“Good value, convinient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #94 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good value, convinient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Our main goal was Disney, and we actually did not step out of the Disney Gates for a week! We have young kids, so we returned from the parks in the afternoon, took a break, and then headed back again. It's only about 10 mins to the MK parking lot, a couple of minutes to Downtown Disney. So the location is awesome.

The unit was spacious and clean when we arrived. Well equipped. We like having the option of doing breakfast at home, and cooking up some quick meals when everyone is tired. Having a kitchen really helps with that.

The facilities were nice (but not great). There were a few pool options, 2 lazy rivers - not very large, but decent. The pools are heated. Lots of kids.

We got a great deal from Vacation Strategy.

Our unit was in Building 5 - lower floor, and overlooking the parking - which wasn't the best. I do wish we got a better view.

Timeshare: they saw we weren't interested. They called once, and did not bother us again.

Given the price and convinience, we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Tower 6 has the best pool. Tower 5 has a small pool, but the lazy river (we only stayed here, and th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (653)
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We chose this resort property due to proximity to Disney parks and it has bed room suites with full kitchen. Very close to Disney Hollywood, Epcot, and Downtown Disney. Animal Kingdom, Sea World, and Magic Kingdom are about 15-20 minutes drive away. The resort is very safe for kids and families, and has several attractions e.g. lazy river, mini-golf, several swimming pools; rooms are very clean and well-maintained. The only negative remark we have is that the sofa in the living room was not in a good condition, for which there was a note of apology upon arrival. Also stay away from their aggressive time-share selling unless you are really interested in buying one. It is a waste of time to sit thru that presentation. They hype/inflate the discount on Disney parks tickets just to sit thru the sale presentation; not worth it.

Room Tip: High floors on the lake side have fantastic views.
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We visited Orlando and stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort from the 4/17-4/21. The property location is really close to EPCOT and other Disney parks. I was greeted by Velecia at the front desk and she accommodated my request. She put us up in Tower 4, room 874 with the view of EPCOT fireworks at night as I requested. Before I entered the room there were 2 wine glass next to the door, they seemed to be clean. I left them there. The housekeeping staff picked them up the next day when she brought me a sponge to wash the dishes.
The room was clean and well kept. We had 2 bedroom unit with 2 flat screen TV. The kitchen was complete with all cookware, toaster, coffee maker, big refrigerator, microwave and utensils. Beds were clean and comfortable. Bathrooms/showers and jet tub in the master bedroom were clean. Patio was equipped with chairs and table.
Now, although my room was near the elevator, I could not hear any noise. We have no issue with AC (make sure you lock the patio door in order to keep the AC running) and our room temperature was always comfortable.

We did not use the pool or lazy river but I use the hot tub. Tower 4 has a square pool and 2 hot tubs, so easy access from my room. There are several pools area around the resort. Gym located near the activity room is small but nobody there anyway. You will get your exercise by walking in the theme parks but there were a lot of people walking and running in the morning around the lake. I did not use any spa services.

Staff and housekeeping were great and they took care our request promptly.

We did not have any problem with parking at this resort. At least there is a parking structure by tower 4.

So, overall we had a good experience staying at this property. I would recommend this property , especially when you travel with family. You can save a lot of money by cooking your own food rather than eating outside every day.

Room Tip: Room facing EPCOT will have a view of parking lot and trees but you will be able to see fireworks at...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Blackwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I am still trying to get "hipped" at 67 years of age. I don't believe one can review Bonnet Creek Resort without considering Wyndham Timeshares. It IS a timeshare resort. We attended a timeshare recruitment seminar at this location during Spring Break 2011. I didn't become an owner but I did buy "Discovery" points. Ostensibly, this pseudo-ownership provides an opportunity for one to "discover" if one would like to buy timeshare points.
If you, like me, are uneducated regarding timeshares, let me say that they are not what they used to be. Nowadays, one merely commits to X-amount of points, per year, and uses them in any Wyndham timeshare resort, (notice, I did not say HOTEL) My Eureka moment: Forget about ownership. Google Wyndham Owners' Forum or eBay and buy the reservations you need at a deep discount. Wyndham allows this transfer, with chagrin, and the owners avoid getting stuck with points they paid for but are unable, for one reason or another, to use.

Bonnet Creek is for families with kids. DUH! Well, you ARE in WDW! I know, but seniors like WDW too, and those who come here get a thrill watching little ones having a ball. When in theme parks, seniors must accede to the kids and most of us do. But my review is meant as advice for my peers...seniors, and whether or not Bonnet Creek is for THEM.

What I mean is that kids take over the pools of the hotel you are staying at and pretty-much dominate the whole scene. Like bitter medicine, kids are something best taken in small doses. At least that's the way I and many other seniors see them. The tacit premise of my review is that seniors staying here must be prepared to "endure" kids, not just for those hours spent at theme parks, but also for those hours they plan to spend relaxing on the grounds of this fabulous hotel.
We stayed on the 15th Floor of Building 4 where the view was magnificent, and ventured down to ground level at poolside on only two occasions, both times having to turn-back because there was nowhere to sit; not that we would have been able to sit poolside for long, what with all the kids splashing about. I guess what I'm saying is that pools are places where kids splash-about no matter what hotel one stays at but at Bonnet Creek, it's to the nth degree. Couple this with the fact that seniors will be in the company of children for all of their waking hours and you see why...It's very nice but WE WON'T BE BACK.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The resort has several buildings surrounding a lake with a fountain. As a guest, you have access to all of the pools, kids splash areas, water slides, hot tubs and lazy rivers. There is much to keep families busy. Inside, the villas have a Tuscan-esque decor and are well maintained. The kitchen has enough flatware, silverware, etc. to make cooking a breeze. The dining room table is big enough for all guests in the villa. The two bedroom villa sleeps eight but we were just five so no one had to sleep on the sofa bed. Having en suite washer/dryer was great so that our clothes were clean and bathing suits were dry.

See if you can get a room in the tallest building near the pirate pool and water slides (building six?). It is the newest and has its own reception desk.

The resort offers complimentary shuttle buses to all Disney parks.

The location is fantastic: inside Disney property near Hollywood Studios. We could be in the parks in minutes. The rate is what you would pay for a budget hotel room through Disney. With Bonnet Creek, you get the location, resort amenities and a villa for eight.

This was our second visit and it will certainly not be our last.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have stayed at wyndham bonnet creek twice, and each time they have been amazing. Rooms are very spacious and everything is on point. It is close to the disney parks, with bus shuttle provided. It is close to pleasure island area as well, local restaurants.

I recommend this place to everyone I know!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My first and most likely my last experience. I am/was a timeshare owner. Still have the timeshare at Cypress Palms with ex-boyfriend. Rented a 1 bedroom for my mother's 80th birthday. That is all that was available on-line. Tried to upgrade when I checked in but was told 100% occupancy. Not very friendly front desk. I highly recommend a tower for adults only. Way too many children/families. Had difficulty calling out of the room, it took 2 calls and a visit to the front desk to get 2 more pillows where I found 4 staff members engrossed in their own conversation instead of looking up to see if anyone was at the front desk, cold shower on two occasions, a/c was not working in room and finally got someone in our room to fix it at 11:00pm. Diane/concierge the most friendly and helpful of all. Will not be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!