“Agree with "Never Treated Worse-Rotten to the Core"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #94 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
colorado springs, colorado
“Agree with "Never Treated Worse-Rotten to the Core"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

First of all, we're not prima donnas and we've been "around the block a few times". Having said that, we would not stay here again in spite of the location and convenience to Disney World. Our biggest complaint is the paper-thin walls. If we were owners and hadn't traded into this resort, we would have been aghast at the shoddy construction for a high premium spot. Our neighbors have been noisy, noisy, noisy, including a party. We would not have been so aggravated had the walls not been so thin. It is like they are in the room with us when anyone is in the bath/MBR areas. We can hear every word of their conversations. If you want privacy and the sense of "being alone" when in your condo, don't come here. Sheraton Vistana Villages is a far superior place to take your Disney holiday if you want a true resort feel. We also agree with "Never Treated Worse-Rotten to the Core" above in how we were treated during the "Owners' Update". The closing sales manager was one of the snottiest, rudest people we have ever encountered. We don't usually do the sales pitch thing but we were told when we checked in that it was only an owners' update and that we would be in and out in 45 minutes. Plus, the temptation of $75 of Disney Dollars didn't hurt either. But, the 45 minutes turned into 2 hours with the last 5 minutes being very adversarial and uncomfortable. You couldn't get us back here if you paid us. And, we will not be giving this resort a extremely satisfied rating when filling out our survey when we get home, as they would like. Our recommendation, with so many choices in the area, to find someplace else to stay. Although an attractive place, it only goes skin-deep.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
Ratcliff, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

Bonnet Creek Resort offers the best of all worlds. Actually within Disney World's arch, this resort is located between Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and MGM Studios. The location could not be better. We had a two bedroom condo with two bathrooms, the unit could sleep 8 comfortably. My husband, my daughter and myself spent a week in PARADISE. We were in Torre del Mar (the newest tower on the property). A pool with a slide was right outside along with a Bar and Pizza Grill. Lifeguards are on duty while the slide is in use. We spent quite a bit of time there. An electric grill was there, too. We used it one night. Complimentary mini-golf was conveniently located close by, also. Check-in/check-out was easy. I would recommend requesting a unit on the pool side of the bldg so you could see it from your balcony. We were on the other side with a nice view of the parking lot. The condo was fully equipped with all cooking utensils and various supplies. The washer/dryer was handy. 3 TV's allowed us all to watch what we pleased. There was a DVD player and radio, too. We used the jacuzzi tub at least 3 times. We were on the 3rd floor and it was quiet. A Walmart SuperCenter is within 3 miles, too. They have a bus that will take you to any Disney theme park that leaves hourly in the AM. I highly recommend this resort. it's beautiful, clean and comfortable with plenty of activities. Overall, this is the best resort we've stayed in.

• Liked — Closeness to everything Disney.
  • Disliked — Walking distancy to main building.
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

No one should have any complaints of this resort unless you are just a plain miserable person. This resort is above esxcellent inside and out. As soon as I turned onto the resort I was sold. If this is not celebrity status I dont know what is. Beautiful landscaping, lovely pool areas and all amenities are exceptional. Rooms are high class and wonderfully decorated with top of the line furniture and wondrful views. relaxing, quiet and conveniently located. The timeshare presentations ARE NOT pressured at all so don't believe the hype. All you have to say is no. Maybe more than enough but with some patience and understanding on your end that these are salespeople and have to make a living. It may not be from you but they have a job to do. Just keep saying no and don't concentrate on what they have to say. It worked for me in the pass for other timeshares at other resorts but like I mentioned I was sold as soon as I came onto the property so they didn't have to work too hard. This resort sells itself.

• Liked — rooms, pool, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I stayed here the w/e of July 13th. The property is nice as well as the rooms. Although this was rated number 1 when I booked it I feel this is not quite the case. The rooms are nice however, they are a bit misleading according to the website they have marble/granite countertops which was not the case. Additionally, the patio furniture was cheap plastic and there was only one trash can in the entire unit. The living room area is rather small once you pull out the sofa bed, which had no fitted sheet only a top sheet, there is no room to get around and you have to move a chair and table in order to do so. Additionally, there was no mention that this was a timeshare property where they EXPECT you to sit in for their presentation I guess to try to persaude you to buy into this property. Since, I went here to rest and relax I definetly did not want to do this. After check in the direct you over to another place before you can get your parking pass and make you sign up for a time to go to this presentation. I told them I was not going to commit as my plans were to relax. As such when I did not make it I recieved numerous calls as why I did not attend. Additionally, even though I only stayed two days, room service did not come to my room the second days to bring towels, or empty trash, etc. I had to call for this.
As for the property amenities they are nice. This place has so far, a volley ball net, playground, two pools, three hot tubs, two kids pools and a lazy river. Italso has other amenities for a nominal fee such as miniture golf, kids activities which my daughter loved (ie sand art, tye dyes shirts), arcade, and billard room.
As for the pool bar it was not that great nor was the worker there. When I tried to place an order for a pizza about 11:30 I was told to come back since the cook was late. (mind you this is the only item at the pool bar that needs to be cooked) I came back 45 minutes later and then was told by the same worker that the oven was broken and they were trying to repair it (guess he forgot his earlier story). Later that nite I called and asked if the oven had been working and the worker at the bar ( anew one) told me and was wondering what I had been talking about).
All in all the amenities here are great however the rooms are not that great nor the staff......I would maybe go here again since my daughter likes the pool area however if I were up to me I would go to World Quest, the rooms and patio are bigger, the patio furniture is better as the table holds more than one glass and they have more than two chairs, they are also cheaper. However, they do not have as many kids activities but the service there was exceptional and they do not try to persaude you to buy into the property.

• Liked — pool/kids activities
  • Disliked — pressure to attend time share
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

We stayed hear last week of June and we were very pleased with this resort. We always travel to Orlando and we have stayed at most major resorts and this one is right up with them: to an extent of course. I will start with the good First everything was immaculate, the rooms, the grounds the halls, everything. This to me is the first important thing. Second and just as important is the service, which also very good. Third was the location, right in the Disney grounds, you can’t beat that. I only have two things that where a problem. One since the resort is so big it takes a while to get the service. Example, which also includes my other problem. I kept having issues with my key, so when we called the front desk to send someone it took about 15 min, something like this wont happen in a resort like the Ritz. Other that bottom line is that it’s very well taken care of and in a very good location.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — time to get service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Louisville KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2007

We stayed at Bonnet Creek for three nights July 7-9. We left here and went to spend the rest of the week at Daytona Ocean Walk. We all (7 of us) had wished we had stayed at Bonnet Creek for the whole week. We arrived on Sunday morning around 9:30 am and our room was already ready for us! We were very impressed by that. The rooms were amazing!! We had a two bedroom, the master had a king size bed, and jacuzzi tub, and a standup shower, very nice, the 2nd bedroom had two full beds and just a regular bathroom. The kitchen was beautiful had everything needed to make dinner. The living room had TV and DVD player, and the couch wasn't the most comfortable but is wasn't horrible either. We didn't have much of a view, but the balcony was huge. After checking out the room the two men took a nap (from driving all night) because they were going to the race that night in Daytona. Us girls and the kids all looked around the grounds, and found out that there may be alligators in the pond and they ask you to please not feed them! The kids loved that and spent all afternoon looking for an alligator (they say they saw some, but us adults never did). We went for a swim in the pool and floated around the lazy river until around 3:30, we then went back to the room to get ready to visit downtown disney. Now a lot of reviews have complained about the shuttle service and though it was never late for us, we didn't like how they only pick up and drop off every two hours. Each time we used it we missed a bus by about half an hour, and had to wait an hour and a half for another bus, that was our only complaint. We had a nice evening at downtown disney and got back to the hotel and went swimming again. Had a nice nights sleep and then on Sunday we went to Disney World (magic kingdom), then back to the hotel for more swimming, and then on Monday went to Sea World and then swimming again. (you would think we went on vacation with some fish). Then sadly on Tuesday we had to get up and leave. We really wished we had stayed all week, the pool never felt crowded, and we loved the family feel of this place. It may not be a quiet romantic resort, but is great for familys. If you are worried about the timeshare presentation, you could do what we did. We told them we were to busy to do it until tuesday (the day we left), and scheduled it for like 9:00 am, (check out is 10:00), then got up and started packing and when they called us to see why we missed it we just told them we were to busy packing and were getting ready to check out, and they didn't really seem to care to much. All in all we loved Bonnet Creek and plan to go back hopefully in October for couple days before our cruise.

• Liked — The Pool, close to Dinsey World
  • Disliked — Shuttle Service
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2007

Yes, this is a newer resort and is fine-but not as amazing as others indicate- physically. However, it is a timeshare and you can NEVER forget it. We were duped into staying with Wyndham by agents who never revealed the time share element. After two and a half hours of an incompetent presentation by a new sales person (and with a screaming toddler) we were done and ready to leave. After politely saying no over seven times, we were thrown to the rudest "sales manager" ever. The way we were treated was unbelievable, as it we owed them something because we were there (we stayed longer than required and played nice.) The way we were treated by staff was so bad that I will NEVER stay in a Wyndham property again. I urge you to look elsewhere- there are many better deals and nicer proerties in Orlando. Life is too short to be treated like trash by people who are suppose to be treating you as a potential customer. There are huge problems in the timeshare business right now- the state attorney's office and Better Business offices know all about it. Trust me- go ahead and google Fairfield and Wyndham Resorts to find your own evidence.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — STAFF! They are the anti-customer service.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!