“WOW!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off Discount
Ranked #90 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“WOW!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

This is a timeshare property so it is fully loaded! We stayed in a two bedroom unit 3 nights and a three bedroom unit 7 nights. This place was amazing!! We went on a trip with my husband's family. The ages of everyone ranges from 60's down to a 2 year old, and this place had something for everyone!!

I loved the location! Minutes from Disney!

The pools could not have been nicer. They have a lazy river, a large pool with a graduated enterance (sloped), a spray fountain kids area, a kiddie pool, a few hot tubs, and a pool with a fairly large water slide!

On Mondays they had a free breakfast, which consisted of bagels, muffins, fruit, juice, and coffee. They had a dive in movie night, where you watched a movie from the pool, which was really cool. They had a large bounce house there for the kids to play in two different days, a inflatable slide one day, and face painting too!! They also had a great playground for the kids to play on, and a beach volley ball court!

They rooms were very nice with everything that you could and would ever need! And the employees were super friendly and even moved our luggage, and food from one unit to the next when when changed units, so that we did not have to bother with it, which allowed us to stay at the Magic Kingdom all day and not worry about what to do with the food and whether it would spoil.

Over all this was an incredible vacation and I think that anyone would be happy here.

If I have one complaint it is is that they need more food places on the grounds. It would be nice to have a place that served breakfast. They just opened a pizza place not long before we were there and it was very good, however it would have been nice to have more variety. They also had a snack shop, that had great sandwiches, however were really slow with a large group.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Hard to find parking at night
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family

1,996 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

First off: For the ones that complain about the timeshare meeting-I got in/out within 35 minutes, still got my $75 Disney money award(used later that day at Epcot, received change back for the difference). I've learned that if you know you aren't interested, or can't afford to purchase what they want to sell you(timeshare, upgrade, etc)-let them know this up front that you probably aren't going to spend any $$ but, let them think there's a 1% possibility they can sell you something. That way, they know you are probably coming for the prize and they will move things along. If you aren't good at saying know, or you are a show-off that can't admit you can't afford something-don't go to the meeting(it's not required usually that you attend).

On the hotel/resort-we loved it. We were there 7/14-7/21. We planned to spend 5 days at the Disney Parks but, ended up spending 3 1/2 because the kids enjoyed the hotel stuff so much. My kids(10 and 11 year olds) and I did the salsa lessons there(free of course). That was a lot of fun. My daughter got to do scuba diving lessons in the pool(Scuba Steve) for $25. The instructor was attentive and helpful and very polite. Ping pong was 25cents a ball, if you didn't lose or crush it-you could play all week on that 1 ball. Pool table,internet, and mini golf(18 holes) were free. Only problem with the internet is teens that stay on all day/night...they will let you use it if you see they've been on a long time...none of them were rude about that at all. Or, bring your laptop and hookup to your Voice over IP phone jack located in the kitchen. The swimming pools, slide and lazy river were a blast. My kids asked to just stay at the hotel a few days and go no where. You might want to do every other day at Disney Parks/Universal and the in between at the resort..so you don't overexhaust yourselves.
One complaint was the Pizza/Bar at the pool with the slide wasn't always open. The Friday before we left, it was shut completely down. We ate over by the main checkin, at the little snack shop. They are nice and food is good there but, construction and painting by the tables wasn't too good.
If you decide to not rent a car(as we choose on most vacations)-there are shuttles that take you to the Disney Parks and back almost all day. If you miss a shuttle back to the hotel and have time to get to Magic Kingdom before the last shuttle, just ride Disney Transportation to Magic Kingdom and come back from there. We did that at MGM so we could watch the AMAZING FANTASMIC.
The rooms were excellent, clean, smoke free, everything we needed. If you get a room in the last tower(Torre Del Mar or something like that-we were in the one before it)facing the pool with the slide, you can see fireworks at night. Remember if your room faces the pool, people swim all night and ignorant ones have their noisy kids out at all hours as well. I never called the front on it but, if you are a light sleeper-keep that in mind.
On groceries(since you have a full kitchen in the room), Wal-mart was $15 each way cab. Or, go to the websites for gardengrocer or goodings and they deliver for only $10 on orders of $50 or more. Wal-mart has a lot of Disney souveniers but, I noticed some aren't much cheaper than Disney itself but, others are(esp. High School Musical ones).
Oh, and I've included a photo of the grill(in case you like to grill.I think it's free and looks really nice). It's right by the pool with the slide. And you can charge drinks/food at the bar by that pool to your room as well.

• Liked — Everything was so easy. No hassles. Lots of help if needed.
  • Disliked — Pizza place was closed one day(Friday)
austin, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2007

my mom has the timeshare for this resort. i was skeptical but was overjoyed from the moment we stepped into our room. Our balcony looked onto the lake and then everynight we could see the fireworks from Epcot! All parks were within 5 to 10 minute drive. We didn't use their shuttle service since we drove ourselves to FL. The 2 bdrm unit was awesome and fit our family of 5 just right. Lots of space. Enjoyed the pools, except the 1 morning we went to the pool with the slide, the slide was locked! my son was disappointed. i wanted to get the kids involved in their scheduled activities but we had so much else going on we didn't have the time. We stayed in the Torre del Mar, 7th floor, last section. we were at the end of the hall and only heard alittle noise from the family across the hall (when they were in the hall, going into their room only) but we had no neighbors on the bedroom walls since we were in the last section and the other inner bedroom was adjacent to a storage closet!. Elevator s were NEVER crowded. We hardly saw anyone in our tower. Loved not feeling like a regular hotel and packed in like a sardine in and out of the room!
Loved our week long stay. Will go back in 2009.

• Liked — spacious room, very apt.-like, our epot fireworks view
  • Disliked — its a timeshare so this 1st time they tried to get my mom to buy into more stuff, hopefully they won't do that each time we go!
colorado springs, colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

First of all, we're not prima donnas and we've been "around the block a few times". Having said that, we would not stay here again in spite of the location and convenience to Disney World. Our biggest complaint is the paper-thin walls. If we were owners and hadn't traded into this resort, we would have been aghast at the shoddy construction for a high premium spot. Our neighbors have been noisy, noisy, noisy, including a party. We would not have been so aggravated had the walls not been so thin. It is like they are in the room with us when anyone is in the bath/MBR areas. We can hear every word of their conversations. If you want privacy and the sense of "being alone" when in your condo, don't come here. Sheraton Vistana Villages is a far superior place to take your Disney holiday if you want a true resort feel. We also agree with "Never Treated Worse-Rotten to the Core" above in how we were treated during the "Owners' Update". The closing sales manager was one of the snottiest, rudest people we have ever encountered. We don't usually do the sales pitch thing but we were told when we checked in that it was only an owners' update and that we would be in and out in 45 minutes. Plus, the temptation of $75 of Disney Dollars didn't hurt either. But, the 45 minutes turned into 2 hours with the last 5 minutes being very adversarial and uncomfortable. You couldn't get us back here if you paid us. And, we will not be giving this resort a extremely satisfied rating when filling out our survey when we get home, as they would like. Our recommendation, with so many choices in the area, to find someplace else to stay. Although an attractive place, it only goes skin-deep.

Stayed June 2007
Ratcliff, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Bonnet Creek Resort offers the best of all worlds. Actually within Disney World's arch, this resort is located between Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and MGM Studios. The location could not be better. We had a two bedroom condo with two bathrooms, the unit could sleep 8 comfortably. My husband, my daughter and myself spent a week in PARADISE. We were in Torre del Mar (the newest tower on the property). A pool with a slide was right outside along with a Bar and Pizza Grill. Lifeguards are on duty while the slide is in use. We spent quite a bit of time there. An electric grill was there, too. We used it one night. Complimentary mini-golf was conveniently located close by, also. Check-in/check-out was easy. I would recommend requesting a unit on the pool side of the bldg so you could see it from your balcony. We were on the other side with a nice view of the parking lot. The condo was fully equipped with all cooking utensils and various supplies. The washer/dryer was handy. 3 TV's allowed us all to watch what we pleased. There was a DVD player and radio, too. We used the jacuzzi tub at least 3 times. We were on the 3rd floor and it was quiet. A Walmart SuperCenter is within 3 miles, too. They have a bus that will take you to any Disney theme park that leaves hourly in the AM. I highly recommend this resort. it's beautiful, clean and comfortable with plenty of activities. Overall, this is the best resort we've stayed in.

• Liked — Closeness to everything Disney.
  • Disliked — Walking distancy to main building.
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

No one should have any complaints of this resort unless you are just a plain miserable person. This resort is above esxcellent inside and out. As soon as I turned onto the resort I was sold. If this is not celebrity status I dont know what is. Beautiful landscaping, lovely pool areas and all amenities are exceptional. Rooms are high class and wonderfully decorated with top of the line furniture and wondrful views. relaxing, quiet and conveniently located. The timeshare presentations ARE NOT pressured at all so don't believe the hype. All you have to say is no. Maybe more than enough but with some patience and understanding on your end that these are salespeople and have to make a living. It may not be from you but they have a job to do. Just keep saying no and don't concentrate on what they have to say. It worked for me in the pass for other timeshares at other resorts but like I mentioned I was sold as soon as I came onto the property so they didn't have to work too hard. This resort sells itself.

• Liked — rooms, pool, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I stayed here the w/e of July 13th. The property is nice as well as the rooms. Although this was rated number 1 when I booked it I feel this is not quite the case. The rooms are nice however, they are a bit misleading according to the website they have marble/granite countertops which was not the case. Additionally, the patio furniture was cheap plastic and there was only one trash can in the entire unit. The living room area is rather small once you pull out the sofa bed, which had no fitted sheet only a top sheet, there is no room to get around and you have to move a chair and table in order to do so. Additionally, there was no mention that this was a timeshare property where they EXPECT you to sit in for their presentation I guess to try to persaude you to buy into this property. Since, I went here to rest and relax I definetly did not want to do this. After check in the direct you over to another place before you can get your parking pass and make you sign up for a time to go to this presentation. I told them I was not going to commit as my plans were to relax. As such when I did not make it I recieved numerous calls as why I did not attend. Additionally, even though I only stayed two days, room service did not come to my room the second days to bring towels, or empty trash, etc. I had to call for this.
As for the property amenities they are nice. This place has so far, a volley ball net, playground, two pools, three hot tubs, two kids pools and a lazy river. Italso has other amenities for a nominal fee such as miniture golf, kids activities which my daughter loved (ie sand art, tye dyes shirts), arcade, and billard room.
As for the pool bar it was not that great nor was the worker there. When I tried to place an order for a pizza about 11:30 I was told to come back since the cook was late. (mind you this is the only item at the pool bar that needs to be cooked) I came back 45 minutes later and then was told by the same worker that the oven was broken and they were trying to repair it (guess he forgot his earlier story). Later that nite I called and asked if the oven had been working and the worker at the bar ( anew one) told me and was wondering what I had been talking about).
All in all the amenities here are great however the rooms are not that great nor the staff......I would maybe go here again since my daughter likes the pool area however if I were up to me I would go to World Quest, the rooms and patio are bigger, the patio furniture is better as the table holds more than one glass and they have more than two chairs, they are also cheaper. However, they do not have as many kids activities but the service there was exceptional and they do not try to persaude you to buy into the property.

• Liked — pool/kids activities
  • Disliked — pressure to attend time share
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!