“It's just breakfast, seriously, how good could it really be??? let me tell you, it's FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of First Watch

First Watch
7500 W Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819-5110 (Doctor Phillips)
407363-5622
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Doctor Phillips
Description: Voted Best Brunch in Orlando Magazine for the 4th consecutive year, First Watch specializes in delicious creations freshly-prepared to order. Their fresh, award-winning Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch dishes are made using only the best ingredients without the use of heat lamps or deep fryers. The best part is their creative menu features traditional favorites like omelets, pancakes, salads and sandwiches.
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Looking around for a breakfast/brunch place in Orlando is like looking for sea water while on a fishing boat out at sea. They are EVERYWHERE, from the cheapest to some very expensive options.

My poor long suffering husband was nominated as the event planner (we were meeting up with his parents on their visit from the UK) and looked up some options (both on tripadvisor and another restaurant/hotel review website) and said "let's try here". It was very close to us so we decided sure - why not - but we were expecting the normal, eggs and bacon with toast and hash browns and watery coffee. BOY were we wrong. We were so wrong that long after breakfast, while packing and getting ready to leave our hotel room, my husband was sitting on the chair looking worried. I asked him what was wrong and he sighed and said "I just can't find the words to express how wonderful breakfast was." and went on in detail to tell me just how superb he'd found it - and how he couldn't find the words to express how much he loved it, which I will detail below. The point is that it so exceeded his expectations, he just couldn't stop thinking about it.

Firstly, it's in a strip mall that you wouldn't really think twice about going into - so don't be fooled by that. Once inside, we were seated immediately (it was about 9 ish on a Sunday morning, just before the big brunch crowd) - and the minute we saw the menus, we were silenced. No "eggs bacon and hashbrowns here" - although you can of course get something similar - it was all gourmet breakfast dishes at not-gourmet prices - hubbie had scrambled eggs with hollandaise sauce and cheese with ham, father in law had a skillet hash (Two eggs* any style atop a hash of fresh, seasoned potatoes, bacon and house-roasted onions with melted Cheddar and Monterey Jack.), mother in law had Avocado, Bacon and Tomato (Two eggs* any style atop a hash of fresh, seasoned potatoes, avocado, bacon and tomatoes with melted Cheddar and Monterey Jack.) and I had the Market Hash - Two eggs* any style atop a hash of fresh, seasoned potatoes, house-roasted Crimini mushrooms, zucchini, onions and red peppers with spinach, melted mozzarella and herbed goat cheese. There were small pots of fresh fruit as well as English muffins served with these, and let me tell you, the flavors and freshness were just outstanding. We ordered a large orange juice and shared it (best orange juice I've had in AGES - freshly squeezed and just sweet and delicious) - a pot of coffee (GOOD coffee!!!) - it was just so different from all other breakfast houses we've been to in the past.

While we were eating, we noticed how crowded it was getting and there was quite a queue and customers waiting in line were given cups of coffee - how nice and what a great idea!

It was OUTSTANDING. Obviously the produce is fresh, some of it is organic, it's not the normal mass-produced mass-assembled kind of breakfast food - it's thoughtful, well planned, and deliciously executed - all the combinations worked well, like they had spent years perfecting what goes with what, I could not taste any salt which pleased me (I hate salty-tasting food) - but it just tasted like everything had just come out of the garden. The eggs were a lovely bright orange/yellow, like they'd come from happy chickens. The prices were so reasonable too - I think around $7.50 (ish) for my husband's scrambled egg with hollandaise sauce, I think the other dishes were around $8.50, coffee was I think $2.59 per person (you can see it all detailed below in the check). The only thing I found odd and didn't like was that the Beverages section on the menu had no prices - obviously an oversight but I hate having to ask anyone "how much is coffee? How much is orange juice?" etc. Should be prices on there for all food and beverage items. However, that is such a miniscule complaint, but just something that needs mentioning.

Overall, we gave our event planner (my husband) a standing ovation. Well, we stayed sitting down but asked him to pretend that we were standing up. If you're reading this darling hubbie, choosing so well means you don't have to do the dishes for one whole week. Well, at least until tomorrow night.

OUTSTANDING, DIFFERENT, FRESH AND DELICIOUS - NOT TO MENTION DELIGHTFUL SERVICE STAFF AND GREAT SERVICE. Will we go back? If in Orlando, without question. Would we recommend it? Again, without question. Best breakfast/brunch place around.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
chewedpup - We are thrilled to hear what an outstanding and memorable experience you had your family had with us. We are truly smiling from ear to ear reading all of your kind words. And we will join in the standing ovation because we are so happy your husband brought you all to First Watch! Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you all again soon!

boston, MA
“Excellent gluten free breakfast brunch or lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I am extremely sensitive to gluten and we ate here several times with no issues. The food is fresh and made with real eggs and they give you a list of things you can order and can't order! They don't have bread but if you bring your own they will heat it up for you! I so missed breakfast! So awesome to have breakfast at a restaurant with so many options while on vacation!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
maineinexile - We love that we were able to serve you a tasty, safe and healthy breakfast! We take food allergies very seriously, so it's wonderful to hear how much you trust us with your health. Thank you for visiting and we can't wait to have you back for breakfast soon!

Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My oldest daughter introduced us to First Watch and it has been a favorite ever since. Great food. Great service! One of our favorites!

Visited May 2013
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Beverly H - Thank you for visiting and thank you to your daughter for sending you our way! We are very happy to be a family favorite.

Orlando, Florida
“Great for breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very nice breakfast menu. Love this place to start my day. Good food, good service. Always first quality, and they really try to accomidate special requests.

Visited June 2012
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Disatisfied50 - We are so happy to hear our breakfast always gets your day started on a great note! Thank you for all your visits and we hope to see you again soon.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Great way to start the day! HEALTHY OPTIONS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This place was fantastic, service was great, the waitress knew the entire menu completely and was able to answer any questions we had.

There's a lot of healthy options and things you wouldn't normally see at some chain breakfast place. They also do lunch, which we didn't get to try, but they serve their whole menu all day (7:00 - 2:30).

Definitely recommend this if you want a healthier style breakfast/lunch that will be a great start to your day!

Visited May 2013
Jessica R, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
KurtDressler - We're so happy you had such a wonderful experience with us. It's an honor to know we were a great start to your day. Thank you for coming by and we hope to see you back for breakfast or lunch soon!