We enjoyed WBC so much in October we decided to return again in April. Since it was my birthday and our anniversary (same day), we decided to splurge and stay at a presidential suite. All I can say is WOW! If we thought the standard suites are nice, the presidentials blew our ratings out of the water! From our quick, private check-in to granite countertops, no expenses was spared in making our stay absolutely fabulous ...
Room: Since all 2-BR presidentials are all located in Tower 6 and at least on the 9th floor or above, they are super quiet. The furnishings are absolutely gorgeous - dark cherry wood, granite countertops, etc. For the slight upcharge, it's WELL worth it!!! While our view wasn't grand (facing the parking lot/garage), it was quiet, private and away from crowds, so no biggie. Plus, we were able to see a bit of the fireworks when we leaned over our balcony. *bonus* The beds are super comfy, and the a/c works great - so long as you make sure you override the motion sensors.
Pool: While the pool and hot tub at Tower 6 was generally more populated than others, it was also the biggest, aside from the hotel pool, so we never felt "crowded." Note - unless your child is at least 48" tall, the pirate ship waterslide Gestapo will not allow passage, so don't even bother. You're allowed to check out as many towels as you like and exchange them for clean ones throughout your stay. Just make sure you return them so you're not charged.
Parking: We only had to park in the parking garage once during our 7-nt stay. Even then, it was no more than a 3-minute walk to the building.
Restaurant: We dined at the outdoor grill, and it was your typical sports bar fare. Nothing was spectacular but not bad either. We also dined at the deli next to the main resort entrance, and it was ok. VERY slow in delivery as there are only 2 attendants there - the cashier and the cook, and they have to cater to all the guests. I suggest going to 1 of the pool bars. You'll get quicker service and better food.
Activities: Since we're there for Disney World, we didn't participate in any of the resort activities and didn't really see many folks who did. Most activities (i.e., ice cream social, arts/crafts do have a charge).
Location: You can't possibly get better location to/from Disney parks than this ... unless you're staying onsite, of course. Otherwise, WBC is right in the middle of everything, and aside from AK, everything is <5 minutes away, and the drive is a piece of cake ... this is from someone who gets lost in my own backyard.
A few notes ...
1. Don't bother requesting rooms/locations/views, etc. WBC no longer honor any requests (nor do they even put it in their system).
2. Splurge a little and go for presidential suite. You won't regret it.
3. Have your groceries ordered and delivered before you arrive by Garden Grocers. It's the best thing we did. They have an agreement w/ WBC that they'll deliver before we arrive and leave it in WBC's cold storage, so as soon as we checked in, the bellhops brought up our groceries. Easy as pie. Saved us a TON of money.
4. There are 3 of us, and we go through a TON of laundry, and the 4 packets of detergent available were plenty to get us through the week.
5. There are plenty of extras in the suites that make your life easy ... dishwashing detergent, soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, small salt/pepper shakers, a few packets of coffee, coffee filters, tea, hot chocolate, etc. They think of everything here. Love it.
6. Make sure you override the a/c or place a helium balloon in the room; otherwise, it will stop working when there's no motion in the room.
Overall, we love this resort and would go back again and again.
Get a presidential suite. It's well worth the upcharge.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.