Where to start, this place is HUGE. There are 6 buildings in this resort with an additional building being the actual Wyndham Grand hotel.
1. This is a timeshare, plain and simple. If you know that up front it helps temper your expectations. You only get sporadic maid service (I think 1x per week) and the actual hotel amenities are a little bit harder to come by. There are restaurants and a spa in the complex but they are a hike. On the flip side you get large rooms, a huge tub in the master bath, a full kitchen with a large kitchen table and all the basic cooking hardware. The room was very adequate to stay in as a timeshare.
2. Check in was easy for me. They gave us a room in tower 4 which was not the best. If I go again I would ask for tower 6 as it's the newest. Since I don't own a timeshare here that may have been part of the reason. Tower 6 and tower 1 are close to the bus stops, although tower 4 was about equal to either stop. You do have to go to the timeshare sales desk to get a parking pass. JUST SAY NO if you are not interested in the pitch. They are good at selling and will try to work around any arguments you give. I told them my baby had pooped. That worked, but I was holding a smelly baby so I kind of had the upper hand there. I'm not sure who won in the end...
3. The buses to the parks were adequate and on time. Note that if you are going to magic kingdom the bus does drop you off at the ticket & Transportation center and not directly at the park. You must take the monorail or the ferry to the park from there. If you plan on making it in time for park opening you must be on a bus that leaves an hour before park opening. In our case the 8am bus got us there in time for 9am opening at Magic Kingdom. Another hint, the bus picks up at tower 6 first, so it may be almost full when it comes around to the tower 1 stop. It also drops off at tower 6 first on the way back to the resort.
4. The property is very large an navigation can be confusing. The hotel staff didn't really know even where to send us one night when we were looking for dinner. The place can be a maze and the maps they gave are too basic to show how to get from A to B. I consider myself pretty smart and good at navigating but I even had trouble figuring out where to go. The paths twist and turn and sometimes dead end at a locked door so you may have to retrace your steps and pick another way.
5. The Elevators are fast. Don't worry about staying on a high floor. Now, I didn't check the other buildings but I assume this applies to all. The newer buildings (4,5,6) are about 2x as high as the first buildings (1,2,3).
6. The pools at building 6 and between buildings 2 & 3 have waterslides. The height for the waterslide at building 6 is 48 inches and was strictly enforced. The signs at the other waterslide also say 48 inches but didn't seem to be as strictly enforced. We were told by the lifeguard to take our 47 inch tall daughter to the other slide as she would be allowed. The pools at building 5 and the check in center have lazy rivers with tubes. The kids enjoyed them.
7. The spa is located inside the Wyndham Grand Hotel and is called Blue Harmony Spa. I had trouble locating the name before we went! They have a website so you can look it up.
8. There are bars at building 4, building 6, and the Wyndham Grand hotel. You can order limited food at the building 4 bar (called Escudos Bar) and there is a full menu at the bar/restaurant at the Wyndham Hotel (called Back Bay). There is also a fancy seafood grill at the hotel called Deep Blu and a coffee shop that serves Starbucks. Also, there is a pizza place by the pool between buildings 2 and 3
9. Our hallway smelled like cigarette smoke during our stay. We figured this was because the exit stair is open to the outside and the little balcony this creates seems to smokers like a good place to smoke.
10. There were lots of activities going on. If you can take a break from Disney during the day you could have a great time staying at the hotel and doing a fraction of the things they have for the guests.
11. There are lots of nice large grills outside by the lake. You can grab a huge steak and grill to perfection with a beer in one hand and your spatula in the other. I saw a worker cleaning the grills until shiny one morning and they looked very fancy and clean.
11. Target is about 7 miles by car on US 192 at US 429. It is a SuperTarget so they have groceries, beer, wine, and everything else you could need (bottled water?) Everything is cheaper at Target. Everything. They even have cheaper Disney souvenirs you can trick your kids with.
Overall we had a great stay at the Bonnet Creek Resort. I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews here but we found a huge, clean, well featured resort. I hope you find some of these tips helpful!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, EasyToBook, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Bonnet Creek Hotel
- Wyndham Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando At Bonnet Creek Resort
- Bonnet Creek Resort Orlando
- Orlando Wyndham
- Fairfield Bonnet Creek
- Bonnett Creek Resort