“Great Stay At Bonnet Creek” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off Discount
Ranked #89 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Island, New York
“Great Stay At Bonnet Creek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

First, full disclosure: I own a Wyndham timeshare at Star Island.
I stayed September 13-17, 2009, in room 407, Puerto de Leon building (to the right of the Lobby).
I arrived before check in time, and was told my room would be ready in about a half hour. I was then sent to another desk for my parking pass. Of course, the purpose is to get you to go on an "owner's update," for discount tickets or a $75 gift card. More about this later. Also, I was given a nice little welcome package with product samples.
I returned in a half hour, which was then the check in time of 4 pm. My room was not ready. I waited with some other people in the same situation. An employee came over and tried to expedite our rooms. So even though the room was late in being ready, I at least thought that my interests were being considered, and that is good service in my book.
The room was very nice. There is a dining area, a kitchen area with an island (not stone surface, but laminate-fro some people this is an issue), a living room with a sofa, chair, and coffee table, 25" tube TV (plenty channels), boom box, VCR, sliding glass doors to a patio with chairs, table, and light, a bedroom with an adjoining room with a sink and Jacuzzi, and a bathroom with 2 doors, glass shower stall. Plenty of closets, a safe, iron, vacuum cleaner, washer/dryer with 2 packs of detergent, etc.
The kitchen was fully equipped. Also, 2 bags of coffee, some sweetners, salt, pepper, a bag of microwave popcorn, a tub of Crystal Light.
Room was clean, my only complaint being that I had to wait for the "inspector" to clear the room, yet there was a sunflower seed on the floor in the middle of the living room. Not a big deal, but there it was.
I asked for a fireworks view, and that's what I got. Of course, 4th floor is not really high enough, but it was still impressive.
The resort facility is very nice. There is a billiard room, computer room with 4 computers, 2 hooked up to printers, mini golf--all free. There are also several pools, one water slide, and 2 lazy rivers. I found the pool/lazy river nicer near the new area, Torre de la Luna. Also, I was told at the owner's update that the new area will have a fantastic water park. Didn't look like enough area to me to build much, but maybe I'm wrong.
Ah, the owner's update. A promised 45 minutes. Nosurprise that they kept me there for 2 hours and 20 minutes until I finally pulled the plug. Very little "update," it's all about getting you to over-pay for more points. They had me down for paying $5,600 for my small timeshare. When I told them nope, I paid $100 on an auction site, the saleslady was shocked. Didn't stop her, though from trying to sell me about 3 times the points I bought for $100 at their "bargain" price of $20,000!
There are many activities offered, most for free, some for payments. There is a Monday morning welcome breakfast, which I missed due to the owner's update.
I would say Bonnet Creek was almost as good as my favorite place so far in Orlando, Orange Lake. Orange Lake's water parks are definitely better. But if Bonnet Creek puts in a competitive water park as they claim, you won't be able to beat Bonnet Creek. Beautful rooms, great resort with plenty to do, great location (practically around the corner from Typhoon Lagoon and Downtown Disney, 4 miles or so from the Vineland outlet mall, Walmart, etc.). Highly recommened!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

1,998 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
Signal Mountain, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Condo was wonderful!! Very clean and modern with LCD tv's in all rooms. Large master suite with big bathroom was very nice. Stayed in the main building and mostly used the main pool which is saltwater based instead of chlorine. The lazy river was awesome and so relaxing!! Location is wonderful for all the Disney stuff. I already miss this place!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The hotel was immaculate. The room was large and clean. They have two pools and a lazy river along with two jacuzzi's. They have a small restaurant by the pool and are building another bigger restaurant. Location is great. Close to disney land. The staff was extremely helpful. We got bit by a HUGE ant house and the ants traveled on the edge of the pool and across the wall. The staff took care of it immediately. If you rent a car take your own GPS. Traveling is a bit confusing. Be prepared for toll roads in your travels. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Wow. Where do I start?

OK, well the resort itself is amazing. Checkin was smooth and swift, I requested a specific building (which was a mistake - tell you about it later) and my request was granted, they gave me a lovely room overlooking the lake, swimming pool, and mini golf course. They did ask me to go to pick up my pass where they tried the usual sales thing, but I'd previously made my $100 by listening at another resort so told them I wern't interested. The resort is massive, so drove over to our block (Torre del Viento). Our accomadation - oh my god - beautiful. We had a 2 bedroom, fully stocked kithen, washer/dryer, dishwasher, everything was really nice.

The grounds of Bonnet Creek are beautiful, nicely maintained, nothing out of place. It has a great activity centre to keep the kids amused, they loved the arcade and snooker rooms, free Internet Access - a total of 4 PC's. Thier is a childrens play area which has a sandy ground.

Swimming Pools were fun - used the famous 'Lazy River', having never been in one before I thought this was really cool! Beach Towels were always plentiful.

Now for my choice of Building, without knowing what to expect, I went to check in and saw a beautiful building to my right and jus said, can I have that building over thier with a nice view, the woman said thats fine, and gave me what I asked for, Well, I didn't realise it was on the other side to the main entrance, and the whole hub of activity. So anytime I wanted to use the main pool, go to activities (which I did a fair bit with the kids) or use the internet, I had to walk allllllll the way round the lake. It wern't no big deal really, I would just rather had been right in the action. So if you stay thier I would say ask for building 1 or 4 as they are nearest to the activity centre, building 5 also has its own pool lazy river, and bar but didn't even reach over to that side of the resort! Building 2 (where I stayed) and building 3 have another kids pool with slide and hot tub, and also little bar but we didn't use this I we liked being near the activity centre and lazy river, so we would always walk round.

Building 6 is still underconstruction, and from what I've heard its gonna be like a whole resort witthin a resort - can't wait to check that out. You could hear the construction during the day, but it was no bother what so ever. Once Bonnet Creek has finished builiding I find it hard that anywhere else will beable to compete with this, it truly is one of the best resorts I've EVER stayed in.

Check out was easy - on request they even allowed me to check out @ 11.30 with no extra charge (or points). Did not even need to go to check out desk, just gave my pass back to the guys at the front.

This place is literally minutes from Disney. Bonnet provide a free shuttle service to all the parks inc downtown disney, if you want to go either Wet and Wild, Universal or 1 of the malls they do have a shuttle but thier is a fee - I think universals something like $12pp return. I did not personally use the shuttle but saw many people using it. I think they pick up from DownTownDisney as late as like 12.30am!!!

All in all loved my stay in Bonnet Creek. I will definetly return.

Please Note - You should really have a car if you stay here, as thier isn't any shops or restaurants around. If you don't have a car then use the shuttles to get to places where you can catch buses from (eg DTD carry buses that can take you most places) also go to Walmart before you start your break to stock up on groceries.

I would recommend that Wyndham build a bridge over the lake for easy connection to the other buildings/pools, and also making a man made beach would really also benefit this almost perfect resort.

Come here if you have children - they will love it!!

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Pineville, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

This was our family's second trip to a Wyndham Property and we were very impressed. We own so we know what to expect when we go. I scheduled my Ownership update for a time I knew we would be at a park. It was our family's first trip to Disney so we weren't there much but with a child who turned 3 while we were there being in the new building with a pool right outside it was worth it. Loved the Presidential Suite. Couldn't stay out the tub at night after long days at the Parks. Lots of events for the whole family everyday of the week.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Suburban Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Just returned from a great trip to Disney! We stayed at this resort using timeshare points. My parents, my husband and I, and our 2 young children all stayed very comfortably in a Presidential Suite in the Torres de Viento tower (across the lake from the main lobby).

We are very picky travelers and like to vacation in an atmosphere like our home. Our suite was wonderful -- 2,500 square feet with 2 master suites, 2 bedrooms, 4 full baths with granite, living room with large plasma tv and surround sound system, dining room, full kitchen and large balcony overlooking the lake. The unit was clean, beautifully decorated and comfortable.

Although we were not able to check-in until after 4:00 p.m. (even though we had requested an early check-in), the front desk was efficient and friendly. We were immediately accosted by the sales team and my parents did attend a meeting to learn about owner updates.

We had rented a crib through a local company (called My Baby's Best Friend, highly recommend) and the hotel had it waiting in the luggage room and sent right up to our room. The bellhop even kindly help me put it together (thank you Walter!).

The resort is in a really fabulous location -- so incredibly close to Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, etc. We did not take a shuttle bus to the parks, but instead drove our rental car. With 2 small children, we found this to be quicker and more convenient. When driving from the resort, we could be parked and walking/strollering to the tram in Magic Kingdom in about 10 minutes. It was so convenient that we would go to the parks early in the morning, return to the resort for afternoon naps and head back out to the parks again in the evening.

There are lots of programs and activities at the resort. You will receive a brochure with all of the times listed upon check-in -- some cute things for kids, although we spent almost all of our waking time away from the resort and did not attend any. There was a nice activities area with 4 computers that we used for printing our airline boarding passes.

Our complaints are few and minor, really not worth mentioning. The air conditioning ran constantly in the main living area and it was quite frigid -- even when we turned both thermostats off. The heavy unit doors echoed loudly throughout the halls and into our units. Also, the music from the pools was loud and could be heard in our unit even though we were on the penthouse floor (9th) and the band was across the lake. (We did not hear any construction sound during our stay.)

Our only real wish is that the hotel would have more restaurants and eateries on site. We ended up eating at off-site restaurants quite often, ordering pizza delivery to the front desk or making simple meals/breakfast in our kitchen.

All in all, we will return to Bonnet Creek for our next trip to Disney in several years. It was a great resort.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Stayed 1 week, if you stay here make sure you are in the main building. We ended up in the building farthest from the main building, over looking construction. Have to be at main building to catch a shuttle. It took a long time to get a bellhop/cart to get your luggage to the main building to check out and get a ride to the airport.The pool areas were nice, and they have a very small mini golf course that is free to play and other games that you could use. They also had movies outside on the lawn at night which was nice after a long day at Disney. Very clean, well stocked condo, people were very nice. Just request a condo closest to the main lobby to eliminate a lot of time and walking, since you will do enough of that in the parks.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!