were 6 tables for 2 available when were finally seated.

Now we look at the menu - no lunch, no sandwiches (we were looking forward to the hamburger that everyone raved about. Every thing on the menu was dinners (and expensive even for steak). We asked the hostess if there was a lunch menu. We were informed that Jan. 17th the restaurant went to Signature" dishes only (meaning dinner all day).

We did not want a dinner, so we left with out ordering. We were assured that we would NOT be charged since we expected a lunch menu.

We will not be going back unless we are going for dinner. They may as well not even be open at lunch time if they do not have a lunch menu.

Now I do blame myself for not taking a last minute look at the menu - but I booked on-line and at the time they still showed the lunch.

• Visited February 2013