“Beautiful resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #93 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, PA
“Beautiful resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Normally we stay at a Disney resort when in Orlando. A friend suggested the Wyndham Bonnett Creek and we loved it! The pools, lazy river and hot tubs were great. There are so many activities for families including volleyball, mini golf, arts and crafts and other planned activities. After a long day at the park it was nice to have a comfortable place to relax and unwind. The condos were roomy and it was nice to have a full kitchen. There is not cleaning surface, but there is a washer and dryer in each unit. One negative about staying here was getting to and from the parks. Their buses did not run at convenient times and so we mostly had to used taxis. If I stayed there again, I would definitely rent a car. As much as I liked the amenities and space, if you are going to the Disney parks, it is easier to stay on site, especially with the new FastPass program. Lastly, if you do decide to take part in the time-share sells pitch (I don't recommend it), be prepared to spend more than 2 hours and know it is high pressure even though they say it won't be!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (770)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

As with many others, we had called ahead requesting to be placed with the 2 other families in our party. No specific room, floor, or building requests, just wanted to be in the same building, preferably on the same floor as the people we were traveling with. As with many others, the 3 times we called before we left "no problem, you will be on the same floor of the same building - we've got your request in the system". The day we arrived, the room was not ready, but "I see you have a request to be placed near x and y. That won't be a problem - the rooms are being cleaned now.". When we checked in, we were on the opposite side of the complex from our friends, who were also in two different buildings.
Staff were very friendly, but tended to be very unhelpful, passing calls from one department to another until you reached a department that the people weren't there. Disney desk is not open in the evenings to help you plan, or the mornings before you go, but only during times you would be at disney. Restaurants were very pricey, difficult to call, would not accept phone orders, and the food quality was not what it should be for their price range. Pool towels are obtained with a $25 deposit, and if you return to the wrong building without your deposit ticket, you will not get your $25 back.

Water slides were fun and well maintained, and the pools were excellent and numerous. Suites were beautiful and very spacious. Playgrounds were excellent and handled crowds well. Location is phenomenal. We got to several of the parks faster than our fellow travelers who were staying at Disney hotels. Full kitchen was excellent and well stocked, and when our blender broke, they had a replacement to us in 30 minutes (once we reached the right department). Walmart was very close, and open 24 hours. Make sure your credit card company knows you're in Florida, because when you hit the Walmart after checking into Bonnet Creek, it will be late and they will be suspicious. *grin*

Do not expect to arrive early, or leave late. Do not expect any special favors or services of any kind. Do not expect to have any choice or say in your room. But enjoy the fabulous facility and location.

Room Tip: It won't matter. They will promise the world, and will not meet any of the promises.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hartwell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Me and two friends came on a guys trip to Braves spring training. My buddy, Matt, is the owner of property at Wyndham and received a phone call in February asking if they wanted to book any trips. He said that he wanted to stay at Bonnett Creek. Matt has stayed at Bonnett Creek several previous times.

We drive 9 hours to Orlando and arrive at Bonnett Creek at 9:30 p.m.. We are then told by the front desk that we have been transferred to the Best Western. We proceed to play a voicemail that was left earlier that day from the marketing person that originally called Matt back in February. The voicemail confirmed our reservation at Bonnett Creek. The front desk employees at Wyndham stated this was not enough confirmation that Matt had booked a reservation at Bonnett Creek.

We are then informed that both the resort portion and the hotel is booked full and we cannot stay at Bonnett Creek. They don't accept "walk ins" and we were considered a "walk in" even though we booked 6 weeks previously. Matt is then put on the phone with someone in the marketing department, which is based in Las Vegas. The lady in Las Vegas is extremely rude to Matt and refuses to make an attempt to rectify their mistake. She states that we will forfeit any money already paid if we don't stay at the Best Western.

The manager at Bonnett Creek eventually comes out and basically states that even though Bonnett Creek and the marketing department are both a part of Wyndham, they are separate entities and he has no control over their actions. He cannot put us in touch with anyone that has the authority to fix this mistake. He then tells us that they do have openings at the resort and will allow us to stay there. Of course, earlier we were told that there were not any openings at the resort. We think we are finally getting the situation resolved. We were very much mistaken. The manager was going to book us at the resort if we paid full price and he could not guarantee we would be reimbursed for the marketing package. This solution was unacceptable, we could not afford to pay twice for one vacation. It is approximately 12:30 by the time we leave Bonnett Creek.

We left with the understanding that the problem would be fixed in the morning. We thought the person that left the voicemail confirming the reservation would fix everything. Initially, She was very apologetic and promised to take care of it. We get a call around noon from her and she states that there is nothing she can do.

Long story short: terrible customer service after we were switched from a resort to Best Westerm without any previous notice. Reason for transfer is they claimed full booking. After much discussion we determined the resort was not full. All employees of Wyndham attempt to blame others and no one can fix our problem.

My friend is now considering selling his property at Wyndham. Needless to say, I will never stay here again and definitely not ever buy property through Wyndham.

Nothing against Best Western, but it is not a resort like we expected.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi Justin,

We are extremely disappointed in the situation you encountered upon check-in. We realize you scheduled your vacation with plans to enjoy our Bonnet Creek resort and amenities. Not receiving what you expected can be very frustrating. We assure you that we will do further research to see what happened to your reservation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can make this situation right.
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

While it is a beautiful place on the outside, the inside leaves a lot to be desired. My children and I visited there for a week on February 4, 2013 and stayed in Tower 5 Room # 1093. The views were beautiful and the kids enjoyed the lazy river. What we did not count on is the BED BUGS!! My children awoke the day after arriving with bites on them. Not thinking this was possible at such a nice place I tried to reason away what it may be. Even a trip to the front desk was dismissed with blaming the chemicals in the hot tub. Needless to say, the bites continued for the rest of the week. Housekeeping checked the beds but said they found nothing. After demanding a better search, an Engineer was sent up and they DID FIND BED BUGS in the head board of the bed my kids were sleeping in. We were told that they spray for bugs every month, however if that is the case, I would think there would not be so many reviews on here and on the Bed Bug Registry site stating many case of this at Bonnet Creek. Management pretty much brushed it under the carpet. Would not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hi Beth,

We know these concerns must have presented an extreme inconvenience during your visit. We take the health and comfort of each guest very seriously. Please rest assured that our properties work closely with environmental health professionals to effectively intervene and manage any potential infestations. We are looking into your specific issue and will be reaching out to further discuss your comments. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This place exceeded our expectations. This property has so much to offer. It has a high class of service for the traveler. I would recommend this place for anyone coming to stay in Orlando.

We had a 3 bedroom 2 bath presidential suite. It was a beautiful space and very comfortable. The balcony is huge!! The booking and reservation process was very easy. Final payment and check-in was convenient and everything was smooth.

The outdoor amenities were great! We utilized their concierge desk and booked the Discovery Cove activity. The property offers several great restaurants and we ate at all of them. They have a new sushi bar and we really enjoyed eating there. The restaurant is called Deep Blue and it is in the main lobby and really easy to get to.

I am so happy we stayed here. The convenience and close location to Disney World was the best we could ever have expected.

Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, girls getaway, people with disabilities.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a suite which is spacious and the full kitchen is great. And we faced the lake and pools but everything is soundproof, we didn't hear noise from outside or hall, or other suites. Great way to relax with choice of 5 pools and a few different restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just got back from 6 days staying at Bonnet Creek. We were considered Discovery owners because we had purchased points at a timeshare viewing in Las Vegas. We were located in a 2 bedroom in Tower 4, second floor facing the lake. Nice view no complaints there. The rooms were pretty nice, its a little bit smaller than another major timeshare resort in Orlando but in general it was Ok except the couch was very uncomfortable to relax on to watch TV or just sit around. Outside was beautiful and well kept. People were always working and always said hello. Checking in was very easy and they even let us in at noon the day we had arrived which was very considerate since we had been driving for 19 hrs. When we went to get our parking pass they offered me a $100 Amex card to take a survey, not a tour since I was already considered an "owner" Said it would only take a hour, i agreed. BIG MISTAKE. Let me first say that me and my husband were actually considering a purchase because I do not like staying in a hotel room for more than a couple of days at a time. Our survey was scheduled for the next morning. Not sure if they do it so fast thinking that nothing bad could happen on the 1st night or what the reason is. Well our first night didn't go so well. Someone decided it would be a good idea to waste their eggs and totally trashed our balcony, the one above us and the one next to us. Covered with about 6-10 smashed eggs. Not a really good impression for our first night. After talking to the other people who this happened to I called the front desk and they immediately sent housekeeping. She spent 2 hours scrubbing and did a wonderful job. Our appointment was right after this happened. I do not blame Wyndham for this happening but you definitely have to think twice before investing a large some of money. We had our "survey" which really was a sales pitch to upgrade and buy further into the timeshare. I explained that it was too bad that our meeting was on the first day since our only experience thus far was not good. Suggested that we come back and see them on Thursday at the end of our stay to see if it got any better. The very arrogant, smart *** Vincent tried to make me feel bad suggesting that he come in on his day off to talk to me. I never suggested that he come in, i only said I would like to wait until Thursday to make a decision. Guess he wouldn't get his commission that way. Loved his comment about us driving down to Florida from Ontario (almost everyone drives down on the March break) from Windsor. Guess he was trying to state that I couldn't afford to fly. Needless to say our sales pitch ended there when i told him we were no longer interested, initialed the denials and left. Because of this sales experience I will never stay at another Wyndham property again.

The overall experience was pretty good, just don't do the timeshare sales pitch. I realize these people have a job to do, I have been on these tours before, how do you think I ended up staying at Bonnet Creek in the first place but I have never left feeling insulted and mad as I did that day. I loved the part when I stated that it seemed kinda small for 6-8 people as advertised and they told me that only 4 really stay comfortably. We were 4 adults.

If you are staying at Disney it is a great location but if you plan on spending most of your time at Universal not a good idea. Find something closer to that park. The Drive down was always a pain.

Definitely bring your own shampoo and soap unless you want to smell like a pine car air freshner. (not a big deal, i prefer my own brands anyway)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!