“Our first Off-Site Disney Vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off Discount
Ranked #95 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Deptford, NJ
“Our first Off-Site Disney Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC) is a vacation ownership resort (timeshares) You can book directly through Wyndham if you are not an owner although we found there is significant savings if you rent through an owner. After much research, we found a reputable owner and booked our room for 8 nights and spent less then $950 !!

The grounds are well kept and clean. The resorts consists of 6 timeshare buildings/towers, one main building/clubhouse, and a hotel which all surround a lake. Many of the buildings have their own pool - with 5 pools in all. The hotel also has it's own pool. There are 2 lazy rivers with tubes provided @ no cost for floating. One of the pools is Pirate Ship themed and has a slide and a little wooden pirate boat that kids can pretend to drive. Another pool has a water slide and a kiddie wading pool. There is a large kiddie splash area with wading pool. Also, each of the pool areas have 2 hot tubs. All of the pools, aside from the splash zone/kiddie pools, are heated.

The resort offers mini golf, a playground, activity room, arcade, table tennis, pool tables, shuffle board, gas grills, and daily activities which are all included (some of the activities like ice cream sundaes may have a small fee). There are a few restaurants at the hotel that timeshare guests can use as well plus there are a few pool bars and some bar food in the time share complex.

The resort is located technically "on Disney Property" as they did not sell when Disney was buying up all of the land they have now. It is located right near Caribbean Beach resort. We could see the resort and Epcot from our room. Travel to/from the Disney parks was quick and easy for us, as we had a rental car. The drive was 10 mins or less to every park. The resort does has a free shuttle bus to all of the Disney Parks but we did not use it since we had the car. The schedule we were given showed the buses running about ever 20-30 mins during peak hours and a bit further spread apart in off hours.

We requested a room with a fireworks view after reading some reports that there are such rooms here that can see Illuminations at Epcot. We were given a room in Tower 4, 9th floor that over looked the parking lot and Employee Services Building. Not a great view for sure BUT we could see Epcot (Spaceship Earth "Ball) and Caribbean Beach resort when looking out our windows or sitting on the balcony. At night, in addition to being able to watch Illuminations from our balcony we were surprised to find we could see the Wishes fireworks as well. The crappy parking lot view was well worth being able to see those two shows from our room each night.

Our room has 2 bedrooms. The master had a king size bed, whirlpool tub, and and attached bathroom with shower and two separate sink areas. The room also had a flat screen tv :) The second bedroom had two double (queen?) beds, attached bath with tub/shower combo, and a flat tv as well. There was a full kitchen with everything you need to cook and eat, dinning room with seating for 6 plus 2 more could sit at the kitchen breakfast bar counter. The living room consisted of a sleeper sofa and a chair and another flat tv. As mentioned before we had a balcony with fireworks views - and that had 2 end tables and 4 chairs. It also had ashtrays for any smokers out there wondering. The rooms were very clean and the size suited us quite nicely. My husband and I were traveling with our two children ages 2.5 and 11 plus my daughter's friend. The children shared the second bedroom for the most part although a few nights my son did sleep with us - score +1 for the king size bed!

Since this is a timeshare resort there is no included daily cleaning services although you can request a cleaning and pay for it. On our 7th day housekeeping did come in a do a cleaning (to our surprise) and I found out later they do clean once a week if your stay spans more then a weeks time. They do give you laundry/dish soap, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner,mouth wash, face soap, and body soap. We were also given samples of a toothpaste, razor, breath right strips, and something else that is escaping me at the moment.

Now that you have all of the general info I will give you our experience/opinions on everything.

Check In: Check in was crowded around 4:30 in the afternoon - but that is to be expected. Thankfully the line moved quickly and our room view request was able to be granted. After you check in I have heard horror stories about getting your parking pass from the parking desk. The stories were of the "I am going to sell you a time share" type. My husband filled out their little questionnaire which asked income - he just checked the lowest level and was never asked about a time share. Parking pass obtained and we were on our way! +1 for check in efficiency even though the lines were long.

Room: Fireworks view was great! Parking was a bit rough at night but there was a parking garage at the end of our lot that we could go to if the lot was full. Loved being able to make breakfast/lunch/dinner etc in our room. Lots of space so we didn't feel like we were on top of one another. Very Clean. Contained every thing we needed in the kitchen. Our building had it's own pool and pool bar. The main building was on one side of us (with the activities center, Starbucks, pools/lazy river/splash zone) and the building on the other side had a zero entry pool with lazy river. We also had a grill area, shuffle board, and table tennis right at our building. +1 for location +1 for view +1 for cleanliness +1 for space HOWEVER -1 for close parking availability and -1 for being the furthest building from the playground ... truly not a real minus to us though as it was a mere 2 minute walk around the lake.

Staff: All staff that I ran into, from pool staff, to housekeeping,store employees, and random employees that were around the resort were all very friendly to us. I have one gripe in regards to staff. We called to request additional towels since us three ladies use more then one. The housekeeping staff knocked on the door at 11:45pm to deliver them when they were requested around 7pm. I was just about to go to bed, everyone else was already asleep, and the knocked scared the you know what out of me. I am going to give them a -1 for efficiency on that but they def get a +1 on friendliness.

Restaurants/Food: The hotel has 3 or 4 different venues for food while the time share resort has a pool bar that serves food and also quick service type location called La Cocina. La Cocina will deliver food right to your room. The food was pricey ($55 included tip for 2 salads, nachos, and boneless wings) and the food was bad to mediocre. I also tried the Starbucks which is located in the main buildings general store. It is not a stand alone Starbucks - they just are able to make the Starbucks coffees and drinks. I give them a -1 for La Cocina. I never tried the bars or hotel restaurant offerings so I can't comment but want to give a +1 for choice / selection. I also give them +1 for the Starbucks - sometimes a caramel macchiato is needed when you are doing an 8 am playground run.

Pools: We visited each pool except the hotel pool(we saw it but didn't swim in it) 3 of the 5 pools are zero entry which is great with a 2 year old. One of the zero entry pools was "attached" to the lazy river while the other lazy river was "free standing" We loved all of the pools, they were never too crowded and there were always plenty of lounge chairs and floats for the rivers. The pool at our tower often had someone playing live music which was nice - but there was music playing at all of the pools as well. The splash zone was a lot of fun and we were the only people using it at the time. It was very cold though since we had grown accustomed to the pools being heated. Oh, two of the pools are salt water but you could barely tell. +1 for the pools

Playground: The playground had a "canopy" that kept it shaded. There were two swings, a slide "set" that had multiple small rock walls, climby things, and slides, a life sized chess set, and a volleyball court. The kids liked decompressing at the playground. It gave them a chance to run around and be crazy. It also gave them a chance away from the over stimulation at the parks. It was clean and well kept. +1 playground facilities.

Activities: In our lobby there was a listing of daily activities. There were crafts, movies on the lawn, ice cream sundaes, and more - but we never got to participate. We did a lot at the Disney parks and were tired when we were back at the resort. Aside from the pools, hot tubs, and the playground we never utilized any extras although we wanted to. +1 for availability of activities.

Children's Program: There is no drop off program or babysitting offered through the resort. This was not a -1 for us but could be for some that would utilize that type of service.

I would definitely stay here again. With having kids I NEED to have separate bed rooms and a kitchen. If you stay on Disney property you would have to rent a 1 or 2BR villa. The prices are really very high if you have noticed. We stayed at SSR(Saratoga Springs) this past Jan with the two kids PLUS my mother in law in a 2 bedroom. I didn't feel any less Disney magic staying at WBC then I did at SSR. In fact there really isn't anything at the Disney resorts, aside from extra magic hours and the dining plan, that I didn't have at WBC. Having a 2 year old we would never utilize them anyway. I was much closer to the parks travel time wise when staying at WBC then when we stayed at SSR. The value of this place can't be beat either. The price is at the very least a third of what you pay to stay at something comparable in a Disney Villa. I really can't say enough how much the whole family enjoyed this place. You could really make a vacation out of just staying at this resort. I can't wait to have the opportunity to go back and do some of the stuff we missed this time around.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (726)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

It was the wrong choice. My trip was for business purposes but not for vacation. It took me 3 trips to the front desk an 2 phone calls to get an extended stay. Finally the property manager was very kind by authorizing me a 3-hours extension. The check out time (10AM) is not good. Booking policies fit for vacation purposes only.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

For the past few years our family has stayed here almost monthly. We have stayed in every tower on the property. With so many visits we only had one room that was not acceptable. On that stay the staff was super nice and more than made up for the issue. Our kids love the many swimming pools, pirate ships, slides, etc. We love the location on Disney and close to I drive. The Presidential suites are to die for, especially tower six. Very family friendly.

Room Tip: Make friends with the management staff. They are super nice and professional.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have stayed at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek twice. The first time (July 2011) we spent a week in building 6 on the 19th floor. We had a view of the parking lot. This was one of the presidential suites, and it was very very nice - not as grand as other presidential properties by Wyndham, but very comfortable nontheless. This month (January 2012) we stayed in building 4 in unit# 1371. The view was just wonderful as you could see the entire resort. It was a regular suite, nothing fancy, but it was so comfortable. However for the regular suites you should know that the whirlpool bathtub has no door and is actually seperated from the bedroom by only a quarter wall. The showers are nice, but beware the bathroom floors - VERY VERY slippery when wet!! so be careful to bring your shower shoes. The A/C doesn't stay on very well when run overnight -- I had to keep getting out of bed during the night to turn it on again. These are minor irritations and I would rent again at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek in a heartbeat. The staff is friendly, the pizza at La Cocina on the resort is great! The ice cream sundae in the activities room is a pleasant diversion on a hot day! The hot tubs all around are so nice and we met a lot of nice people in them. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed going to Universal Studios and it was great to have a comfortable place to relax at the end of a long day. Bonnet Creek is the only non-Disney resort on Disney grounds which makes it very convenient. Don't take the Bonnet Creek bus transportation to Disney though because we had to wait for two hours in line on our July trip to get our ride back to Bonnet Creek. The Mall at Mellenia is not to be missed. Big Fin restaurant in Orlando has happy hour from 5-7, and their seafood is just the best!! We have been to Orlando probably a dozen times or so, and the Wyndham Bonnet Creek is our favorite resort. I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Corner suites show the best resort views
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have stayed at BC twice, Nov 2010 and Jan 2012. We love the place. Our only complaint is about the surrounding getting the parking pass. I'm on vacation and the son of a timeshare owner, I do not want to talk to a salesman, attend an owners update, or have someone (a salesman) come to my room to "help me complete a survey".

The next trip, I'm just going to skip the parking pass desk and see if they tow my rental car. Most nights I didn't have it on the dash and they don't ask for your plate number or car description...

Other than that, the place is great. Clean rooms, nice pools, comfortable beds, just about perfect, except for the attempts at the hard sell.

We did notice that the free coffee and other room supplies has now stopped, but I was surprised when we first stayed in a TS and we were able to get all that stuff for free.

We did have a problem with the blender, but a phone call to the front desk was all it took to get a new one sent up with-in the hour. Can't ask for much more than that.

Room Tip: Buildings 4, 5, and 6 have the nicest pools.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Costa Teguise, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were visiting from overseas for two weeks, to do the sites and decided to try two hotels, one week each at 2 supposed premium hotels, we first stay at the Orlando Marriott's Imperial Palm Villas the 1st week, this place was totally first class on everything, the entire stay 100% satisfaction, highly recommended.

Our 2nd week we went to Bonnet Creek Orlando, on appearance it looks great, a huge hotel resort complex. Once you enter, to check in, you find a two phase check process, the truth now starts, after the first long line at the front desk and verifying your personal check in information and ensuring you have paid, you proceed to the second phase and another long line, on the other side of this large room, before getting the room keys, you encounter low class staff trained with high pressure tactics on selling you time share, total invasion of privacy and extremely poor customer service.

Beware of them trying to get all kind of personal information from you, to which they wouldn't let us have our room keys until it was provided, even after telling them, that their line of questioning was unacceptable, intrusive and made us totally uncomfortable (we made up all of it, to get the room keys and went to the management).

Consider that we had already paid 100% of this hotel 2 weeks earlier before arriving. We went over to the manager and after expressing what just occured, he told us that it was an acceptable practice of Wyndam to pressure and even insult guest who didn't want to do the time share tours or provide all the answers on the time share forms they ask and that he, nor the hotel couldn't do anything about it.

Once we made it to our room, it was not very clean and the air conditioner didn't work or never lower the temp to a comfortable level, noisy environment from construction starting at 6AM each day, TV remotes didn't work, toilet wouldn't flush properly, jacuzzi didn't work, reported problems to no avail, all the halls in the hotel hot/dirty, air not working there either, staff in general incompetent and non responsive. We hated it so much, 100% dis-satisfaction, we moved our flight schedule to an asap earlier date and checked out 3 nights later of a 7 night stay, even as the entire week was paid in full. They wouldn't refund any portion of the total, considering all the issues/complaints. For the price you pay at this zero star resort, you can do absolutely better elsewhere, awful resort, if we lived in the U.S., I'm certain we could of sued the hotel and won............

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
McMinnville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

This was an outstanding resort...gorgeous accomodations AND a heated pool. Shuttles to Disney World made for an effortless family vacation. Staff was very friendly and eager to please.

Room Tip: Ask for a building where shuttle stops
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!