“Nice resort, good location...HARD SELL timeshare selling ruined it for us.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #88 of 329 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
PHILADELPHIA
“Nice resort, good location...HARD SELL timeshare selling ruined it for us.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Beautiful resort, with lots of neat pools, good view and very nice location. Odd distribution of staff. There will be 5 or 6 people welcoming you in the lobby, but nobody answerd the front desk phone when my poor teenager on the first afternoon realized there was NO toilette paper anywhere in the unit. It was all going great until...cue the sinister music...I needed a parking pass. Thats when we fell into the rabbit hole, or Dr Evil's trapdoor to the alligator pit.
It started with a friendly lady at the front desk helping me get some discounted tickets, asking me about my kids and what they love to do. Nice right? To get the discounted tickets they asked that my wife and I go to a "nice breakast seminar that will be over at 9:15 or 9:30 and then we can take my 3 kids to Legoland". We were suspicious but felt "why not, we gotta eat and the kids can get up and get ready by 9:30 and we'll go then."
HA! It started with a friendly message that night on my phone to remind me..ok. Then at 7 am they CALLED MY ROOM to make sure I was awake for the seminar...ok now its getting weird and invasive...went downstairs to my "nice breakfast" and was assigned a personal manager to guide me through my morning. Nice guy, really, he was terrific, professional and knowledgable, like a smart friendly older neighbor. But his job was to take my wife and I into this creepy, televangelistic room where the smooth talking seminar leader ( think Bob Jones in Guyana) kept looking at my tag and using my name. Then he told me how I must feel guilty about how I work too much, my children must cry at night because Im never home and never take vacation. Then proceeded to tell me how Wyndom Club would "change my life."
"Today is the Day" was the title...he then went on to tell me about his poor mother's cancer, his lonely crying children, his father 's realization that Tennessee was just like Korea and his bad sex life because the kids slept in the same room on vacation. Wait..I said Tennessee was like Korea.
Anyway, while I ripped my gas station donut from its plastic bag ( that was the nice breakfast) my wife and I were able to survive the attempted brainwashing by joking about OUR version of the seminar entitled "THIS is the day to take your own life......( next slide).....into your hands"!

Ready to go get my kids who are ready to go by 9:30 right? Wrong. Now the quick tour, then into a room with "mangers who would like to talk w me briefly before i get my tickets."
My "guide" Mark was so good, and so helpful and smart that I actually, despite the creepy presentation, got me interested in what seems like a pretty good deal, with nice properties and good prices. We were going over the options, and he knew we were not going to do anything that day, but we were actually quite interested in the product. We would look it over when we got home and would have bought something that fit our needs...BUT NOOO! The Upper manager needed me to do it TODAY! When we said no it got grim. Mark seemed genuinely sorry for us, and by now its 10:45 and my kids are still waiting for us to go to Legoland..wait, wasnt the entire presentation about how I needed to spend more time w my kids on vacation? And we were sitting in a timeshare presentation while my hungry kide were sitting in the room covered in sunscreen waiting for us? "How ironic" as Alanis says. I finally lost it and said "i want to leave, now" ...one more manager, one more thing to sign off of before I get my tickets...wow. I paid for those tickets many times over w that one.....just BEWARE! Come to the property, have fun, but avoid "big brother Wyndham" at all costs.

1,834 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

we stayed at this resort several times over the years. It is clean and comfortable. there are fireworks at 9pm each night (you see the disney fireworks).there are many organized activities. the pools are great and warm and many have lazy rivers and zero entry access. chairs and tables are plentiful. It is close to everything, including I-4 to tampa (with no traffic, less than one hour away if you venture to Busch gardens.)The security is top notch.There are even barbecues and all the tools you need to make a nice meal. all members of my family find it a great place to relax and enjoy. Advise you to bring own toiletries, since there is only a "starter" pack in your unit. There is free internet access.the rooms were clean and well appointed. The location can't be beat-although now there is a charge for the disney shuttle so it might be more economical to park(but then you will have to wait for the shuttle to the front gate-how valuable is your time?)we love this place.

Room Tip: ask if possible to have a fireworks view.
ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe from March 9-16. We loved the resort and it met all our needs. We were in a recently renovated room with a 2nd floor parking lot view in building 2. We had been hoping for a pool or lakeview room but since rooms are first come, first served and we arrived at 10pm on Saturday evening, that is all that was available. View is important to us but we found the room to be beautiful on the interior and quiet. The beds were excellent.

The resort is clean and well-maintained with nice landscaping. The pools were heated to a comfortable temperature and we were able to swim even when it was cool and raining. The hot tubs were warm but could have been warmer. We never had an issue getting tubes for the lazy rivers. My boys 5 and 9 loved the pirate theming at the pools. The younger was too short for the slides but the older enjoyed them. There is a lifeguard at each slide but they were not particularly attentive - we thought one was sleeping one day. The playground has that new springy (foam-based?) flooring which was very nice. There were lots of activities. Our primary purpose was Disney but we felt we could come to the resort and spend the week there. Some activities and amenities include billiards room, volleyball, arcade, face painting, minigolf, playground, make your own sundaes, movie on the lawn, ping pong, trivia games, bingo, and balloon animals.

The resort takes steps to be environmentally friendly - watering with reclaimed water, environmentally friendly detergents, etc. Two of the pools are salt water, rather than chlorine. The elevators were fast and we never had to wait. The resort did not feel crowded and we never had an issue finding parking close to the building. There were lots of loungers.

There are a few dining options on site when the restaurants of the Wyndham Grand are included. On the warmer days, every pool had a bar open and they seemed to serve food too. The pricing is comparable to a Westin or Sheraton. I had a regular coffee (Starbucks) and a Krispy Creme doughnut from the Barista coffee stand at the Grand and it was $5.25. Otherwise, we ate off-site or in our room.

Driving to the Disney parks was very fast and easy and the resort has a much better location to the Disney parks than some of the Disney resorts. However, I was not anticipating the traffic issues we encountered trying to get to the Crossroads restaurant area, which, aside from Downtown Disney, is the closest restaurant area. We tried 3 different routes to get there and encountered traffic with each route at different times. Driving anywhere from the resort involves driving on highway type roads.

Service: The resort is a timeshare property and I was prepared for that in advance and knew that there was a form to fill out to get the parking pass from the timeshare people. I still found it unpleasant. We had little interaction with staff other than check-in. There were no trash bags in our unit. A phone call was answered and they bought some up quickly. The next day, I realized that the stove was not working. It took multiple calls to the front desk before anyone would answer. I finally called the concierge to try to find someone to talk to but was transferred to a line that was never answered. When I finally spoke with someone, a repair person arrived an hour later and was very personable. The problem was quickly fixed as it was that the cleaner had disconnected the burners when cleaning between guests and forgot to reconnect it. The dishwasher did not clean the dishes properly even when I used a Finish tab I'd brought from home.

Overall, this was a great stay and we would return. The spacious suite was very enjoyable, the grounds and amenities were enjoyable and relaxing, and the proximity to Disney was outstanding. It was great value.

Room Tip: Arrive earlier in the day for more room selection. Rooms are assigned based on what is available at...
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This resort exceeded my expectations. I can't think of one thing I didn't like or enjoy or anything they could have added to make our experience better.

Walking around the man make lake area, you come across restaurants, pools, mini golf, lazy river, barbeques, nice sitting areas, a spa, hot tubs ....and all while having music played to you through mini speakers set in the grass. It all added to your enjoyment.

Really close to Disney with very good shuttle service... although I did find that the 12 am pickup from Downtown Disney on New Years Eve as very strange considering it was the last shuttle of the night to be odd... but thats a very small thing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed at this resort twice now through RCI exchanges and it is one of the best resorts I have ever traded for. On this visit we arrived 4 hours before check-in time. The lady at the front desk pre-registered us since there were no rooms available at that time. She took my cell phone number and called me as soon as a room was available. We requested a fireworks view room and our request was honored with no problem. We had a two bedroom unit in tower 3 overlooking the lake and the rest of the property. The unit itself has everything you could possibly want - plenty of towels and a fully furnished kitchen in case you have a crazy desire to cook while you're on vacation. We had breakfast in our room every morning before hitting the Disney parks.

The grounds are amazing at this resort. There is a pathway that goes around the lake so you can walk (or heaven forbid run! I saw people running around the lake and could not imagine still having that much energy leftover after a full day walking around a Disney park!) around the lake in the cool mornings or evenings. There are pools everywhere. We took advantage of a lazy river and hot tub one morning before all the families with kids were up and about. We had the entire pool area to ourselves and it was awesome. The lazy river was a bit on the cool side early in the morning but the hot tub afterwards was a delight!

We had late night appetizers at the BB Bar one night after a long day at the theme parks. This is the only negative thing I could say about the resort. The food at the bar was pretty bad. My husband said his wings were great but my chicken quesadilla and my mom's nachos were not stellar.

Best part about this resort? Free shuttle service to all Disney parks! And not just the once in the morning, once at night shuttle service that other area hotels offer. These shuttles run continuously all day and night. We never had an issue being able to catch a shuttle back from the parks when we wanted to leave. Plus when you're on Disney property, all their buses are free so if you miss the last bus from Hollywood Studios to your resort you can hop a Disney bus to Magic Kingdom and catch your resort shuttle from there. The shuttles were very convenient and saved us the $14/day Disney parking fee.

The location can't be beat - the closest you can stay to Disney World without staying at an actual Disney resort. Very close to Downtown Disney and a short drive from the Orlando Premium Outlets. When I'm booking a trip to Orlando I plan it around availability at this resort!

Room Tip: Request a fireworks view room - the resort is close to Epcot and we were able to watch the Illuminat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Opelika, Ala.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very nice resort. The location is as good as it gets for a Disney vacation stay without staying in a Disney property. Resort was first class. Units was very nice and well equipped with enough supplies to last the entire week. Overall the size of the units were a bit smaller than others I have stayed at in Orlando area but were sufficient. The Front Desk and Check-in experience was very efficient with one issue. After checking in they want you to go to another desk to pick the parking pass, which is intended to have you solicited to a sale presentation. If you fIrmly and politely tell them your not interested (if you aren't), you can get your pass and be on your way. Otherwise, a great place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had written a previous review of BCR. Due to some items that I wanted to edit, I had to pull the review. This is a new review which will include a few comments regarding an issue that needed to be resolved.

THe resort is beautiful and services families very well. There are many pools, playgrounds, miniature gold (which is under construction) lazy rivers etc..Service around the resort is wonderful and quick. The resort is very close to Disney World. The resort provides transportation to DW for $5.00 per person round trip. This is only good if you have two or less people in your party. Otherwise, parking at DW is cheaper plus you have your car.

Check-in was quick. and I was only asked two times to attend an update. Being Wyndham owners for many years we know what to expect from Wyndham. Transportation is usually provided for no charge, mid week clean and tidy (they come in change bedding, empty trash and change out towels) happens. This resort in the clean and tidy is different. They promised to do it but never provided the service even after contacting the front desk daily from wednesday on. We were always promised the next day but never happened. Finally in frustration I called and asked for the manager on duty. He stated if he had known..well you know the rest of the story. They finally showed up the day before we were scheduled to leave and I told them forget it . Why bother now.
The rest of the activities here have been awesome. I would not let this change your mind regarding staying here. Just make sure if you're Wyndham owners that you contact the manager the moment their promise is broken. Otherwise, have fun and enjoy the resort.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!