“Excellent Thai Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
San Francisco, California
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

First time in Heathrow and Lake Mary, Florida, area, which is north of Orlando and DisneyWorld about twenty miles. Lots of hotels and restaurants that cater to regional, national and international companies. The hotel concierge recommended The Blue Elephant, a new Thai restaurant. Simple, but elegant interior with very prompt service. Dumplings, soups, fresh salads with papaya, main courses that can be vegan or topped with fresh seafood, pork, chicken or beef are in abundance. Medium spicy is the norm; medium was a bit spicier than my dining companions expected (it was not spicy enough for me). I highly recommend it for business or pleasure

• Visited January 2013

Online
“One of my favorite restaurants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

( I wrote this review on Yelp - and re-posting here)
Great food, the inside is BEAUTIFUL. The staff is friendly and very attentive.
I've been here about 10 times! I LOVE THAI food!
I've had:
Pad Thai ( with Tofu) - excellent
Penang Curry (with Tofu) - my favorite
The coconut based soup - my favorite soup
The "standard" Thai Soup - spicy!
Drunken Noodles and Crispy Chicken - delicious
I've taken friends, family, and business partners here and everyone has been 100% satisfied with their meal and experience.
The prices are reasonable and portions are more than enough. TIP: If you order one of the curry dishes order an extra serving of rice. The singe serving can be small if you are hungry.
My wish is that when Mangos are in season - that they add mango & sticky rice to their dessert menu.
5 stars for Blur Elephant!

• Visited December 2012
Lake Mary
“New Thai Restaurant - Heathrow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Not just another Thai restaurant! Our meal started with steamed pork & shrimp dumplings. Cooked to perfection & the sauce was delicious. The calamari was served with a red curry sauce that we couldn't get enough of but be prepared for a little spice. The crispy duck breast was served with traditional Thai cream sauce, yum! The drunken noodle dish with chicken was flavorfull. Overall, the portions were large, prices were fair & the presentation was special. Happy hour offers martini's for $3.00 & sellect wines for $5.00. We enjoyed the oriental background music. About halfway thru our meal a saxaphone player began playing light jaz. Nice evening!

• Visited October 2012