“Very Nice and Well Appointed Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #89 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Very Nice and Well Appointed Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for a recent business conference and found the property to be very nice and clean. While the lobby was very nice, the rooms were on the upside of basic. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

The location is very convenient to all Disney attractions. Hotel staff was courteous at check in. I thought the property was limited on dining options. High end restaurant, could use something more basic. Coffee shop was a convenient option.

Pool area was great

Only negatives were the bar staff seemed a little slack at times and also ran across a rude lady in the coffee shop. You don't count money in your cash till while a customer is standing there and ignor them...and not even make eye contact.

Room Tip: If you want a view, be sure to ask for one. I did not need a view and it was the parking deck
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

2,001 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
Newcastle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Upon arrival, the resort and the grounds look impressive. However, the customer service was thre worst I've ever experienced. The countertop was damaged and no one even went to check it out. Whenever you called the customer service, you had to wait up to five minutes to get a live voice. One of the telephones didn't work in the unit because the resort was doing an "upgrade" -- for a whole week it didn't work. It was impossible to get anyone, from the Concierge to the Manager, to call you back. There was no security for the guests. Room keys were handed out without checking identity. I couldn't believe how little the guests mattered to the resort management. The most upsetting experience was that the garbage chute was blocked for three days before anyone corrected the problem and cleaned up the trash rooms. This was truly a potential health hazard!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed in the main building not any of towers .
ADAM advise if kids wanna see fireworks from Disney we should take 3rd floor which is lovely just sitting on the balcony at night and enjoy.
Jason helped planning the visits to the parks and of course not to forget the water parks.
Emanuel advice about time share or your next vacation with Wyndham
All in all beside the main point of the fun in Orlando the people at the resort is fun to be with.
I strongly recommend this resort to stay on your next vacation

• Stayed January 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

As are most hotels in Orlando the money is spent on what you see on the outside and the lobby while the rooms were ice not great but nice the outside and lobby are great as long as it's clean it was fine now on the my staff issue while this was our fault kind-of my daughter left her ipad after we switched to a new hotel we wnt back the same day they told us osmeone had checked in the room at 1:00 amazing how we could not check in until after 4:00 but anyways they asked the location of the ipad said they would have security go up and get it it was in a well hidden place since the room safe was broken it's been almost two weeks back home and no call from resort staff my guess is that the new guests would have never found it once we told the "staff" about it they went to the room knocked on the door no guests were in the room and they helpe themselves my guess no proof again our fault but a working safe would have been nice we did tell the front desk but the staff really seems more interested in griping about doing there job then helping you out we had reservations at another Wyndham in TN. but we won't be uisng that reservation now as if they care this is basically a form to complain about some stuff that can't be fixed but just to let future guests know

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boxford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here for almost two weeks b/w Christmas and past New Years day, while visiting Disney. We had an AMAZING time! The resort is immaculate. There are a ton of things to do with the family and all of us enjoyed our time there. You can easily spend most of your time there, rather than the parks... We spent a day at the resort and the rest of the days in the Disney Parks and we returned to eat and sleep at the property.
I would come back in a heart beat!

My only advise is to avoid the whole timeshare sales pitch. It's not worth it. If indeed you are interested in buying a timeshare there, just buy something from eBay or another reputable online seller. We were aware of how expensive it is buying through them, going into the sales "pitch" but hoped to be able to get some information regarding the point system etc. We were told that it was going to take 90 min. We ended up staying in there for more than 2.5 hours. We got nothing out of it. Waste of our time.

Vacation time is precious, don't waste it on a timeshare presentation. Other than that, I can't find anything wrong with the resort!!!

We'll be back again, but this time around, we'll very politely decline the sales pitch :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Holly Springs, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We absolutely loved our room. It was a presidential deluxe and it was bigger than our house! This was an upgrade. Didn't get the parking pass that everyone says is a complaint. Of course we were only there 1 night. I was warned about the sales pitch. We avoided it. Very convenient to all Disney

Room Tip: Just say no to the tour.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was my second stay at Wyndham’s Bonnet Creek (third if you count my stay last year at the hotel located on property). I stayed from November 27-30, 2012.
I had requested a one bedroom condo in the main building. When I checked in I was told that was not available, but they had a condo for me in the “newly refurbished” building 1, and that it had a “great view.”
The “great view” turned out to be a view of the parking lot.
But other than that, it was fine. It was near the elevator, but due to the size of the condo, I did not hear any noise.
If you’ve read other reviews, you know what’s in the condo. It is a nice size unit.
The resort itself is very nice. They have 5 pools, 2 water slides, 2 lazy rivers, a child splash area, free mini golf, pool tables, exercise room, many activities, etc.
And of course, it is much cheaper to stay here than at a Disney resort. Condos are available at what I would consider bargain prices, from timeshare owners who rent them out. Search around and you will get a bargain.
The resort has an excellent location. It is “inside” Disney World, a few blocks from Downtown Disney, and practically around the corner from Typhoon Lagoon.
I also drove from Bonnet Creek to Universal. This took me 20 minutes on a weekday morning at about 8 am.
Upon arrival, watch out for the “go to the next desk for your parking pass” trick, which is just intended to get you to a timeshare sales presentation. If you do go to the presentation, please—I implore you—before you go, look up prices for a Bonnet Creek timeshare on ebay. I am a Wyndham owner. I went to their new “non-pressure seminar” for owners, for which I was given $100. After the “seminar” the salesman offered me timeshare points at a “dirt cheap price”: $13,000 (Wyndham Cypress Palms). You can get an ownershipon ebay for free, from owners looking to bail out and not pay maintenance fees any more.
Bottom line: Bonnet Creek is a very nice resort, and you can save a lot of money by staying there as opposed to a Disney resort. Of course, you will be giving up the amenities of a Disney resort stay, as well as the “total immersion” Disney experience. If you’re willing to sacrifice those, you will not be disappointed in Bonnet Creek.

Room Tip: Ask for a fireworks view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!