“Awesome Place! We Will Be Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

You added Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort to your Saves list
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830 (Formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #93 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
michigan
“Awesome Place! We Will Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

WE absolutely would stay here again~ I was also worried about staying here after reading reviews. These people must be looking for things to complain about. It smelled great in the building. We had awesome rooms. We did not hear people in fact we thought we were there all alone.
We stayed with 2 other couples in 2/2 bdrms and had more than enough room ( we want to bring our families next year) Rooms were so clean. Had everything we needed . Loved the place, the view. We were called 1 time. But we went to the check in and signed up to hear about the timeshare. It was not bad and we never got another call and got a lot of money ( gift certificates) for Disney. It was great.We had extra money to buy our kids souviners.It was so awesome~ All the staff was so nice to us. Offered help and asked if we needed things. We all just loved it. It is an AAA+++ in our book. We have stayed at Celebration World resort many times and loved it and at Orange Lake 1 time and hated it. But this is an awesome place to relax and stay close to Disney parks.
I highly recommend it. Clean friendly and so very close.

• Liked — tons of room! Clean!
  • Disliked — did not get to stay long enough~
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
Homestead, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

Great place to stay! We were allowed to check-in 1 hour early with no hassle. Our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment was in tower 1, right next to the main building. We got a great rate through Extra Holidays of $189 a night. Great pool, I LOVED the lazy river. Everything in the room was great, plenty of towels, dishes, supplies, you name it. My only complaint was the PAPER THIN walls. You really CAN hear everything your neighbor is saying. Ask for a room at the end of the hall to avoid that problem.

Aside from that, the timeshare thing actually worked out. As I checked-in they tried to schedule me for a tour and I firmly said no. Once I got to my room I shut off all our phones to avoid any sales calls. One day we got a note left on our door knob offering us $120 in cash for doing a 60 minute tour. Well, $120 is a lot of money! So, I scheduled a tour. Hubby and I prepared for what we thought would be a long and annoying tour. We said we weren't interested right from the start and made it VERY CLEAR we were only there for the money. Our excuse was we only want to vacation in rental houses from now on, especially after the paper thin walls. It must have worked because she didn't even bother giving us a tour, she just gave us a yellow slip saying we had completed the tour and gave us $120 in CASH! We couldn't believe it, it was so easy! Trust me, take the tour, stick to your guns and use our excuse and you are golden.

Great stay overall, we'll be back!

• Liked — The location and the size of the units
  • Disliked — The paper thin walls
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SaratogaNewYork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

My wife and I and our4 1/2 yr old daughter just returned from a 7 day stay at Bonnet Creek and absolutely loved it. By far the cleanest resort we've ever stayed at. This was the only place my wife actually didn't have anything to be concerned about regarding the cleaniness and the resort' standards. Although there is construction going on adjacent to tower 4 where we stayed you could see it but not hear must of its' noise. The other guests were more friendly than we've encountered at other Orlando-area resorts. I suspect they were having just as good a time as we were.
They employ a different approach to getting you scheduled for a timeshare presentation via getting your parking permit from another desk at check-in time. The tour lasted just 45 minutes as we prefer renting to buying and our rep fully understood that. No pressure to buy was attempted much to our surprise. All in all we cannot wait to find another opportunity to return next year.

Tallahassee, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

For my daughter's 5th birthday we decided to go to Disney's Magic Kingdom and we stayed at the Bonnet Creek Resort. We had a great time
and the resort was beautiful. The pool was right outside our patio, as was the bar and pizzeria. Everything was so convenient. The resort
had a good location, close to the parks and it was nice to have the shuttle bus and not have to worry about parking. Every evening the Disney fireworks could be see from our room. I have stayed at several
Orlando area resorts and hotels and Bonnet Creek was the most enjoyable.

My only complaints would have to be the beds and the fact that we had to request the "baby's crib" several times, even though we asked for it when we made the reservations. After calling three times for them to bring the "crib" to our room, we finally got it, but it was a play pen . I had to fold up a blanket (under the crib sheet, not supplied by the resort) to make the play pen comfortable as it was very hard. Our beds were not so great, but after the long days of walking and adventure you can almost sleep anywhere.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience will very little downfalls.
I will definitely return to the Bonnet Creek Resort.

• Liked — Location, pools, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Beds (regular and baby cribs)
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Evans City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2007

My family and I traveled to Bonnet Creek on September 29th through the 6th of October. Before going, we read reviews of how people were hounded by the sales personnel. As an owner in the Wyndham Resorts, I had no trouble. When I checked in, I told them that I was here for vacation with my family and I didn't want to be bothered by anyone. They wrote this down by my name and I didn't hear from anyone all week. We heard no noise from the other apartments and no one in the halls talking loudly or running up and down. I don't know where these other people stayed, but it wasn't in this resort! We had a great time around the pools and the lazy river. There was music all day long and great drinks at night from the Tiki Bar. My grandchildren had a great time with all the activities they offered. We made our own sundaes one day, t-shirts another day and had duck races another. It rained all week off and on but that didn't affect the fun we had. The rooms were spacious and QUIET!! We had a great balcony overlooking the pool area. There is construction going on, but you really can't hear them working. As far as the shuttle being late, we had no problem at all. We rode it twice to the parks and it arrived when it said it would. Also, I don't know where these people got that the shuttle leaves before the firework , but they are wrong. We stayed until the fireworks were done and then caught the shuttle at Epcot. They gave us plenty of time to get to the stop after the fireworks were done. I would definately go back to this resort. We had a great time!

• Liked — All of the activities that go on at the resort.
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

This place was absolutely gorgeous. Everyone was very friendly. The activity coordinators were extremely wonderful and always had activities planned for the guests. Most of the time, they were staying past their 9:00 p.m. quitting times. We had a 3-bedroom and there was plenty of room for all 10 of us. There was a master BR, 2nd BR had a king bed, and the third BR had 2 queen beds. The couch had a pull-out bed in it too. Our balcony overlooked the putt-putt golf course so that was convenient when our children were out playing. The resort was convenient to all the parks at Disney World. You could actually see the fireworks from MGM if you go up to the 9th floor in our building and look out the windows in the foyer. The only complaint I have is that the transportation system to the parks wasn't what I expected. They had a schedule they run and if the bus filled up before you could get on, you had to wait until the next available bus and sometimes that could be an hour. We did the transportation thing for 2 days and then decided to drive everyday after that. I try to keep in mind that they DO NOT have to offer the transportation, that it's only a treat. I had stayed in a Disney World resort before and used to the 15-minute bus transportation back and forth. I would definitely come back to this resort and will be sure to put it on my favorite's list.

• Liked — The very nice large 3-BR suite, the pool with waterslide, and the location.
  • Disliked — Transportation back and forth from the Disney parks.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

We stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort during the Disney Softball World Tournament. It was a wonderful location and the resort was absolutely marvelous. We had a 3 bedroom condo, and there were like 9 of us and it was more than enough room. We stayed in the newer buildings and they are quite spacious. Large living room, dining room, kitchen, master room and two bedrooms and 2 baths. Nice size and great. Would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The space.
  • Disliked — No cleaning service!!
  • Stayed September 2007

Been to Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort? Share your experiences!