“glad to finally find this gem...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
15% Off Discount
Ranked #88 of 327 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albany
“glad to finally find this gem...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We didnt stay in the hotel part but stayed next door in Tower 6 2 br condo...loved it~ Would go back in a heart beat. I made the mistake by getting too many days at the disney parks and wish we had spent more time here...Beautiful grounds, condo was soo clean and cant say enough postitive things~ Highly recommend

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

2,053 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
Caledon, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My family and I have stayed at Bonnet Creek Resort 3 times now, and we have enjoyed all our stays. This time we were back in a standard 2 bdrm deluxe (building 4) and I was happy to see they have replaced some of the older furnishings. The place was very clean and had all the things one could ask for in a home away from home. We have stayed in the 3 bdrm deluxe unit as well as the four bdrm presidential, our view in the presidential was outstanding of course! but it seams whenever we are in the deluxe units..its parking lot views (always) I asked for a higher up room and was placed on the 7th floor (not so high in my opinion) but on a positive note we were able to check in an hour early and our room faced Epcot and we were just able to see a bit of the fireworks.. As a returning guest I wouldn't mind a nicer view. None the less we will continue going to BCR until something better comes along, and it would have to be great in order for us to go elsewhere, You just can't beat the amenity's at this resort and the location! fantastic!! One more thing the staff here are super friendly and are always there to help and answer questions. Keep up the good work BCR! see you next year!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have stayed here now 3 times. We have stayed in towers 5 and 6 and they were great. New, well appointed units. This year we were in tower 2 and it was very tired. The furniture was quite "well used". The coffee machine was missing and it took them almost an hour to bring us another and we waited over an hour for the pack and play even though we had called ahead that day and asked for it to be in the room. The resort is very well located and the pools are excellent with a heated lazy river and a separate splash pad area for small children. In towers 5 and 6 the internet was good but in tower 2 it was very slow and very difficult to get on. A bonus is you can buy your Disney park tickets on site. But watch out for the time share folk - we ended up attending and they were very tenacious to the point of annoyance. The other think to know is that there really is no restaurant on site so after a day at the park you need to stop en route back fro dinner or cook dinner in your unit. In summary if I had never experienced tower 2 I would have rated this resort as excellent, obviously since I have been there 3 times. I will return but insist on tower 5 or 6.

Room Tip: ask for tower 5 or 6 and for pool side (not parking lot side)
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We spent 2 weeks at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a 3 bedroom unit renting points. The room was clean with the only problem being a chair with some wear on it. We had a great fireworks view from Tower 4. The grounds were always spotless and there is so much to do between pools, lazy rivers, splash pads, playground, minigolf, movies and kids activities. We spent a day just lazing around the resort and many evenings in the pool or walking around the lake. It was very quiet and we couldn't hear our neighbors at all. Everything in the unit worked well and the condo was very large so we had plenty of room to spread out. The location is great, convenient to Disney as well as I-4 to get to Universal or SeaWorld. We never had problems with finding a parking spot in the garage. The shuttle wasn't great but we only used it twice. The onsite restaurants close VERY early so that was a disappointment but there are many restaurants that deliver. We fully enjoyed our stay and will do so again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
midland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My Family of four ( 2 kids 14, 12) enjoyed a great Christmas week at Bonnett Creek. We stayed in a three bedroom Presidential unit ( thought we would treat ourselves)

The unit was in building 6 on the 14th floor. Unfortunately, we only had a view of the parking lot, but none the less we rarely sat on the balcony as it is a bit cool in the evening in December and morning coffee was a bit brisk as well.

The room was very spacious! Easily could have had two more people and been more than comfortable. Eight might become a bit of a squeeze.

The lake was a very nice centre piece of the resort with the path around it. We didnt really partake in any resort activities but did use the pools, ping pong table and mini golf course. It was surprising that there is no basketball court or hoop anywhere to be found at a resort this large.

Did not use the availalbe shuttle to the attractions although that is a nice feature to have access to. Traffic in and out can be a bit tough to deal with but having our own car allowed us to come and go on our own schedule.

We would definitely look to go back

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
St. Paul - Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This may as well be on Disney as it is closer to the parks than many of Disney’s own properties. We truly wished we would have planned on spending more time at the resort then we did. They have several great pools with themed waterslides and a lazy river as well as two dedicated little kid water areas. Their kids programs were great and our kids really had fun at them.

The unit (2 br, 2ba, full kitchen, dining room, with wash/dry) was new and very quiet. We could see Disney fireworks from our balcony every night, really fun.

Small but very convenient grocery store is onsite in case you forgot something at the nearby Target/Wal-Mart. Bars and foodservice is available around the pools and you can use the lakeside walkway to get to the nearby hotels and eat at their restaurants.

The shuttle was very convenient and it only took 10 min or so to get to most of the parks. We came back for lunch several days, but if you’re going to the Magic Kingdom opposed to the other 3 parks, going back for lunch at the unit is not practical. Even though the shuttle drops you off at the front gate, you need to take the Disney monorail or ferry into the park, which takes about 20-30 min, so its impractical to leave the MK park for lunch.

Can’t imagine staying anywhere else if you’re going to Orlando.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
PHILADELPHIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Beautiful resort, with lots of neat pools, good view and very nice location. Odd distribution of staff. There will be 5 or 6 people welcoming you in the lobby, but nobody answerd the front desk phone when my poor teenager on the first afternoon realized there was NO toilette paper anywhere in the unit. It was all going great until...cue the sinister music...I needed a parking pass. Thats when we fell into the rabbit hole, or Dr Evil's trapdoor to the alligator pit.
It started with a friendly lady at the front desk helping me get some discounted tickets, asking me about my kids and what they love to do. Nice right? To get the discounted tickets they asked that my wife and I go to a "nice breakast seminar that will be over at 9:15 or 9:30 and then we can take my 3 kids to Legoland". We were suspicious but felt "why not, we gotta eat and the kids can get up and get ready by 9:30 and we'll go then."
HA! It started with a friendly message that night on my phone to remind me..ok. Then at 7 am they CALLED MY ROOM to make sure I was awake for the seminar...ok now its getting weird and invasive...went downstairs to my "nice breakfast" and was assigned a personal manager to guide me through my morning. Nice guy, really, he was terrific, professional and knowledgable, like a smart friendly older neighbor. But his job was to take my wife and I into this creepy, televangelistic room where the smooth talking seminar leader ( think Bob Jones in Guyana) kept looking at my tag and using my name. Then he told me how I must feel guilty about how I work too much, my children must cry at night because Im never home and never take vacation. Then proceeded to tell me how Wyndom Club would "change my life."
"Today is the Day" was the title...he then went on to tell me about his poor mother's cancer, his lonely crying children, his father 's realization that Tennessee was just like Korea and his bad sex life because the kids slept in the same room on vacation. Wait..I said Tennessee was like Korea.
Anyway, while I ripped my gas station donut from its plastic bag ( that was the nice breakfast) my wife and I were able to survive the attempted brainwashing by joking about OUR version of the seminar entitled "THIS is the day to take your own life......( next slide).....into your hands"!

Ready to go get my kids who are ready to go by 9:30 right? Wrong. Now the quick tour, then into a room with "mangers who would like to talk w me briefly before i get my tickets."
My "guide" Mark was so good, and so helpful and smart that I actually, despite the creepy presentation, got me interested in what seems like a pretty good deal, with nice properties and good prices. We were going over the options, and he knew we were not going to do anything that day, but we were actually quite interested in the product. We would look it over when we got home and would have bought something that fit our needs...BUT NOOO! The Upper manager needed me to do it TODAY! When we said no it got grim. Mark seemed genuinely sorry for us, and by now its 10:45 and my kids are still waiting for us to go to Legoland..wait, wasnt the entire presentation about how I needed to spend more time w my kids on vacation? And we were sitting in a timeshare presentation while my hungry kide were sitting in the room covered in sunscreen waiting for us? "How ironic" as Alanis says. I finally lost it and said "i want to leave, now" ...one more manager, one more thing to sign off of before I get my tickets...wow. I paid for those tickets many times over w that one.....just BEWARE! Come to the property, have fun, but avoid "big brother Wyndham" at all costs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!