“Hard to top the dining environment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Angel Inn

San Angel Inn
EPCOT Center, Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL 32821 (Walt Disney World Resort)
+1 407-939-3463
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Walt Disney World Resort
Description: At the San Angel Inn restaurant in Disney's Mexico Pavilion in Epcot you will be dining in perpetual twilight. The subdued lighting provides an intimate setting in this romantic restaurant modeled after a 17th Century hacienda that features traditional Mexican Cuisine for lunch and dinner, complimented by a great selection of traditional Margaritas, beer and wine. The restaurant blends the charm and distinction of old times with modern luxury. When seated in the rear of the restaurant, patrons can enjoy watching the boats of the La Gran Fiesta attraction go by. Mexican tile floors and stucco walls add to the authentic atmosphere. While sipping your Margarita and enjoying your meal, you'll feel as if you are at a Hacienda.
Savannah, Georgia
“Hard to top the dining environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have made 5 previous trips to Disney parks and never bothered to make a reservation in advance, but always wanted to eat here, and found on every visit that they were booked solid, so on my April trip, we made the reservation two weeks prior to our visit. As soon as we got to the park, we went to the restaurant to re-confirm our evening reservation because we didn't want to risk it. Everything was fine, but i was amazed at the massive list of reservations that they had!!! I am impressed they are able to juggle it as well as they can. When we returned that evening, we went first the tequila bar located inside the marketplace area in the "temple." I highly recommend that to anyone who is a tequila fan. Incredible selection of premium tequilas, as well as very high quality craft margaritas. The jalapeno cucumber is phenomenal. They are not cheap, but they are priced pretty closely inline with what any nicer establishment would Mayan temple anywhere else, so I am okay with paying a slightly higher price - it's the atmosphere you are paying for! There was a small glitch after we checked in for our reservation; I believe a miscommunication between hosts had led them to think we were already seated, but they straightened it out and we got a great table!! The only two top directly on the water. The server was patient and gracious, and the food was great. They prepared us a special vegetarian meal and it was a pretty generous portion as well. It was a great experience sitting by the water and looking at the volcano, etc, and was one of the highlights of that particular trip.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Dark but nice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Love it in here, food is great the atmosphere makes you really feel as though you are sitting outside on a warm summers evening, great and romantic. The only downfall is it is quite dark, a bit to dark if you ask me but what do I know!!!

Been quite a few times so yes I like it

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NC
“Great Food, Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We chose San Angel Inn as our restaurant for the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. The price was higher than the menu, but the menu prices were kind of expensive. We had an excellent waiter, who was friendly, efficient and made the experience a great one! The food was wonderful, fresh, hot and delicious. The atmosphere was nice and this would be a nice restaurant for a romantic dinner at Disney. We had reservations, so there was very little wait. We never felt rushed during our dinner. We enjoyed the entire dining experience!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
York
“Great Food and Location, but Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I'll start at the end and work my way back on this one.

The only reason this restaurant doesn't get 5 stars is the price. Seemingly all the Disney restaurants which need you to reserve and serve proper food (not burgers, fries or limp salad) are horrendously expensive.

We were seated not long after our reservation time of 1pm, and were lucky enough to get a waterside seat. It's a lovely atmosphere in the place and I have to say the food was very good. However, the portion sizes were on the mean side, especially with the cost. We all had starters, and the mains were very good too. There does seem to be a bit of reliance on avocado but the meals were tasty.

We all had different desserts so we could share them between us - but be warned - if you don't like Cinnamon, don't order a dessert. My chocolate mouse, my daughter's Bavarian cream, and my wife and daughters ice creams all had cinnamon on or in them.

Our server was brilliant, very attentive, and the kids really loved sitting by the waterfront and waving at the people on the 3 caballeros boat ride.

Again, unsurprisingly, the bill with a tip came to $160 (£100 at time of writing) which I know I could go to a decent Mexican in the UK and spend half the money and get similar food, but as with all things Disney you're paying for the name.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My friend & I decided to give this restaurant a try as we always make a stop in the Mexico pavilion to shop & visit La Cava del Tequila for an Awesome margarita! We ate for lunch & split the steak entree & it was excellent!! We both loved every bite & it was just enough to hold us over until our dinner which we decided to splurge on that evening. I'm looking forward to another really great lunch here again!

• Visited December 2012