“The waiter from hell” 2 of 5 stars

407-297-8682
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewood Tavern & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #629 of 3,095 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Chicago, Illinois
“The waiter from hell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to come here, and had a terrific evening, mostly because the service was so bad it had us laughing. Terrific breadsticks to start. Two of us ordered cocktails and my husband asked for the Scotch list. "Oh" the waiter assured us "no list but I know the Scotches. What would you like?" My husband asked if the had Lagavullan or Laphroig. The waiter came back and assured us he had the first, no maybe it was the second. He returned with a cloudy golden substance that was neither, in fact it wasn't Scotch. He remained cheerful and discovered what they actually had was MacCallan.

He took our orders, returning twice to check on the salad course. The salads came, I asked for the cheese on the side of my Caesar, both the cheese and the salad dressing came on the side. Okay, I could handle that.

Two bites into our salads the entrees showed up. "Oh," said the waiter, "I've never seen the kitchen get these out so quickly." We looked at him and said that we had just started eating our salads. "Do you want me to take them back?" We said yes, but didn't want to get them overdone from sitting under the heat lamp. "No problem! We'll refire them."

The entrees returned, obviously having sat under the heat lamp, my steak was now a medium to medium well, not medium rare. The pot roast did okay and our friend professed to prefer her lamb chops slightly better done.

The sides were also wrong on mine.

At this point the manager was hovering nervously and apologizing regularly.

A new steak was prepared, freshly and correctly cooked. The waiter indicated there would be no charges and that he was bringing me another drink. "I'm the designated driver, I don't want another drink." Too late, it had arrived but don't worry we'll comp it.

They did charges us for the drink, but wrote off one salad, the steak and the lamb chops and all "up charges". The manager also gave us $50 in gift cards.

The food was fine, but the service was enough to make sure we don't return!

74% Recommend
orlando
“Very good, but miss the "olden" days...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We still enjoy dining here with family and friends. The food is still consistently good as well as the service. But, oh, do we miss the olden days. When Stonewood first opened, the salad was included with the meal. The portions were also larger, not huge mind you, but larger. And the 7 layer chocolate cake was to die for. So, although it's still on our list of local eateries, we do long for the olden days.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We eat here all the time and love to come up for their happy hour drink specials! The salads and appetizers are huge and can be a meal in and of themselves. The bar can be noisy, so request seating in the dining room if available. Desserts and martinis are really good!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“always good and consistent...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

i go here often and never saw a bad meal from anyone. food is excellent and service is even better. happy hours and martini specials during the week. my only complaint is opening at 4 on sundays. i liked going here after church for lunch before they changed the hours .

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I sat outside and had a few drinks, but the atmosphere was lovely. They have couches and tables, it really set the mood, especially with the chillier weather. I would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012