“Great stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Western Australia
“Great stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The room was a large two bedroom apartment and the beds were extremely comfortable. There was an ample stock of towels, toilet paper etc contrary to previous forum posts. Our room was extremely clean and we had everything we needed for a week long stay for a family of 5. I do think the service from reception was a bit average and rarely were contactable by phone. As for the time share part, we were approached at check in, and she was quite pushy. Once I firmly declined the offers of cheap Disney tickets etc (for our attendance at a time share presentation) we were not approached again, which we appreciated. So much for kids to do and the restaurants were great. Head over to the pizza and pool bar, Jim the bartender is so friendly and it is definitely service with a smile!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

2,001 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Took family here for a week via GETO (Government Employee Travel Opportunities). Normally stay at the Orbit One, a boring and nominal but always clean and uncrowded condo across from Sherberth Road. Many pluses, some minuses.

We came in at 1 PM after driving all night from Central PA. We checked in then. Couldn’t get the room, but did get in line. We used the pool, then took a monorail ride in Disney. Phone rang while we were in Disney, we returned. The scene was chaos. This is a huge resort, and the deal seems to be to back people up, frustrate them, and get them to agree to the timeshare presentation. Nasty stuff.

On the plus side: Personal situation only, mind you. I was put in a shorter line since I’d already signed in. They were handing us out pizza, which was cool. Took about fifteen minutes to get to the “parking pass” area. I’m assuming it’s my large, GI appearance and the room titled under “Sgt. ___,” but when I looked at her after 20 seconds of timeshare pitch and said “not interested, I want my room now,” I got a smile and my parking pass.

The room: Can’t say enough. I’ve read there were recent renovations to some rooms, I imagine we got one. The room was huge, the mattresses very, very comfortable, the carpets clean and must free, the kitchen beautiful. Best room I’ve ever had during a Disney condo experience. We had a semi-EPCOT view. Since I was paying GETO prices and almost every person in the place wanted a fireworks view, I’m just happy to have received one. We had to crook our necks a bit to see Illuminations completely, but no biggie. Also could clearly see Wishes. We almost like the nights we were in the room as much as the parks.

Location: Incredible. Now, we take our car, I can’t fathom being stuck to the shuttles (see “crowds” below). But we were anywhere we wanted to be in ten minutes. Actually getting a space was hairy at times, but as a bonus, we were in the building next to the parking garage, so even when slammed, all I had was a two minute walk from the garage.

Pools: Fantastic, but pathetically crowded. The good news was you could always find a pool that wasn’t wall-to-wall, but the kids wanted the fancy stuff. And that brings us to...

Crowds: We go in September because we don’t like crowds. This place was damned near capacity, mostly filled with people who came in free or very cheap in exchange for sitting through multiple timeshare pitches. They were loud, obnoxious, and pissed most of the time. We went in the lazy river one night when it was raining but no thunder. THAT was cool, as no one was there and it was so hot that the whole seen was pleasant and surreal. Other than that, it was an exercise in patience, as I tell my kids not to push, to wait their turn, and not hog lazy river tubes and the slide; all while they were being pushed, cut in front of, and denied lazy river tubes and slides.

Take on net value, it’s an eclectic selection of pools. We obviously liked the long lazy river best, but it’s a fascinating collection of aquatics. And we enjoyed the playground. I didn’t use them, but folks seemed to be enjoying the provided propane grills. Unlike other reviews on other sites, I never saw the propane run out. All-in-all, the facilities were great. Some of the people? Eh....

I’d stay here again, but I’d give my family the option to return to Orbit One. The pool isn’t fancy, the room is smaller and uncarpeted, and we can’t see EPCOT. But they might take the lower crowds.

Room Tip: Do your best to get an EPCOT view. Unless you have problems with mobility, don't listen to revie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before and love this resort although on our last stay this June our room was located near the garbage shut and the room did smell.The view of the parking garage wasn't the best and the garbage crew collecting the garbage each morning was annoying . On our last day we saw a cockroach in the bedroom.Our two other stays were in the hotel and we just loved it.All in all it is a very nice property close to all Disney has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here and requested a room overlooking the water. They didn't have one available, so they put us in a room they called " the presidential suite" and claimed it was the most favored tower (tower 6) and it was for VIP guests. I think the employees were trying to make us feel like we were getting a better room, than the waterfront room we wanted. First of all, the suite was the same set up as all the other rooms. And our room overlooked the parking lot and dumpsters. We could not even slightly believe that they considered our room and building as the VIP/ presidential area of the resort. We tried to make the best of it anyway. The pool near our building was packed with foreign tourists and there was nowhere to swim without getting crashed into by people. This is definitely a resort to go to if you have small children- not as a couples getaway. When we checked in to the resort, an employee tried to lure us into a timeshare agreement by offering a free breakfast. I almost committed to it because the employee had a heavy foreign accent and I had a hard time understanding what she was saying. When we saw they were trying to sucker us in, we quickly declined their free breakfast. The room was clean and had plenty of room. I would not recommend this place if you want a romantic getaway. It is better suited for Disney family tourists. Also, the shuttles that go into the parks are not complimentary either at this resort. There are many other hotels in the area that offer free shuttle rides into the park.

Room Tip: Try to avoid tower 6 (it overlooks dumpsters and parking lot). If you do get tower 6 then try to ge...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a great stay with Bonnet Creek. We stayed in Tower 5's Presidential Suite, had to reserve it a year in advance but was a nice stay. The furnishings were a tad old, but was clean and well stocked. We liked the pool area! 4 pools, 2 with water slides - a great time for the kids. Check-out is rather early, but if you work it right you can load your car, grab a swim bag and enjoy the pools. There are plenty of restrooms to change, even a pizza shack that smelled really good!

Room Tip: If you are looking to reserve one of the Presidential Suites, I heard Tower 6 had the best and most...
Plainfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Worst bed I ever slept in my life floors in room was not clean smelled really bad I didn't complain because they told me I couldn't get a refund it was Irreversible and that it wouldn't do any good the staff was not knowledgeable about the little thing and certainly not friendly,

colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The resort has all of the amenities that are depicted, however we had several problems. Our initial room overlooked the parking lot and trash receptacles. And along with it, we had live cockroaches. It took over 20 min for someone to attend to my initial call, and their solution was to spray the room and have us continue to reside in it. Needless to say, we requested a room AND building change - one that did NOT overlook the trash. It was fulfilled. In addition, we requested an extra blanket one evening and waited, after 4 hours and several subsequent calls, for the blanket to finally be delivered. This same scenario was repeated several days later when we requested fresh towels. When I placed the secondary call, I was told that they "encourage residents to wash their own." Also be aware that the $5 per day per person shuttle only runs until 7 pm. Plan on renting a car and parking at Disney. So, buyer beware. The rest of the complex is indeed beautiful and the restaurants and pools are very nice, but I will NOT be returning. Between the lack of response to the residents and the cockroaches, this is NOT the luxurious resort that is purported.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!