“Top of the line!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #93 of 328 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Hope, Pa
“Top of the line!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had a timeshare exchange to Bonnet Creek. What a beautiful place! Our 2 bedroom 2 bath accomodations were top of the line. You could not wish for anything nicer. The resort has many pools and fun slides and lazy rivers. Stayed on the 8th floor of building one overlooking the lake with fountains and at night, we were able to watch the fireworks at Epcot from our balcony. Since this is a resort on Disney property, there were buses taking you to any attractions at Disney World all day. The swimming pools were heated and plenty lounge chairs around to use. We also played miniature golf which was free at the resort. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Liked — spacious, upper class
  • Disliked — nothing, really
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Where to start, this place is HUGE. There are 6 buildings in this resort with an additional building being the actual Wyndham Grand hotel.

Some observations:

1. This is a timeshare, plain and simple. If you know that up front it helps temper your expectations. You only get sporadic maid service (I think 1x per week) and the actual hotel amenities are a little bit harder to come by. There are restaurants and a spa in the complex but they are a hike. On the flip side you get large rooms, a huge tub in the master bath, a full kitchen with a large kitchen table and all the basic cooking hardware. The room was very adequate to stay in as a timeshare.

2. Check in was easy for me. They gave us a room in tower 4 which was not the best. If I go again I would ask for tower 6 as it's the newest. Since I don't own a timeshare here that may have been part of the reason. Tower 6 and tower 1 are close to the bus stops, although tower 4 was about equal to either stop. You do have to go to the timeshare sales desk to get a parking pass. JUST SAY NO if you are not interested in the pitch. They are good at selling and will try to work around any arguments you give. I told them my baby had pooped. That worked, but I was holding a smelly baby so I kind of had the upper hand there. I'm not sure who won in the end...

3. The buses to the parks were adequate and on time. Note that if you are going to magic kingdom the bus does drop you off at the ticket & Transportation center and not directly at the park. You must take the monorail or the ferry to the park from there. If you plan on making it in time for park opening you must be on a bus that leaves an hour before park opening. In our case the 8am bus got us there in time for 9am opening at Magic Kingdom. Another hint, the bus picks up at tower 6 first, so it may be almost full when it comes around to the tower 1 stop. It also drops off at tower 6 first on the way back to the resort.

4. The property is very large an navigation can be confusing. The hotel staff didn't really know even where to send us one night when we were looking for dinner. The place can be a maze and the maps they gave are too basic to show how to get from A to B. I consider myself pretty smart and good at navigating but I even had trouble figuring out where to go. The paths twist and turn and sometimes dead end at a locked door so you may have to retrace your steps and pick another way.

5. The Elevators are fast. Don't worry about staying on a high floor. Now, I didn't check the other buildings but I assume this applies to all. The newer buildings (4,5,6) are about 2x as high as the first buildings (1,2,3).

6. The pools at building 6 and between buildings 2 & 3 have waterslides. The height for the waterslide at building 6 is 48 inches and was strictly enforced. The signs at the other waterslide also say 48 inches but didn't seem to be as strictly enforced. We were told by the lifeguard to take our 47 inch tall daughter to the other slide as she would be allowed. The pools at building 5 and the check in center have lazy rivers with tubes. The kids enjoyed them.

7. The spa is located inside the Wyndham Grand Hotel and is called Blue Harmony Spa. I had trouble locating the name before we went! They have a website so you can look it up.

8. There are bars at building 4, building 6, and the Wyndham Grand hotel. You can order limited food at the building 4 bar (called Escudos Bar) and there is a full menu at the bar/restaurant at the Wyndham Hotel (called Back Bay). There is also a fancy seafood grill at the hotel called Deep Blu and a coffee shop that serves Starbucks. Also, there is a pizza place by the pool between buildings 2 and 3

9. Our hallway smelled like cigarette smoke during our stay. We figured this was because the exit stair is open to the outside and the little balcony this creates seems to smokers like a good place to smoke.

10. There were lots of activities going on. If you can take a break from Disney during the day you could have a great time staying at the hotel and doing a fraction of the things they have for the guests.

11. There are lots of nice large grills outside by the lake. You can grab a huge steak and grill to perfection with a beer in one hand and your spatula in the other. I saw a worker cleaning the grills until shiny one morning and they looked very fancy and clean.

11. Target is about 7 miles by car on US 192 at US 429. It is a SuperTarget so they have groceries, beer, wine, and everything else you could need (bottled water?) Everything is cheaper at Target. Everything. They even have cheaper Disney souvenirs you can trick your kids with.

Overall we had a great stay at the Bonnet Creek Resort. I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews here but we found a huge, clean, well featured resort. I hope you find some of these tips helpful!

Room Tip: Elevators are fast so don't be afraid of a room high up. You may see some fireworks form one of...
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort is managed by very unscrupulous individuals. The website portrays very pleasant rooms overlooking a lake and nightly Disney Fireworks. They offer a standard accommodation called the 'Deluxe' and a premiere accommodation called the 'Presidential'. Beware if renting a single bedroom Presidential unit you will not see a lake or fireworks. In fact these look over:
1. a parking garage with large noisy cooling fans
2. a series of dumpsters which the workers congregate around for smoke breaks
3. and the bus route for transport to Disney

The room it self is nice but run down (not very presidential) the furniture is scratched and the outlets are filled with lint. A look around the kitchen found a pubic hair on the salt and pepper shaker.

Beware of the staff, maintenance people have master keys to all the rooms and can and do enter without your knowledge. They came into my room, found some alcohol, drank it and let their tools behind. I reported it to security and management and was told I could not prove it. Unfortunately I had to call the local Police to get it documented. I let the manager know I will be pursuing this 'break-in' to the full extent of the law. Too bad for them.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We got a great deal on this resort through travelzoo. Somewhat apprehensive because it is a timeshare property. However, we had absolutely no problems during our stay. The check-in was a breeze. We asked for a first floor unit near the pool and the we got exactly what we wanted in building number 5. Most people may want a higher floor because of the view but, for us, the convenience of the first floor unit was ideal. My husband was directed to another desk for the "parking permit" and the time share talk. But we never went to any presentation. We did receive a few phone calls during the early morning and the evening. Solved that problem by unplugging the phone. The unit was extremely clean and had everything we needed to start off our six day stay (shampoo, paper towels, garbage bags, dishwasher soap and laundry detergent). We visited the local Publix grocery store for more supplies. The Bonnet Creek Resort is a very large resort with 6 high rise towers. During the last week of January it was not very crowded or at least not that crowded at the pool! We were able to swim everyday of our visit and lay in the sun. The restaurant/bar at the pool served very tasty food and not that expensive (at least by Disney standards). We planned on spending a couple of days in the park but this resort was so nice that we ended up only going one evening to Disney! We saved a lot of money here buying our own food. It seemed like a lot of older people stay here and then bring their kids and grandkids to "enjoy" Disney while spending time at the resort. The resort does not have daily housekeeping but with just the two of us and our own laundry in the unit we didn't feel the need for any extra housekeeping. My husband and I have been visiting Disney for over 30 years and since the advent of the Disney dining program we can't imagine how families can plan their meals. For example, we went to the coffee shop in the Polynesian at 9 pm on a Sunday night and were told that there was a 45 minute wait for walk-ups! At the coffee shop! I guess if you don't reserve where/when you want to eat months in advance you are out of luck! That is why a property like Bonnet Creek is so attractive to me. At least you can eat some of your meals without planning months and months in advance. We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: Ground floor has good access to pool. Higher floors more privacy better view,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Odenton, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My son and I just returned from a 5 day stay here and we both felt the same way upon leaving...did anyone care about us? This is a huge resort with lots of activities, but where are the staff? The only members of the staff that we saw on a regular basis were the grounds and repair crews. They were also the only ones that seemed to have any interest in being of service to the guests. The front desk staff were not only rude but at times seemed put out. At a resort of this size, you need a massive staff available. We had so many questions and no one to ask. There is mini golf here but no one to tell you where to get the equipment. There are multiple bars but no one around to staff them. They have stores on property but they always seemed closed. It was as if the staff just checked out. On another note, the rooms were very clean, large and well equipped. The pools were many and options varied. But again, with only a hastily marked map from the front desk, you had to do a lot of self exploration to find each one and their facilities. Overall, this resort was well located and had lots of recreation options but it just seems poorly run. It is well located for Disney trips and excursions to other parks. It just left a bad taste in our mouths. We would not stay here again unless we needed the space and the cost was low.

• Stayed January 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We are here right now again, in the midst of a 12 day Disney vacation. We stayed our first night at Art of Animation since we added an extra day at the front end of our vacation. We did not like that experience and we were glad to move to WBC.
Wyndham Bonnet Creek is awesome. We had a two bedroom deluxe unit to accommodate our family of six. The rooms was awesome and the amenities are top notch. If this resort were a Disney property, they would charge 4-5 times the cost. Instead, we booked through Vacation Strategies LLC and paid about $110/night, no fees or taxes. Highly recommend VS if you are looking to book as their prices are always the best of any timeshare reseller.
We were not bothered once by the timeshare sales team. At check in I frankly told them that I was here for a vacation and would not attend a sale presentation. He handed me the parking pass and said, "Have a great vacation." No phone calls; nothing.
Can't wait to come back here for our next trip. We've stayed all over Orlando and we can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Towers 5 and 6 are the newest in the timeshare area. Tower five has the lazy river and is a quick w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This resort was beautiful!! I have stayed here twice on 2 different occasions and have been very impressed both times. The staff is very helpful and answered any questions or requests I had. If you have the opportunity to stay here I would highly recommend it. Pools are beautiful, might have to go down early during busy times of the year to get seats, but not that big of a hassle.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!